Premier League 22/23 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Agreed on ETH Doing well so far. I reserve judgement on Anthony. I always try and give players 18months plus before I judge them, especially those that sign from non PL clubs. So far Anthony has flattered to deceive but he may come good. Ditto Sancho, his apparent mental health problems cut him a little slack, but 2 underwhelming years so far.

Who are we cheering for tonight? Normally I would cheer for the English side, unless it was Utd for obvious reasons. Even Chelsea some times get my support depending on who they are playing and who is managing them etc.

Until the last year or so I would have cheered for City. I don't know many City fans so they dont get a chance to annoy me like the legions of Utd fans do and City as a club always seem decent enough. I do like Pep and his sides play great football. BUT City have cheated they have ****ed FFP and are only where they are cos of that and them winning everything is REALLY starting to get boring. I know Utd dominated for periods in the 90's and early 00's and Pool did the same in the 70's and 80's but City's dominance has a more permanent feel to it. Plus the dominate EVERYTHING, at least those great Pool and City sides had the decency not to make every domestic final every year as well as cruising the league. They also didn't dominate european football the way City are threatening to.
I suspect I'll be half heartedly cheering for Inter, if only so I can laugh if City do **** it up. But it'll be hard to listen to if City win it.

I suspect our best hope for someone to stop City's dominance is Pep leaving. Or FA/PL growing a set. Until then, we're stuck with them.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I've got my Inter shirt on, the closer I get to tonight the more confident I'm becoming of Inter, City will probably blow them away for 90 minutes. 😂. They have to have a bad 20 minutes at some point!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Don't wright off Inter Milan that much @weasel, they will put up more of a fight than Man Utd did. I obviously still have City as big favourites, but Inter are no mugs. Well organised and always have a clear game plan that hasn't failed them yet this season.
So far you're spot on.
The question is can they keep it up for 90mins? Serie A isn't famed for it's high intensity/tempo games.

Feel sorry for KDB, 2 CL finals and he's gone off injured in both. He seems like a decent enough bloke too (for a footballer).

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
No joke either when City scored and they showed the guy with a funny hat on celebrating, that's my window cleaner. Unbelievable Jeff!

lejackal

Grand Master
Feels very much like Inter needed to take at least one of their earlier chances. Never say never but City will likely suck the life out of them or catch them on the counter

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I don't really listen to that, to be honest though, Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool fans don't need to sling **** now, time won't be kind to Man City.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I'm not joking about he window cleaner, this guy, he always tells me a really **** joke.

Attachments

• IMG_4940.png
    IMG_4940.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 30

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well it was a **** game but personally I think they deserved it, considering City have probably been the best team in the world for the last decade it was ridiculous that they hadn't won it yet (while bloody Chelsea had fluked it too!)

Will be interesting to see what Pep does next, time for a new challenge after winning everything with City? Spurs at Christmas maybe? :giggle:

Regarding the cheating, yes obviously that's a factor, you can't really compare football teams when the resources available are so wildly different (how are Burnley ever going to compete with City) but saying that there is more to it than money, Pep is clearly an amazing manager and has made hardly any dud signings, which can't be said for many other teams. He's also turned very average players into winners - Ake and Walker for a start!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Well it was a **** game but personally I think they deserved it, considering City have probably been the best team in the world for the last decade it was ridiculous that they hadn't won it yet (while bloody Chelsea had fluked it too!)
Summed up well, pretty dreadful game. Not that City will care.

And they prob have been due winning it, worse sides have definitely won it recently.
Lukaku was their best player. He literally turned the game. Inter were comfortable at 0-0 when he came on, 10 minutes later City are one up. Then he blocks a goal bound shot and follows it up with missing a free header from 6 yards out. The guy did more to win it for City than anyone in blue.

I saw someone describe City as "the Lance Armstrong of football" I thought that was very apt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom