Side run's / foci you own, TAKE PICTURES!

Frunkstar

Grand Master
Following on from the great post the other day about your 5 favorite items, I thought it would be really nice to see some photos of side focuses / run's folks on here have, we all know it's hard to stay focused, as well lets face it there's so much cool stuff to get easily distracted with vintage wise. :lol:

Most of my stuff is in some way or another still baggie related in one way or another, but those baggies seem to lead me off on all sorts of tangents :?

So I'll start the ball rolling with a few side runs I have been putting together, only 1 of which is complete, but the fun is really in the chase init.

Pin head Han Solo baggie run, these are from what I know every baggie he has been found in, so at least I have completed something & boy it's a very tough run to do, took me 5 years to land my first

Baggie related shipping cases, this run out a bit out of hand quickly :? sure there are others out there, but this is what I have tracked down to date, not the easiest items to display well.

Landspeeder run, I have a long way to go on this run, would love to hear from anyone wanting to part with others like Meccano/harbert & Toltoys :p

Go on show us your side runs!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I have a small MISB Min Rig collection. I love these because I had most of them as a kid, and I think it's great that you can still pick up unopened Star Wars toys for £25-50, less than many open loose figures go for these days! I am on the lookout for more of the "trilogo" Mini Rigs as I like the small square boxes, I don't like the way many of the Kenner/Palitoy ones have that massive cardboard flap that makes them hard to display.

minirigs.JPG

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
I have a lot of non-toy related side-foci which I wouldn't want to bore you with here.

From a toy perspective I have my ROTJ debut Trilogo / Kenner Comparison Focus which can be found here: http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29132.

This basically is to show the difference between ROTJ characters that debuted on Trilogo cards over here with there equivalent American cousins.

I have added a few more since the picture below but haven't managed to update it yet.

3.jpg

My other toy-related focus, which is a slow-burner, is my Trilogo Bounty Hunter focus.

1.jpg

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Lovely side focus there especially that fett! I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but 4lom didn't come on a trilogo card unfortunately.

Joe

Grand Master
Gorgeous Fett Jedi_mister! It's no surprise that a bounty hunter side focus is a popular one and they look great on Trilogo cards.

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Joe said:
Gorgeous Fett Jedi_mister! It's no surprise that a bounty hunter side focus is a popular one and they look great on Trilogo cards.

Thanks Joe. I've had the Fett and Dengar for nearly 30 years now and added IG-88 last year from the Beeches sale because he just looks so cool. It was at that point that I realised I had a side focus!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
jedi_mister said:
Joe said:

Thanks Joe. I've had the Fett and Dengar for nearly 30 years now and added IG-88 last year from the Beeches sale because he just looks so cool. It was at that point that I realised I had a side focus!

Boba for 30 years :shock: is he from your childhood ? :D

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
Pomse2001 said:
jedi_mister said:
Joe said:

Not quite but I did find him in a toy shop when I was on holiday in Portugal in '88.

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
I already posted this is the LA a while ago but i finished my Bounty Hunter Jedi run. I also have a Leia Hoth focus that I need to post some pics of soon.

20160418_2002002_zpsdmuouppg.jpg

walkie

Sith Lord
Besides loose figure variants I also have a small collection on vintage star wars paperwork...

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7480-walkie-s-read-the-bloody-instructions-limelight-v2

:shock:

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
There's some great stuff on here, love the Kenner ROTJ v Trilogo comparison. I started a palitoy 12 back beater v trilogo run as a cradle to grave comparison until I realised it was way too expensive even with beaters!

spoons

Grand Master
Great idea for a thread and a lot of diversity. Here are my side runs - INT-4 and die cast TIEs. I've got an MLC-3 run on the go too but early days.

DSC00001_zpshvhm7ciy.jpg

Boxed and box

INT4rebatecromalin1.jpg

INT1stshot1_zpsc9c2f5ff.jpg

Cromalin and alt sculpt first shot

B59E492B-393D-41CC-A211-781350E06C14_zpswl9bmcma.jpg

die cast TIEs

Joe

Grand Master
Love that INT-4 side focus Andy! Gorgeous framing job on the cromalin!

spoons

Grand Master
Cheers Joe - I think I just need the ultra rare Krieg derv Sterne to finish the INt4 production run

Pomse2001

Grand Master
jedi_mister said:
Pomse2001 said:
jedi_mister said:

Not quite but I did find him in a toy shop when I was on holiday in Portugal in '88.

Nice, that is a cool story :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom