Top FIVE Vintage items that YOU own (TAKE PICTURES!) v2011

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
So here it is, the 2011 version of this very cool SWF thread. The original thread is here:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5590

The idea is to post your top five Vintage Star Wars items using pictures and if possible the story of how you came to own them or the special memories you have regarding these items.

Making a new version of this thread will give the new members the chance to contribute for the first time. Also it will give the older members a reason to revisit there original top fives and see if anything has changed, and if so, show us their new top fives! If nothing's changed, please paste the old top 5 here. :)

I will try to move the newer posts from the old thread to this one (edit: pfjeww, done).

Oto

Padawan
Ok I'm new here. So here is my Top 5:

1: C-3PO 12bk-A: This was my first buy in the MOC world, and goddamnit it was so vibrant and striking I was hooked. It was then 25yrs old and to me looked better than the cards I bought as a kid. I hadn't realised MOC's could look so nice I thought I'd have to hide my dirty secret in a box but even the wife could see they look good displayed.
2: Stormtrooper 12bk-A: My highest subgraded figure, came to me from America and I love it. Well worth the Customs risk something I very rarely do.
3: Darth Vader 12bk-B: Ok I admit it I'm a big ol' Vader fan and I like the way he displays in the bubble with the cape tightly wrapped.
4: Han Solo: 12bk-A: The man I wanted to be as a kid, and tbh wouldn't mind even today!
5: Blue Snaggletooth: My current focus is loose rares. I particularly like the loose figures that come with a back story like Snaggle here. I'm finding this focus a real challenge though, its a minefield out there.

The Pics as requested:
c3poe.jpg

stormtrooper.jpg

darthvaderq.jpg

hansolop.jpg

snagglew.jpg

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
My own personal top 5 that I own:

Death Squad Commander 12B back (UKG graded 85%)
Obi-Wan 20A back (AFA graded 80)
Leia Organa ESB 41C back (UKG 85%)
Obi-Wan ESB 48C back (UKG 75%)
and my only POTF card, Obi-Wan (AFA 80)

IMG00345-20110515-0057.jpg

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Can I just say mine are the same so I don't have to take more pictures!?

Actually, they probably are!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Quality Weasel! You lazy git. It must be difficult as your foreign cards are killer mate. :wink:

Mine have changed a hell of alot since last time I posted so mine are now as follows:

1. Empire Strikes Back - Heroes 3 Pack - Prototype Test Packaging
2. POTF Yak Face MOC
3. ESB Red Six Pack
4. ESB Yellow Six Pack
5. Star Wars Series 2 Android 3 Pack

Chris. 8)

5475694565_9b1e6d523b.jpg

Picture 005 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

5338212655_1a2057701a.jpg

Canadian Yak Face MOC by Caswell2009, on Flickr

5721114361_58f80bb039.jpg

ESB Red Six Pack by Caswell2009, on Flickr

5571576293_594f5aa687.jpg

Picture 010 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

5726576673_b8c653f129.jpg

027 by Caswell2009, on Flickr

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've said it before but i'll never get tired of saying it again Chris, they are fantastic! Are you getting that prototype graded or putting it in some sort of case?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks dude. :)

I will be getting it graded one day! Lol. There are two things holding me back. The thought of it crossing the Atlantic twice!! and the price of getting it graded. I was quoted $200+ when I contacted Tanisha at the AFA. I will also be sending the Yak to be graded at the same time. Shipping it there with insurance is also going to cost about £70! Then it will be the same on the way back. It is one expensive process. :roll:

PGowdy

Grand Master
You not fancying UKG then? Their new stickers look fantastic, their pricing is more honest and they're on your own neighbourhood so no shipping the thing thousands of miles.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks dude. Another difficult one for you Nurnsy.

Poke your head in that loft hatch mate and have a root around. There are some real gems up there I know that much!

Looking forward to the post. 8)

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
There are two items that are still in my top five from last time.

1. My original Tusken Raider. He symbolizes my childhood collection for me.

sw-tusken-raider-o-e.jpg

2. My cleaned up and rebuilt Millennium Falcon. For me, It symbolizes my entering the collecting world.

sw-millennium-falcon-rotj-bi-logo-chris-005.jpg

Both their stories are here:

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5590&start=15

The rest are new entries:

3. My factory sealed Palitoy Wampa. It is flawless and simply badass. 8)

sw-hoth-wampa-esb-palitoy-002.jpg

4. My MIB tri-logo Ewok Village. Sprawling picture, vibrant colour scheme, Ewoks, what's not to love? 8) :wink:

sw-ewok-village-rotj-tri-logo-009.jpg

5. My German Shrink Wrapped Landspeeder. This is the rarest item I have I think. For those who don't know about these. They weren't sealed with tape, but shrink wrapped in the factory and were only produced like this in Germany.

w-landspeeder-anh-kenner-german-shrink-wrapped-001.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Nice Emiel, you just posted ahead of me so I thought I would edit my post to acknowledge your awesome shrink wrapped speeder!! I am really glad you decided to keep that Tusken in the top 5 :D

As for me... I am going to cheat- so ahead of time I apologise lol (**** it everyone cheated on the first thread!)

I decided I will do TWO sets of top five, the first set are pieces that are important to me for more sentimental reasons and the second set (yet to photograph) will be
the pieces that are either my favourite or just cost me a **** load and I want to show them off again :mrgreen:

So here is my First TOP FIVE!!
sentim10.jpg

1. My childhood 8D8 figure (yep this really was my original 8D8)

2. Replacement Blue Snaggletooth that my wife bought me after hearing I sold my original one to buy a plane ticket to see her before we got married lol

3 & 4. Luke Jedi and Rebel Commando Trilogo MOCS - These two represent the friendship I have with Shawn K and Chris B- who of course focus on LJ and RC :D I keep them on display with my stuff that's on show as I couldn't make it to C5 to meet them but definitely will try to do so one day in the future!

5. My very first proof - I chose this as it was the first piece of pre production I ever got and more importantly for me it was direct from John Kellerman, I enjoyed speaking to John through email and the guy was a true gent, to own a piece of his collection still is very important to me.

I will decide and set up my other top five later this week perhaps :)

Joe

Grand Master
silver grin said:
Joe said:
2. Replacement Blue Snaggletooth that my wife bought me after hearing I sold my original one to buy a plane ticket to see her before we got married lol

Joe, you old romantic, you! :oops: :lol:

It pays to be that way Nick! She also bought me a $500 Cromalin for my Birthday last year :lol:

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Right Joe, two top fives... That's it, you're banned! :evil:

Nah, some great items there my friend. I'm looking forward to the 'budget be damned' top five. :)

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
Joe said:
silver grin said:
Joe said:

Joe, you old romantic, you! :oops: :lol:

It pays to be that way Nick! She also bought me a $500 Cromalin for my Birthday last year :lol:

You jammy bastard!!! When I proposed I bought her a £800 engagement ring (I was only £21!) and she bought me a 12" Boba Fett (gatefold series from the 1996 Kenner range) that I know cost her about £50! Oh well, she has bailed me out with the mortgage a couple of times this year so I'll call it even!

Think you've got a right proper SW lady there dude! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom