Top FIVE Vintage items that YOU own (TAKE PICTURES!) v2011

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Note sure if these are my best items or just some of my favourites:-

Vinyl cape jawa resealed on palitoy 12 back. Was a real mess when I got it, looking a little less messy now. The next best thing until AFA grade one!

P1000230.jpg

Palitoy Diamond Jubilee catalogue. The one featuring the Star Wars cover. Seens this many times as being availble on CD, nice to have one now.

P1110439.jpg

I have many nice AFA 90 Palitoy MOC and some nice Palitoy 12/20 backs. However, I was very pleased to pick up this 30 back as part of my 2-1b focus.

21b_palitoy_30b.jpg

Not quite as rare as the tri logo MTV-7, but pretty nice none the less. I don't collect Kenner, so needed this one to complete my set of mini rigs. Took ages to get one!

tri_logo_isp6.jpg

One of only 3 known window stickers, I picked this up at Celebration Europe. Beware of imitations!

100_3588.jpg

Jason

Chewie

Jedi Master
All these Palitoys are outstanding!!!! 8) I'm very jealous!

I think i'm going to wait until somebody sells me a Palitoy Vader before i put my top 5 on :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
geordie said:
Imperial nut said:
everything is amazing,,, but spoons that german stormie,, good god :shock: that is sweet

yep, not sure why it only got an 80 though?
some great stuff lads

cheers fellas - I've no idea why it got an 80. The bubble is 90, the figure is 85 and the card is 80. But I can't see anything wrong with the card at all :?

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
jseus the cash and dedication some of you lot put in to this is unbelievable. So sorry but i have to pull it down to a poor mans level lol.hopefully the stories or reasons may make up for it.cant do pics but its only loose stuff.though this is hard as i am going on me fav figs as a kid which changed every week like now as some people have said ,ask me tomorrow and this would be different

ok number one and gotto put a few figs in this luke farm boy, darth, leai, han,ben ,chewie ,c3p0 and r2 because to me these are the figs that started it all

number 2 hmmmm got to be .................luke errrrrrrrrr hoth or x wing as loved these figs as a kid
3rd place is yoda because i cryed and paddied for ever to get me mam to buy me this as a kid and she never broke,only time i remember seeing him as a kid in a shop...........apart fom kids next door who i am sure only bought figs i wanted to piss me off ...****

4th has got to beeeeeeeeee me boba .not just because he,s a cool fig but got him from my secret santa in super mint condition
and finally an this is hard from a loose collectors point of view as your simply collecting memories not rare items
****ing hell ..........................its gonna have to be ....................all of em because i believe there will never be a toy range that has the effect this lot has ever again .

DarthSwales

Padawan
This is a great idea! Unfortunately I don't have anything rare yet, what with being a new collector, but when I acquire some hard-to-find things then I'll post here!

As for now... *JEALOUSY*

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
DarthSwales said:
This is a great idea! Unfortunately I don't have anything rare yet, what with being a new collector, but when I acquire some hard-to-find things then I'll post here!

As for now... *JEALOUSY*

DS, favourite doesn't have to mean rare. :) Just look at my childhood Tusken.

Joe

Grand Master
My Current "top five that don't have any real sentimental meaning for me but are just cool" :D

top5.jpg

(Sorry for the flash was hard to take a picture of them all)

1. ROTJ 8D8 Cromalin (laying flat) - The grandfather of all Kenner 8D8's!
2. Emperors Royal Guard Trilogo - Kick ass figure and can be hard to find on a Trilogo
3. IG-88 Trilogo - I just love the alternate image
4. 8D8 "70C" Variant - Wasn't known to exist till I found this
5. Jabbas Dungeon (first version) Cromalin - a monster of a piece and very significant to the toys history, I hope to some day do it justice and get it framed.

plantman

Sith Lord
Lee Gregory said:
Just for you Weas!!

Some of my top 5 haven't changed but there are a few new additions,albeit still Palitoy

In no particular order

Still in there is my 12 bk 3PO,as I've said before the 1st Palitoy MOC I ever bought and it got me hooked. A beauty!!

DSC00489.jpg

Also still there is my 41 bk Han Solo,just the coolest cardback IMO

DSC00453.jpg

A few new additions

A 45a Luke Hoth,debut card for this figure and i love any Hoth related cardback

DSC01288.jpg

Next is a 30bk Han Bespin,quite lucky to get this one as a guy on ebay was selling a few pieces and I enquired if he had any Palitoy MOC's,and he showed me a pic of this. He got it from MEM about 5-6 years ago,God knows there is nothing like that there the last few years I've been going

DSC00985.jpg

Finally a 41 bk Hoth Trooper,not the rarest Palitoy card but one of my fave cardbacks and it's in great condition. Our very own Andy Plant may recognise this one.

DSC01298.jpg

Cheers
look forward to seeing some other top 5's,there are some great colletions ou there,don't be shy folks!!

Lol yeah i do recognise that :) its done a round robin that trooper, glad he's got a good home though.

Andy

poncho

Grand Master
Capetown said:
5. My German Shrink Wrapped Landspeeder. This is the rarest item I have I think. For those who don't know about these. They weren't sealed with tape, but shrink wrapped in the factory and were only produced like this in Germany.

_landspeeder_anh_kenner_german_shrink_wrapped001-1.jpg

:eek: wow thats an amazing piece buddy 8)

sith-smith

Grand Master
Some great stuff on here. 8)

will have to post some pics when I get round to taking things out of boxes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom