Top FIVE Vintage items that YOU own (TAKE PICTURES!) v2013

olisuds

Sith Lord
I think its about time we re-started this old thread.

Post your top FIVE Vintage Star Wars items. Include PICTURES of them and a short description such as what they are, why you like them, how you acquired them etc

It would be great if both new and old members contribute. And I'm sure there are plenty of old members that would be able to show us an update or show us some hidden grails that we've never seen before! Gary, Grant... :)

Post anything you like: Figures, MOC's, Prototypes, Boxed items, Vehicles, Playsets, Bootlegs - anything as long as its Vintage Star wars and YOU own it.

Here are the old threads:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5590
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8295

Come on folks, show us what you got. Who's going to be first??

tundra9

Sith Lord
I only have a handful of items left, but I'll show you my three faves:

Lili Ledy Stormie...
(Opened bubble though, and you lot must be getting tired of me posting this one over and over again... :lol: :lol: )
sam4705t.th.jpg

Popy Stormie
sam4715x.th.jpg

Trilogo Stormie
sam4704.th.jpg

olisuds

Sith Lord
Never get tired of seeing them buddy. The Lili Ledy Stormtrooper card is beautiful even if its an open bubble.

Joe

Grand Master
Would be nice to see some group shots this time as well, maybe it's just me but I think it's a little cooler seeing everything in one shot (not to mention it cuts down on scrolling :D)

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Great to see this resurrected again. Just fixed my pics from the 2011 thread. All of those items are still favorites, but I wanted to do some completely new ones.

1. We Really Do Care Mailer

We see the slogan in leaflets and instruction booklets all the time, but it's great seeing that Kenner did actually follow through to anyone that wrote them about a missing/ruined part. In this case the requestor got the BD X-Wing canons, canopy, and a MF turret.

wecare.jpg

2. DT Luke Baggie

I needed this to complete my EB mailer and prices have shot through the roof on them. By some miracle I got this one last year for roughly loose prices. It had been on my want list for a few years and I'm glad I was simply patient enough in waiting for a good deal on one.

eblukebaggie.jpg

3. Luke/Ben Miscard

This one has an interesting story behind it. I've always wanted it since seeing it on the archive. The collector who had it put it up for a pretty high BIN that I wasn't ready to pay. The new owner turned out to be Blarc who in turn got it graded. Blarc sold it on to another collector at auction. I didn't want to buy from Blarc, but the other collector was willing to take the risk. Other collector said I'd get first right of refusal. Time came up that they wanted to sell to help fund another piece, but then wanted 3 times what they bought it for which was closer to that original BIN. In turn it went to the other collector over a trade deal. Shortly after that new owner tried to sell it themselves for the same price and it sat there for quite some time. Then one day I get a pm from Joe (thanks again) that it had dropped closer to what I was willing to pay, so I snagged it up. After going through all those people in less than a year, I finally had it. lol

lukebenmiscardfront.jpg

4. POTF Concept Logo

This was my big purchase at CVI. I've always wanted one of these as the POTF line has always been of interest to me. It was Kenner's attempt to basically relaunch/freshen things up, so it's always fun to see the ideas that were being tossed around.

img_4084.jpg

5. Mungo Baobab UDE Coin

It's another example of something that could have been and got so far along in production before the line was cancelled. I was also happy to get this character because of some Droids Cels that I have featuring him and R2.

mungobaobab.jpg

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Great idea for a thread looking forward to everyone's photos.... :D For starters here are my 4 favorite MOC....plucked up the Leia 12 Back locally here in Dublin for a bargain.....The Han and stormie are both graded and the Luke Gunner card is something I have been after for a while and arrived this week from Canada
2013-02-07 20.28.45-1.png

My 5th pick is my UKG graded, Luke FB.....I love how it displays with saber in hand and it was only the second one done like that at the time...... :D
2013-02-08 18.04.40.png

Displays great with the Gunner card
2013-02-08 18.05.00.png

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
02bee8bd-ba3d-4716-917c-bba4cf531d84_zps373ce1a6.jpg

Han Solo Blaster - got this on a shopping trip through to Aberdeen to the "big toy shop" I wanted a space gun to play Star Wars and was looking at silver and red things that flashed and spat out sparks when my dad said what about this thing it says Star Wars on the box - don't think a put it down for at least a week!

Empire Strikes Back pencil from fan club, getting anything through the post from America just seemed magical to me, too young to appreciate the content of Bantha Tracks but loved the pictures.

Bounty Hunter Capture Log - Empire Strikes Back Hoth survival kit is my all time favourite mail away offer

My first lightsaber - ripped the picture of it out of a catalogue and begged my mum to buy it, the bulb inside it is long gone but when I pick it up I can feel the Force :D

Best for last, R2D2 - my first figure and will always be my favourite, lived in my pocket and played a vital role in all the epic battles I had in my bedroom, stairs, kitchen cupboard, back garden..........

Colin.

obiwannacollect

Jedi Knight
hi to all, been here just over a year, saw this post and wanted to contribute. So nice to see all the photos.

Firstly the wicket was my first ever moc and and when i opened the parcel i was just so spellbound that it started this whole hobby in full force. My plan at the time was just to have a wicket, that was it! and now, well its got quite out of hand.

The diecast slave was the first item i had graded and i love how you can see boba's legs dangling inside the pod.

The palitoy (90%) logray was the first item i bought from a forum member and was also the first time i fell in love with an ewok!

The palitoy (90%) lando skiff ( thanks to roundster again ) was the first time something i sent to be graded came back as a 90 but i love this version with the helmet actually on the figure.

these guys all featured heavily in my childhood so they mean alot.

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 859

BlueDog

Sith Lord
:shock: Wow all cracking items there fellas and great idea opening up a new thread Oli!

Jorn, no matter how often I see your Ledy Stormie mate it's a thrill.

Shawn, always interesting pieces from you mate, that parts mailer is really cool and not something you see everyday that's for sure.

Jeff, they look sweet mate, very jealous of that Leia 12 back. Still one of my favourite cards.

Colin, Love the way all of your pieces have a story behind them having your original Lightsaber from when you where a kid must be awesome and hold a special place in your collection.

Obi, great condition set of carded there mate, it's always been a goal of mine to get all of the figures I had as a kid on cards. Not too sure you should be telling everyone you "fell in love with an Ewok" though! :lol:

Fuzzy, yet another awesome set of carded figures you just can't go past the 12 backs IMO. What's the go with the price tag on Luke, not seen one like that before?

These would be my favourite top 5 items, all the cards are opened examples but still love having them in my collection and they are by far the one's I spend the most looking at when I should be working :lol:

Toltoys sail skiff Shipping box complete with an unopened example

Toltoys NZ 32 back Yoda

Toltoys 20 back Jawa

Toltoys 12 back Stormtrooper

Palitoy 12 back Chewbacca

100_6989_zps16c1025f.jpg

Mark_Yeo

Padawan
Been a while since I was here ...

Got quite a few favs, but I think I narrowed it down to these 5 (for now at least ...). Will put up a pic of where it is displayed in one of my 3 shelves with thumbnails of individual pics of them.

1. Takara Wind Up R2 Baggie Store Display complete with 36 MISP Takara Baggie Wind Up R2s

20130209_145512.jpg

TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-fullfrontview-1.jpg
TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Box-fullfrontview.jpg
TakaraWindUpR2-D2DisplaySetMIB-Figures-topviewof36sealedbaggiefigures.jpg

Why I like - not going to find a complete display set like this any time soon...

2. Wind Up R2 Kenner Canada AFA90 - 90-90-90

20130209_144416.jpg

R2-D2WindUpKennerCanada18UNPAFA90-90-90-90-fullfrontview-1.jpg
R2-D2WindUpKennerCanada18UNPAFA90-90-90-90-fullbackview.jpg
R2-D2WindUpKennerCanada18UNPAFA90-90-90-90-AFAlabel.jpg
R2-D2WindUpKennerCanada18UNPAFA90-90-90-90-fullfigureview.jpg

Why I like - buying this got me back into collecting MOCs after a long hiatus - it was my grail piece since I started collecting.

3. Luke Orange Hair ESB41E AFA75 - 75-80-85

20130209_144338.jpg

LukeSkywalkerESB41eOrangeHairPAFA75-75-80-85-fullfrontview1-1.jpg
LukeSkywalkerESB41eOrangeHairPAFA75-75-80-85-fullbackview.jpg
LukeSkywalkerESB41eOrangeHairPAFA75-75-80-85-AFAlabel.jpg

Why I like - it is probably the hardest to find Luke FB variant that is carded ... need I say more :)

4. Yoda ESB Miro Meccano

20130209_144241.jpg

YodaMeccanoMiro18ESBP-fullfrontview-1.jpg
YodaMeccanoMiro18ESBP-fullbackview.jpg
YodaMeccanoMiro18ESBP-figurefullview.jpg

Why I like - fantastic condition item and my first transaction with a Spanish collector.

5. Bespin Alliance Set AFA70

20130209_144904.jpg

Why I like - part of the trifeca of Kenner 3 packs ... something about the colour scheme that makes it stand out compared to the other ESB sets.

Cheers, Mark

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Some of my favourite Palitoy items:-

This is a resealed vinyl cape Jawa palitoy 12 back. Was really pleased to pick up and opened example and reseal it so it displays nicely. Would love a sealed example obviously! And check out the Zodiac price sticker that indicates it was shop sold rather than just being a factory sample.

P1000230.jpg

I love the iconic 1979 diamond jubilee logo and the then and now pictures of the kids playing with star wars toys on this price catalogue. There are another of couple of catalogues with dolls and action men on them too.

P1030725.jpg

Love 30 backs for the first 12 figures. Most of them are really rare even in cardback form. Would love to get a set of 12 cardbacks together.

palitoy_30bs.jpg

This is one of only 3 known palitoy shop stickers known to exist. Love it!

100_3588.jpg

This is a 30b back from my 2-1b focus. Love 2-1b and love palitoy so double win with this MOC!

palitoy_30b_21b_front.jpg

Hope you liked what I picked out.

:)

Jason

olisuds

Sith Lord
Shawn thats the Mintyest DT Luke baggie Ive ever seen and Love the Luke Ben Miscard too.

DublinJeff love those MOCs especially the Leia.

obiwannacollect great ROTJ Palitoy MOCs they look Mint!

fuzzybuzzytoys thats a fantastic set of 12 backs

Bluedog - even though they are opened they still look great

Blimey Mark - that is some top 5. I love the Takara R2s and really love that MOC Orange hair Luke

Jason love that Palitoy shop sticker and the 2-1B

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
itfciain said:
weasel said:
Some great items guys. Nice variety as well.

You must still have a few beauties left Weas ?

I think i still have the 5 from the previous thread. Not sure i've added much since then. Possibly aother LL but that's all.

Mark, **** collection you have there! :wink: :lol:

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Some really top drawer items all round here guys. Well done! Im amazed that the canadian 7 pack didnt feature in your top 5 Mark but I guess it must have been an almost impossible task choosing amongst that collection of yours. Truly amazing and good to see you posting here buddy.

I will try to get my top 5 on here at some point but seeing as my collection only consists of 9 items I dont really want to bore people with the same pieces again.

Keep up the great contributions folks! :p

Chris.

BlueDog

Sith Lord
Very cool Pali VC Jawa!!

Brilliant items Mark top shelf all the way.

Never tire of seeing you collection Chris, put em up mate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom