Premier League 23/24 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ehhh…yeah…..Ehhhhh. Lol

I know FA about him other than he did a decent job at Feyenoord. Which has to be caveated as being a league slightly lower in quality than the PL. Given how Utd and Arsenal fared replacing iconic managers I'd say the odds on him still being in the job in Jan 2026 are slim. Especially when you consider the track record of managers coming from the Eridevise. But, there aren't a huge number of high quality managers out there.

I hope/suspect Pool have employed someone who will play a broadly similar brand of football and who will work in their system and who's not about to demand 17 players to change the style. Whether than works or not, we'll see.

Salah and Nunez start today and WH win, comfortably

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
The only manager other than Klopp or Pep to win a major domestic trophy in the last 3 seasons is from the Dutch league.

That can only change if Arsenal win the league.

If he gets time to build something then he may do a decent job, but he won't be given the season Klopp had last year so you're probably right.

Expectations should be tempered when you have the monster that is City and Klopp had the same last season that ETH had in his first season.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Don't mention time, just ridiculous. Can't believe it's the Euros again, I know the last Euros were only 3 years ago, but still. COVID has seemed to distort the last 4 years.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
The only manager other than Klopp or Pep to win a major domestic trophy in the last 3 seasons is from the Dutch league.

That can only change if Arsenal win the league.

If he gets time to build something then he may do a decent job, but he won't be given the season Klopp had last year so you're probably right.

Expectations should be tempered when you have the monster that is City and Klopp had the same last season that ETH had in his first season.
Oh I know, it wasnt a dig at ETH, he has been one of the better ones. It's more a case of going from a league with 3 or 4 decent sides to one where most of the teams give you a decent game every week. Slot had his work cut out for him trying to get Nunez to score goals though.

And yes, City are a joke and will continue to be until Pep goes and hopefully they reappoint Mark Hughes or someone equally daft.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I know you weren't I'm just on the defensive with Ten Hag at the moment, I just think it's a joke the way the media have treated him. Part and parcel of coaching a mid table club I suppose. 😂

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
@weasel WHU are probably the perfect team for you to play right now and for your strikers to refind their form. Injuries, season arguably over (looks like the players don't really believe they can make the European places, despite the fact it is doable!), can't defend for toffee, Moyes probably off. We're terrible at the moment. So disappointing- our lack of squad depth has totally caught up with us. Can see Liverpool scoring a hat-full!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Nunez and Salah benched, so there is a chance that Pool might score.

As for ETH, he has had a hard time, partly cos he is Man Utd manager and as the most popular club in the country they get more media attention. Also, partly cos Utd have been pish this season. But I agree, the likes of Poch should probably be getting more flack for how bad Chelsea are. Or Eddie Howe at Newcastle, though they have had abysmal luck with injuries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom