Top FIVE Vintage items that YOU own (TAKE PICTURES!) v2016

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
This is an amazing thread. Although there are some OUTSTANDING items seen here, from Ledy Vaders to Meccano Fetts and PDs, the outstanding 5 for me are Jedi_Mister's. Each one had such a cool story behind it. I got all sentimental when I read the DS and Jedi poster stories. I need to get a grip.

Thanks for sharing, everyone. Best thread in ages. And no, I'm not entering. Mine is all newly acquired and only having been back little more than a year ago I can't even lay claim to have been after anything for a long time. A proper humbling read.

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Frunkstar said:
Well I had to think long & hard about this as my fave items do change from time to time, though I am sure we all get that, so what I really love in my collection right now are these -

IMGP1230_zpszgntdvlh.jpg

My sole remaining childhood stormie, which was more than a bit modified by myself as a kid, think this will always be right at the top for me (the memories ah)

IMGP1229_zpsqu3qsrds.jpg

palitoy Fett mailer

IMGP1231_zpshi3jjrdr.jpg

QC sign off 4 pack with my focus figure in, really do love this pack

IMGP1233_zpsyycbtm66.jpg

Meccano 20 back PD

IMGP1234_zpserz2pesn.jpg

complete S.O X Wing with both baggies

Beautiful !

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
kvavik said:
Hi, Everybody!

I've been looking at "Top FIVE vintage items" treads from 2009-2013, but can't seem to find any never ones, so I thought it might be a fun idea to start it up again.

My collection is super small, about 12 items, but always hard to make choices. Here we go:

Top5.jpg

1: 12 back Meccano Yan
2: 20 back Meccano Luc
3: 37/41 back Poch Yoda
4: 18 back Meccano Boba Fett
5: 65 back PBP Luke Hoth

Amazing !

Tracking these items down have been very fun, but also stressful as hell. I think many can relate.

Looking forward to see your posts! and hopefully lots of Palitoy goodness. ;-)

Amazing

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't own anything super rare, but if I had to choose 5 favourite things it would be these:

top5.jpg

Loose R2-D2 pop-up
He isn't much to look at and doesn't have his sabre, but this is one of my few remaining childhood figures that I only found fairly recently. I chose this one in particular as it's a pretty sought-after loose figure, so it's cool to still have my original one.

Kenner 21 Back Luke X-Wing
I have owned this MOC for over 20 years. It was my "grail" piece in the 90s, Luke X-Wing was my favourite figure as a kid and it blew me away when I saw this for sale in a shop in Poole in about 1995. It cost £100, and I was about 13 at the time so had to put a £50 deposit on it and pay the rest off weekly. It was the best piece in my collection until the internet came along.

I almost lost it in 2007 when among many other MOCs it was stolen in a burglary, but luckily when the thief was finally caught 5 years later thanks to our own Joe_O, this is one of the few they had not sold (probably because the big crease makes it easily identifiable) so I was eventually reunited with it. This is one MOC I would never sell.

Trilogo Luke Bespin
I got this from Vectis a couple of years ago. No cool story behind it, and it wasn't a great bargain, it's simply one of my favourite figure and cardback combos. One of the best looking MOCs IMO.

MISB Bi-Logo AT-ST
This has surely got to be one of the coolest toys in the whole line. It is fairly screen accurate and has great play value. I also love the box artwork and photography. Having this on my shelf takes me straight back to the 80s!

Trilogo Leia
This is a cool MOC in most people's book, but it's extra special to me as it was an "in the wild" find and took many weeks to arrive from the US, so it was a relief when I finally got my hands on it! Big thanks again to Joe for the introduction, and to Iain for shipping it to me.

Mark_Yeo

Padawan
I have quite a few favourites but i think that here are my top 5 (i cheated and put in runs as well ... :D ):-

1. Sears 7 Pack

7Pack_Sears_KenCan_AFA80_75_85_85-0.jpg

2. Orange Hair Luke run

LukeSkywalker_OrangeHair_trilogy-1.jpg
keSkywalker_ESB41e_OrangeHair_C_P_AFA75_75_85_85-1.jpg
LukeSkywalker_OH_ESB41e_C_P_noPOP-1.jpg
keSkywalker_ESB41e_OrangeHair_Y_P_AFA75_75_80_85-1.jpg

3. Takara Wind Up R2s in baggies (36) in Takara Store Display Box

aWind-UpR2-D2%20StoreDisplayMIB%20-%20Box%20-%2023.jpg
aWind-UpR2-D2%20StoreDisplayMIB%20-%20Box%20-%2032.jpg

4. Sears Line Art Multipack run

ESB_4Pack_HeroSet_LineArt_AFA85_85_85-85%20-%200a.jpg
4Pack_StarDestroyerSet_ESBLineArt_AFA80_80_85_85-1.jpg
SW-ESB-CatalogMailer-15PieceCollectorSet-1.jpg

5. Uzay Blue Stars carded

BlueStars_UzayROTJ_C_UNP_crack-1.jpg

jedi_mister

Jedi Knight
ScruffyLookingNH said:
This is an amazing thread. Although there are some OUTSTANDING items seen here, from Ledy Vaders to Meccano Fetts and PDs, the outstanding 5 for me are Jedi_Mister's. Each one had such a cool story behind it. I got all sentimental when I read the DS and Jedi poster stories. I need to get a grip.

Thanks for sharing, everyone. Best thread in ages. And no, I'm not entering. Mine is all newly acquired and only having been back little more than a year ago I can't even lay claim to have been after anything for a long time. A proper humbling read.

It's still worth putting up your favourite 5 ScruffyLookingNH. There must have been a reason you bought them so it's worth sharing. Collecting isn't about grail pieces in my book.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Agreed, something doesn't have to be rare or expensive to appreciate it, as the LA thread always shows. I also love threads like this because they show really rare stuff, will hopefully make people think twice about throwing stupid money at common stuff like Yak Faces and pop-up sabres.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
More great stuff, and the stories behind certain pieces (Edd's X-Wing figure that got nicked and then reunited) are what make them.

Mark, i'd love to own a Sears 7 pack one day I wish they'd made a few more of them, and in truth id be very happy with just the outer sleeve. Why do you have 3 orange haired Luke's though? To my eyes they look identical but I'm guessing there have to be differences?

jared007

Padawan
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Why do you have 3 orange haired Luke's though? To my eyes they look identical but I'm guessing there have to be differences?

Yes, what cardbacks are these on?

Mark_Yeo

Padawan
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
... Why do you have 3 orange haired Luke's though? To my eyes they look identical but I'm guessing there have to be differences?

No real variations but there are some differences. Originally get the yellow bubble one, upgraded to the one with clear bubble but with price sticker and finally scored a beautiful clear bubble (with the figure looking straight) but just missing the POP - which was cleanly removed (just the top layer). These just came in that order and as they were available, I just took them up. Here is the combined shot of the front of these 3 and the back shot for comparison.

The orange haired Luke only came on ESB 41e backs.

ukeSkywalker_OrangeHair_ESB41e_Combination%20-%201.jpg

ukeSkywalker_OrangeHair_ESB41e_Combination%20-%202.jpg

kvavik

Jedi Knight
Thanks for sharing stories and toys, guys!
Mark: It's always a thrill to see what you post on these. The three orange heads looks so cool next to eachother, though I'm sure every one who hunts for one are very upset. :D I've been on the lookout for an uzay for a while, but really though to score at a "decent" price. Your Bluestars is a beauty!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Fantastic update again. Edd I love your items, my favorites is the 2 tri-logo moc :wink:

Mark I love it all, my favorites are the takara R2-D2s with display and the orange farmer luke's moc :wink:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Some amazing items on here guys what a great thread, those Luke farmboys are mind blowing.

Here's my top 5.

1) Childhood AT-AT which my son now plays with, electrics still work but only one chewed chin gun. :D

2) 77 a ROTJ childhood Han Hoth cardback, was given this for my 3rd birthday I think or Christmas 83'.

3) Childhood Darth Vader, enough said.

4) Luke Poncho, brought him of a friend who sadly died not long after in the late 80's. Was always missing blaster and belt until about 2007 finally completed him and got him graded, he's kind of a memorial.

5) 12 Back b Darth Vader with Takara sticker, was given as a 30th birthday present by the wife.

image_zpse4benm57.jpg

I thought about this a lot, I only really collect MOC now but nothing can really match what you had as a kid. :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom