Top FIVE Vintage items that YOU own (TAKE PICTURES!) v2011

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
These are great top fives guys. The story behind the items make them so. Some super items that clearly hold a very special meaning to both of you. Thanks for sharing! 8

P.S. Joe, Nick is right. That was a pretty smooth move mate. 8)

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Great to see this thread resurrected and the chance to do another top 5. :) Love the items that have been shown so far.

Here's mine:

1. POTF Coin Set. This was the work of roughly 5 years, a few payment plans, and many of you followed along with me as I went on the coin trail. :) I was really glad to finish the set the end of last year as I had originally planned. Collecting these coins certainly help you learn to have patience.

coinset.jpg

2. EB Mailer. Recently picked this up in answering a local classified ad. The person I bought it from was the original owner and it was great to hear his memories of when Star Wars first came out. He made me promise I'd take good care of it and I hope to get the set in Acrylic later this year.

fullset.jpg

3. Luke Jedi Proof. I always thought a Revenge proof would be my first, but this one turned up and I couldn't pass it for the focus. Big thanks to Joe for alerting me when it showed up.

lukeprooffront.jpg

4. Force LIghtsaber Cromalin. Bought this direct from Tom N and I'm really glad to own a piece of preproduction of one of my favorite toys as shown in previous top 5.

forcecromalin.jpg

5. YJK Mailer (again). Finally upgraded to one with the mailer box and it also happened to have been once owned by the late Boba Fisher. Not only was he one of the original collectors who started out long before any of us, but he also made one of the first POTF Coin Frames.

yjkcase_0.jpg

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Some great items, and stories there guys, can't argue with anything making this list on sentimental grounds alone!
Joe, you big softy!
Emiel, Not so sure about your fourth choice. It looks like it should be in a fire place, ideally when the fire is lit!

Capetown

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks Weaz! :lol:

Shawn, very impressive top 5. I would look at those items (especially the EB-set!) all day. 8)

Joe

Grand Master
Awesome top five Shawn, you have an amazing collection! How you got the EB set is a great story!

spoons

Grand Master
Here's my current top 5, they've changed a bit from the previous thread and there's no interesting story behind them. I just think they look good.

To be fair if I did this again tomorrow there would be a different 5

German Stormie

Stormtrooper45GMGermanfront.jpg

Han Hoth miscard

HanHothtri-logomiscardfront.jpg

Int-4 cromalin

INT4rebatecromalin1.jpg

the ever constant 41 back Han Hoth

Hanhothpalitoy41bkfront.jpg

and a Palitoy die cast TIE

diecastTIEPalitoyfront.jpg

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
silver grin said:
Nice Spoons. Nice 8)

ditto for Shawn too

Here here!!!

Loving the full coin collection Shawn I know how much effort went into that.

Cool MOC's Spoons lad,that Stormy looks well minty!!!!

I'll have to get mine on soon but no prizes for guessing what the top 5 will contain.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Just for you Weas!!

Some of my top 5 haven't changed but there are a few new additions,albeit still Palitoy

In no particular order

Still in there is my 12 bk 3PO,as I've said before the 1st Palitoy MOC I ever bought and it got me hooked. A beauty!!

DSC00489.jpg

Also still there is my 41 bk Han Solo,just the coolest cardback IMO

DSC00453.jpg

A few new additions

A 45a Luke Hoth,debut card for this figure and i love any Hoth related cardback

DSC01288.jpg

Next is a 30bk Han Bespin,quite lucky to get this one as a guy on ebay was selling a few pieces and I enquired if he had any Palitoy MOC's,and he showed me a pic of this. He got it from MEM about 5-6 years ago,God knows there is nothing like that there the last few years I've been going

DSC00985.jpg

Finally a 41 bk Hoth Trooper,not the rarest Palitoy card but one of my fave cardbacks and it's in great condition. Our very own Andy Plant may recognise this one.

DSC01298.jpg

Cheers
look forward to seeing some other top 5's,there are some great colletions ou there,don't be shy folks!!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ahhhh Palitoys! See, I would never have guessed that! :wink: :lol:

Some superb cards there! 8)

shawn_k

Sith Lord
Let's see some more top 5's. :)

Lee, those Palitoys are amazing. It's great to see that 3PO which started it all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom