Top FIVE Vintage items that YOU own (TAKE PICTURES!) v2016

aussiejames

Sith Lord
4 out of 5 are Aussie addressed
20160519.jpg

The 4LOM is a 'variant' to my childhood version. "An old thread on here states there are only 3 known MOC" I know of a handful.

Awesome card backs , thanks for sharing , I never knew the death squad commander was released on a 41 back nsw address , I guess you learn something knew all the time

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Soo many cool items on this thread....

I love looking at rare vintage items,but I think I'm most jealous of the guys who have stuff from their childhood, cos for me that's why I collect to relive my younger years, the memories and for the love of Star Wars.

I remember selling all my vintage collection, and there was a lot, for a pathetic £20 :(

Really great to look at items that folk have had for all those years 8)

lejackal

Grand Master
Lee Gregory said:
I remember selling all my vintage collection, and there was a lot, for a pathetic £20 :(
Pretty much the same here, if only we knew then what we know now or if I'd listened to my mum :(

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Lee Gregory said:
Soo many cool items on this thread....

I love looking at rare vintage items,but I think I'm most jealous of the guys who have stuff from their childhood, cos for me that's why I collect to relive my younger years, the memories and for the love of Star Wars.

Really great to look at items that folk have had for all those years 8)

Sorry to read you sold your childhood collection :cry: I think many of us have done that. I sold some of my childhood items and the rest i mixed with the new items I bought :roll: lucky me some of my childhood items was so unique so I could find some of them again between the new items. Last year I repaired my Y-Wing Fighter from my childhood and found a box for it.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Lee Gregory said:
Pretty much the same here, if only we knew then what we know now or if I'd listened to my mum :(

Ha, my mum was like 'you don't play with them, get them sold'.

I think that's why 2 of my favourite items currently are two I have really fond memories of from being a kid. A MISB Dagobah and Ewok Village :D

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Lee Gregory said:
lejackal said:
Lee Gregory said:

Ha, my mum was like 'you don't play with them, get them sold'.

I think that's why 2 of my favourite items currently are two I have really fond memories of from being a kid. A MISB Dagobah and Ewok Village :D

I'm very lucky to still have every item that made it through my childhood :)

yoda

Sith Lord
Hi these are my top 5 items that mean the most to me.
[im
1464986435154-1952688283_zpskk50f4l0.jpg
g][/img]
[im
14649861400411535583860_zpsgud8qebn.jpg
g][/img]
[im
1464986071225-289255890_zpsr2hmtyug.jpg
g][/img]

Hi guys I think I bent the rule abit by going over 5 items. But that's my childhood Falcon and figures which I had many battles and great memories with! I couldn't separate them so I look at them all as one now.
Most of them have been together for over 30 years in that Falcon.
Luke farmboy, Han large head, C3PO solid Limbs are still missing and they were my favourites. I guess that's why they are missing I took them everywhere with me.
I have now tried to replace my childhood figures and Falcon as close to mint as I have found so far.
I really enjoyed seeing everyone else's top 5.
Some of my 5 may not be worth that much in value but they are priceless to me :)

I just remembered I forgot to say the guys on here told me Han is a toy toni. That really pissed me off when I found out. I will keep him now as a costly mistake and lesson.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Cool top 5 Yoda, 2-1B has seen better days. :lol:

Funny how slap head looks like he's walking on stilts!

yoda

Sith Lord
Thanks for the comments guys on my figures and ships. I hope this thread keeps going awhile longer. I love seeing other people's collections and finding out why they mean so much to them. For me it's not about the value or cost it's the happy memories I got from those particular figures.
I think that is why collecting means so much to alot of us it almost brings us back to our childhood in some ways :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Cool items you have choosen and love the childhood items, looks like you have played a lot with them :D

Have you thought about repair the falcon ?

yoda

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
Cool items you have choosen and love the childhood items, looks like you have played a lot with them :D

Thank you, and yes I have thought about repairing the Falcon. It's funny you asked that question because that is the very reason I now have a collection and ended up joining this forum.
My old Falcon sat for years with those figures in it up in parents loft. Thankfully my younger brother stored them away because I had grew out of interest with them as I got older and he had them passed to him. He had the sense to store them away when he was finally finished with them. So I have him to thank although he does think I am crazy now and taking this whole starwars collecting abit to far :)
Over the years I would look at it and the figures inside with fond memories. Then one night for some reason I took this notion as we all do! I decided I would try to build up my Falcon and restore it. I had been buying different bits and pieces on e-bay over the years but no starwars at this point. I decided to type in starwars Falcon parts not even knowing if any existed.
low and behold I now had everything I needed I couldn't believe it. I was about to buy the training ball but then decided to put in old vintage starwars toys.
Bang! I couldn't believe what came up on the listings I am sure you can imagine. I was shocked with what I could buy and the conditions different items wer in.
It's at this stage I decided not to fix the Falcon but try and buy what I used to own and leave my old figures and Falcon as she was.
The very first figure I bought was Chewie and when he arrived I couldn't believe it he was like new :)
It's at this point I can safely say I went a wee bit mad with the collecting. I was now able to buy things I only ever dreamt about owning. I was looking at boxed vehicles, ships, figures and I was working so knew I could buy them.
As I got deeper into the collecting I started seeing forums on the web. I used to brouse though the different ones but didn't really take any interest. After a few weeks I decided to join one and choose this forum. I am not on any other forums and from the vibes I sometimes pick up about other groups and forums I am content not to join anymore at the min. I am happy I choose this one because it's great for knowledge and having a bit of craic. Yes we can all have disagreements from time to time but I think in general it's a great place to be.
I just noticed this story has went on a bit so I'll stop. The answer to your question about the Falcon. No I will never restore her she will be kept as it is. I don't want to put parts that wer never mine onto the ship. I have happy memories looking at the ship the way it is :)
I am working now so I can buy all the complete Falcons I will ever need :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
yoda said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thank you, and yes I have thought about repairing the Falcon. It's funny you asked that question because that is the very reason I now have a collection and ended up joining this forum.
My old Falcon sat for years with those figures in it up in parents loft. Thankfully my younger brother stored them away because I had grew out of interest with them as I got older and he had them passed to him. He had the sense to store them away when he was finally finished with them. So I have him to thank although he does think I am crazy now and taking this whole starwars collecting abit to far :)
Over the years I would look at it and the figures inside with fond memories. Then one night for some reason I took this notion as we all do! I decided I would try to build up my Falcon and restore it. I had been buying different bits and pieces on e-bay over the years but no starwars at this point. I decided to type in starwars Falcon parts not even knowing if any existed.
low and behold I now had everything I needed I couldn't believe it. I was about to buy the training ball but then decided to put in old vintage starwars toys.
Bang! I couldn't believe what came up on the listings I am sure you can imagine. I was shocked with what I could buy and the conditions different items wer in.
It's at this stage I decided not to fix the Falcon but try and buy what I used to own and leave my old figures and Falcon as she was.
The very first figure I bought was Chewie and when he arrived I couldn't believe it he was like new :)
It's at this point I can safely say I went a wee bit mad with the collecting. I was now able to buy things I only ever dreamt about owning. I was looking at boxed vehicles, ships, figures and I was working so knew I could buy them.
As I got deeper into the collecting I started seeing forums on the web. I used to brouse though the different ones but didn't really take any interest. After a few weeks I decided to join one and choose this forum. I am not on any other forums and from the vibes I sometimes pick up about other groups and forums I am content not to join anymore at the min. I am happy I choose this one because it's great for knowledge and having a bit of craic. Yes we can all have disagreements from time to time but I think in general it's a great place to be.
I just noticed this story has went on a bit so I'll stop. The answer to your question about the Falcon. No I will never restore her she will be kept as it is. I don't want to put parts that wer never mine onto the ship. I have happy memories looking at the ship the way it is :)

Thanks, great story :D Sounds a lot like my story in 2001 when I started to collect again. I had also given my toy to my little brother and in 2001 I bought it back after I saw some collections from other collectors on the internet. I never had the falcon when I was a child, but I had the Y-Wing, my little brother destroyed it :roll: and a few years ago I took some parts from another y-wing and repaired it so it looks like when I had it when I was a kid, I also found a box for it :D

yoda

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:
yoda said:
Pomse2001 said:

Thanks, great story :D Sounds a lot like my story in 2001 when I started to collect again. I had also given my toy to my little brother and in 2001 I bought it back after I saw some collections from other collectors on the internet. I never had the falcon when I was a child, but I had the Y-Wing, my little brother destroyed it :roll: and a few years ago I took some parts from another y-wing and repaired it so it looks like when I had it when I was a kid, I also found a box for it :D

That's super glad you managed to save your y-wing :D Yes that is a similar story to mine. I think there are probably alot more on here like us who may have started collecting after finding or seeing old pictures of there old figures and ships again :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom