Aliens / UFO Thread

subzero

Sith Lord
What's that?, a Star Wars/sci-fi forum with no UFO thread?.. i'm shocked :?

We all love Star Wars, sci-fi and sci-fi aliens, but what about the possibilities of science fact and real aliens?, this subject is always something iv'e had a deep interest in since I was little, wondering what's out there and also what might visit this planet. Iv'e decided to take up a new hobby of UFO hunting and have this week ordered a camcorder that's been converted to see in infrared and ultraviolet, some of the UFO's captured in this way in some vids iv'e seen ( even from police thermal cameras ) are amazing. UFO hunters have started realising in recent years that most UFO's are cloaked and can only be seen outside of normal visible light, so they're being picked up quite often now with cameras like this...

https://infraready.co.uk/shop/panasonic-s26-full-spectrum-digital-camcorder-illuminator/

I'm looking forward to starting so decided to start off this thread, and if ( or when ) I record anything i'll upload the clips here.

Iv'e seen a good handful of UFO's over the years at night, two of them were amazing ones that I really wish i'd filmed. So what are your views on UFO's and the possibility of aliens in the universe?, are you a believer?, share your theories and UFO stories here.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Lots of other intelligent species out there. We dont see them yet as the speed of light is a hard limit that makes getting anywhere difficult and they may not be that long lived in the grand scheme of billions of years. Radio/TV signals is our best bet. UFOs are just another thing that goes in the same bag as ghosts, bigfoot, nessie etc. There are so many good camera phones in existence these days, the reason we dont have credible footage of any of these is that they are in peoples imaginations rather than reality.

:)

Jason

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree with Jason, it's a mathematical certainty that other intelligent life is out there in the universe. The problem for me though is whether there is intelligent life that is within contactable distant and it's hugely unlikely that there is IMO. Humans have been around for about 10,000 years and the universe is about 13 billion years old. Even if there has been millions of intelligent species evolve in that time the chances of just one trying to contact us in the last 10,000 years is slim, let aloan the last 50 to 100 years since we have started using radio waves!

Thing that interests me is finding other habitable planets which we could live on in the distant future, which will give humans the best chance of being around for millions of years and perhaps contacting other intelligent life one day. Alpha Cetauri A is the closest star to us at 4 light years away and we have found a planet orbiting that star in the habitable zone, that in itself I find exciting and technologies are already being developed to send probes at 20% the speed of light to this system. :shock:

I'm not saying don't have fun looking no one really knows the truth! I'm just getting more of a skeptic on all this sort of stuff as I get older. Randomly throw a bag of tennis balls in the air and they will all hit the floor at slightly different times. :)

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
I'd like to believe in little green men flying spaceships around our planet but sadly if they were going to come and visit with the regularity that the 'sightings' would have you believe, then why not make contact? If they are advanced enough to fly half way across rhe galaxy they are more advanced than us, and therefore it's us who should fear them not the other way around. Makes no sense.

Now microscopic bacteria on Mars? That's possible.

Suppose it depends on your definition of aliens.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Dannywhiteley said:
Now microscopic bacteria on Mars? That's possible.

Absolutely, and it's the one thing H.G. Wells almost got right with 'The War of the Worlds', where Earthly pathogens ultimately killed all the invading Martians, although quite frankly, it's just as likely that Martian pathogens would have killed all the humans!

Any physical visit to or from any other life-bearing planet / moon / spaceship, in whatever form that might take, poses an astonishing risk of complete and utter annihilation at the hands of bacteria and diseases against which we (and they) have no defence whatsoever. It will be the Europeans visiting South America times ten thousand.

It's all rather moot however since, as has already been pointed out, faster than light travel is, to the very best of our current understanding, completely impossible, and so travelling anywhere outside of our own solar system within a human lifetime is a pipe dream of the highest order. As theforceuk quite rightly states, really lightweight laser / photon thrust space probes travelling to Alpha Centauri at 20% the speed of light may eventually be possible (and it really will be exciting and amazing if it happens!), but that's still a 20 year one-way journey, and if we want the probe to actually see what's there when it arrives, it's presumably going to have to spend several additional years decelerating or go bulleting through the AC solar system and see bugger all. And scaling up such a craft to carry humans would be monstrously difficult and expensive, and the astronauts sent on such a trip would likely die in a thousand different unforeseen ways before old age caught up with them.

However, I am quite happy to concede that UFO's exist, since by definition any flying object that you cannot identify is a UFO (although once you know what it is, it becomes an IFO ;-)). That certainly is not the same thing as saying that they are extra-terrestrial in origin, however. Weather balloons, clouds, aircraft, satellites and birds have an awful lot to answer for with the gullible ;-)

subzero

Sith Lord
My stance on 'faster than light' travel and instantaneous travel is that it's very possible, not just possible but actually very easy to do once you have the knowledge and tech. There was a time not long ago when all the best physicists in the world and everybody else believed it was impossible for a man-made machine to fly like a bird, but when it was finally achieved and we understood the science behind it we soon realised how beautifully simple it actually is to achieve, and now look at what we have today. The point there is people today believe travelling faster than light or instantaneously is impossible, at any time through all of history people's beliefs of what's possible are limited by the worlds current understanding of science.

But when you think about how old and advanced other civilisations might be then imagine the tech they could have, to an advanced race out there hopping into a craft and jumping to another star within seconds or minutes might be as casual as me or you driving off in an electric car, where if humans would have witnessed that happening only 500 years ago their minds would have been blowwwn!, then imagine the advances 1, 2 or even 5 million years from now if we survive that long.

I'm not trying to convince anybody with this but this is just my stance on it all, and as for why they come here ( if they even do ) I wouldn't have a clue why, this place is a **** hole. :lol:

yoda

Sith Lord
It's an interesting thread i believe UFOs are what they are to the public. The mind can sometimes make things seem different to what they really are. I do believe some of the sightings are naturally formed and others are real sightings of objects. I would love to find out it is something from space but I believe they could be Military possibly drone's? I've read a few books on the N.Seals and part of their training is breaking into someones property steal a car and return it undetected. It's a simple training exercise but does carry risk. It does make you wonder what else is happening under our noses unsuspectingly. If they do get detected the blame is simply put out as some drunken bum or crackhead on the news. If UFO spottings is really some kind of new hardware getting tested I doubt it would be getting broadcasted to the public. My mate went back to college and in some of the classes they studied some of the electrical equipment that the Military are using in Afghanistan. He told me it really would open your eyes. Now if that's what they allow the public to see what do they keep under wraps?
And it's true if there is contact from somewhere outside earth it's a double sided coin. It could be for the best or worst just uncertainty. In all honesty I think if there was some sort of other lifeforms watching us I don't think they'd be in any rush to make friends. After they observe how humans treat each other and destroying the very place we live could you blame them for staying invisible :D
I remember you saying you were going to watch Interstellar over Halloween. I thought it was a very interesting movie. In theory parts off that movie about time travel are not that overly far of the mark. How the further from the earth's core you travel gravity increases. This then results in time slowing the further you travel from earth. Of course it can't be reversed and you would need to be travelling at the speed of light for a few years to see real change once you would return. I have no doubt they are working on this technology and trying to master it that's if they don't already have it in some form. Is this the reason that's got you thinking about UFOs. I do like yourself find this very interesting and wonder what's out there that we are unaware off :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
subzero said:
I'm not trying to convince anybody with this but this is just my stance on it all, and as for why they come here ( if they even do ) I wouldn't have a clue why, this place is a **** hole. :lol:

Earth is not a **** hole by any stretch of the imagination, we may make it into one! I'll bet pretty much anything, that humans will never find another planet like Earth, we haven't got close to imagining anything better, let aloan finding something.

If that is truly what you believe then try opening your eyes wide open every now and then.

spoons

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
Lots of other intelligent species out there. We dont see them yet as the speed of light is a hard limit that makes getting anywhere difficult and they may not be that long lived in the grand scheme of billions of years. Radio/TV signals is our best bet. UFOs are just another thing that goes in the same bag as ghosts, bigfoot, nessie etc. There are so many good camera phones in existence these days, the reason we dont have credible footage of any of these is that they are in peoples imaginations rather than reality.

:)

Jason

My thoughts exactly, in a world where every major event is filmed by hundreds of camera phones, cctv cameras on every corner and in many houses, and cameras in all commercial transport there should be credible evidence of ghosts and ufos by now.

Fact there isn't is proof enough for me that they don't exist

Even the latest xfiles series said it was all a hoax ;-)

subzero

Sith Lord
Haha when I say earth is a **** hole it's more of a joke than anything else, obviously the planet is beautiful, but the parts that we've got hold of and destroyed and taken over is actually what I had in mind.

Ah don't get me wrong though I do believe that 98%, maybe even as high as 99.99% of what's been spotted in the sky has a very valid and simple explanation. Then yes there's also the strong possibility that shady government organisations are flying around in some of these UFO's that have been spotted over the years, which would be mistaken as alien by 99% of people. But I do also believe that aliens visit this planet as there is so much indirect evidence going back hundreds of years that seems to point towards it being true, and the amount of video evidence so far I believe is extraordinary and proof enough to me, sure youtube is full of a lot of shite and stuff that could be easily explained, but there are many valid ones IMO. And with tons of credible testimonials from ex military personal, some from very high up positions talking about what they've seen and what the military have worked on and what they know about other races visiting here kind of seals it for me.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
subzero said:
Haha when I say earth is a **** hole it's more of a joke than anything else, obviously the planet is beautiful, but the parts that we've got hold of and destroyed and taken over is actually what I had in mind.

Ah don't get me wrong though I do believe that 98%, maybe even as high as 99.99% of what's been spotted in the sky has a very valid and simple explanation. Then yes there's also the strong possibility that shady government organisations are flying around in some of these UFO's that have been spotted over the years, which would be mistaken as alien by 99% of people. But I do also believe that aliens visit this planet as there is so much indirect evidence going back hundreds of years that seems to point towards it being true, and the amount of video evidence so far I believe is extraordinary and proof enough to me, sure youtube is full of a lot of shite and stuff that could be easily explained, but there are many valid ones IMO. And with tons of credible testimonials from ex military personal, some from very high up positions talking about what they've seen and what the military have worked on and what they know about other races visiting here kind of seals it for me.

You should watch the full episode of this if you haven't already, so funny. It's a lot of fun just watching and reading about Aliens. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tpUtUQ5YC-Q

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
subzero said:
My stance on 'faster than light' travel and instantaneous travel is that it's very possible, not just possible but actually very easy to do once you have the knowledge and tech. There was a time not long ago when all the best physicists in the world and everybody else believed it was impossible for a man-made machine to fly like a bird, but when it was finally achieved and we understood the science behind it we soon realised how beautifully simple it actually is to achieve, and now look at what we have today. The point there is people today believe travelling faster than light or instantaneously is impossible, at any time through all of history people's beliefs of what's possible are limited by the worlds current understanding of science.
With all due respect, whilst I certainly agree that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, flight like a bird was very obviously possible because birds do it all the time. The very clear evidence that flight was possible was readily available for all to see, so extrapolating that into a man-made machine also being capable of doing it is not a tremendous leap. Yes it took humans a very long time to work out how to do it, but the evidence that it was possible had always been there. However we see no such evidence at all that the speed of light can be exceeded.

Again, with the greatest respect as I have no wish to get into an argument and I absolutely acknowledge your right to believe whatever you wish (and from your posts on this Forum, I do in fact like you :)), but just because some things that used to be viewed as impossible are now in fact actually quite possible, does not mean that everything currently viewed as being impossible must therefore one day be possible. To believe that is to believe a false syllogism.

Personally, I believe in things for which there is ideally proof, or at the very least good evidence. Technically, the intelligent should remain agnostic about things for which the jury is out, but at some point logic and common sense must kick in and inform one's opinion as to the likelihood of something being true. I cannot prove that unicorns don't exist, but that does not mean that they must therefore exist.

I see no evidence at all that Einstein was incorrect with his General Theory of Relativity which states that nothing can travel faster than light, quite the contrary; every single piece of evidence, investigation and scientific observation of the universe supports his truly astonishing work, right up to the present day with the latest amazing confirmation that gravitational waves, which Einstein predicted back in 1916 as part of his General Theory of Relativity, are in fact real! E really does equal mc squared!

Lastly, as with people who believe in time-travelling visitors to Earth, I have to ask the question of those who believe in extra-terrestrial visitors to Earth the very simple question: where are they? As with ghosts, paranormal activity and other physics-defying claims, where is the evidence? I am very happy to be proved wrong about all these things that I don't believe in if someone can show me good, credible evidence (and the emphasis is on the words 'good' and 'credible') that they exist. A blurred photo of dubious origin of something unclear in the sky is not that. And neither are the highly credible accounts of airplane pilots witnessing flying objects they cannot identify; the accounts are credible and the pilots doubtless saw something they could not identify, but there is no evidence in their accounts at all that those objects are alien in origin. That's a connective leap unjustified and unsupported by the facts. And it is always dangerous to make such leaps without the facts to back them up, as otherwise we tread dangerously close to the territory of religion, were believers don't require evidence to support their beliefs, because they substitute 'faith' in its place. David Icke, apparently, truly believes that the Queen of England is a giant lizard and that he is 'an aspect of the archangel Gabriel'. He has a perfect right to believe that. I however would prefer to see some evidence to support that claim before believing him ;-)

yoda

Sith Lord
Yes I understand your point about people claiming Aliens where here hundreds of years ago. I like yourself do find it all very interesting. But the more I have read and looked into it i find it harder to believe. When I first read about the Dogon people I had convinced myself they had great knowledge of the stars. But then when I dig a little deeper I'm not so sure now how much they really do know. It's more like a hoax once more research has been done.
I also remember watching a program about ancient Aliens on TV. It was about large stones cut perfectly and built together near Cusco. Now that program would have had you convinced some sort of advanced technology cut these hundreds of years ago. The guy doing the show was claiming Aliens cut these stone with a laser beam or some sort of advanced blade. But the truth is they were cut by hand tools and hard labour. I have seen them with my own eyes you can clearly see the tool marks. This wasn't shown on the program yes it was good watching but it's not being entirely accurate with the footage. It's the same with the Nazca lines they really aren't that hard to do once you have an understanding of navigation. The crop circles had everyone puzzled until the guys showed on TV how it was done with a board and a bit of rope.
Still everyone has there own views and beliefs and i find it very interesting reading them. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see or read something that would completely convince me Aliens have been or are here at the moment. It really would be amazing but there is still no proof 100%. I have to say I am enjoying your thread :D

subzero

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
Again, with the greatest respect as I have no wish to get into an argument and I absolutely acknowledge your right to believe whatever you wish (and from your posts on this Forum, I do in fact like you :))

Why thanks :D

I do see where you're coming from like all others on here, I actually do believe in the possibility that all other people's opinions on here could also be correct, i'm a very right brained artistic person who fantasises and believes the most strange and bizarre could be possible so I do lean more that way in thinking, but I do also believe I could be very wrong and that the complete logical opposite might be true. But don't worry there's no argument here this is partly why I started the thread for people to discuss the topic, opposing opinions are what I believe makes this topic fun, I actually like to hear all sides.

With faster than light travel sure nothing can physically go faster than light, but I do think other races could have figured out a way to manipulate space itself to cheat their way around it, I think once a full understanding of the origin and fabric of the universe has been achieved then it can easily be 'tapped into', and even draw unlimited energy from the vacuum itself.

theforceuk - Yes iv'e seen that before, the cringe is very real in that one. :lol:

yoda - I see what you mean with ancient artefacts, a lot of them are very convincing, and some ancient symbols may really look like craft, ships or other modern tech, but at the same time they kind of don't. What I do absolutely believe though is aliens played some part in our history, there's an ancient statue of a lion looking thing ( can't remember the country ) with it's paw on a sphere ( 'guarding the knowledge' ) with the flower of life symbol all over it, which is basically the symbol for the fractal nature of the universe, and that symbol is found etched into stuff in countries all over the world in civilisations from thousands of years ago that apparently had no contact or knowledge of each other, the symbol has even been found burnt perfectly into an ancient stone, not burned on top of, but burnt 1 inch into it like a laser. And as for the pyramids, don't even get me started on those :lol: :lol: they're absolutely riddled with anomalies, but that's a whole other discussion on it's own.

Enjoy the thread people! 8)

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Einstein also predicted worm holes which I've always thought ridiculous. Then again even if they did exist would any physical matter be able to pass through them and if so would you be able to choose where you whent?

It is a good thread/discussion which this forum should have. I watched something once and this guy whent around with tin foil on his head all day to stop the Aliens getting into his head! :lol:

subzero

Sith Lord
theforceuk said:
I watched something once and this guy whent around with tin foil on his head all day to stop the Aliens getting into his head! :lol:

Not a bad idea think I might do this when I go out UFO hunting. :lol:

yoda

Sith Lord
subzero said:
theforceuk said:
I watched something once and this guy whent around with tin foil on his head all day to stop the Aliens getting into his head! :lol:

Not a bad idea think I might do this when I go out UFO hunting. :lol:

:lol: At least we can have a harmless light-hearted laugh on this thread even if we can't discover if Aliens exist or not :lol:
I found a few more videos, i haven't watched them yet but i will later.
https://listverse.com/2016/03/24/10-crazy-conspiracy-theories-about-extraterrestrial-beings/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom