Premier League 23/24 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I was talking to a one eyed United fan and made that exact point that without Klopp the PL would have been City and 19 others for the last ……however many years since Pep took over. But he was more concerned about Klopp having as many PL titles as Ranieri and the fact he has "only" won four from the 32 cups/titles available to him in his time. Some people just can't get over the tribalism of football.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
The Facebook posts on comparing Klopp to Ferguson are embarrassing. It's the world these days, everyone wants to compare and it's red or green never amber.

I feel I've been harsh on Klopp saying he should have changed the way Liverpool play on occasions to get the result. The problem with that is modern football coaches have to have an identity to the way there team plays and this is important for the players. Throughout Klopp's time at Liverpool he has motivated his players by consistently telling them that his style of playing will bring success. He can't then turn around in a major final and say we need to play differently just for today, that's how you lose the players.

The tribalism I kind of understand, but surely most people (football fans) get to a point where they realise that all you are is a spectator and you may as well just enjoy the spectacle and other peoples enjoyment.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye. It's the modern media obsession. Go in 100% on something for two days, then move on. Klopp leaving will be mentioned in passing inside a week, or when Pool lose in Europe/FAC/Caraboa Cup/cant win the PL. Then a week out from the end of the season the media circus will kick in to gear again. It gets boring.

As I said, I see five "Great" PL managers. They are head and shoulders above everyone else. I dont care what order they are ranked in. All have faults/weaknesses, but if you offered me…or any other fan….a new manager who would guarantee of the success they had, your hand would be bitten off.

I see Anthony found his level, first goal and or assist in how many games? And against a side fight relegation in league two.

On that note, did anyone hear the radio Wales commentary on the game?
Comedy gold. It's best NOT played at loud volume if other people are around.

I saw the MOTD highlights of Spurs City, I forgot it was on on Fri nite. I can understand why I keep hearing rumours that Spurs are happy to sell Hojberg. He was DUNG.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think Man Utd found their level not just Antony. Problem I have is Ten Hag genuinely thinks he has a chance of getting top 4 and winning the FA Cup. You are lost as a fan, player and coach if you think that.

I'll tell you now, no club will succeed when the players run a club the size of Man Utd. Rashford is a huge problem that needs to be sold, but he's impossible to drop let alone sell. Depressing 4 months ahead for Man Utd fans.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Apparently Rashford was on the piss over here on Wed and Thursday. I did get a few video clips of him supposedly drinking but the quality was so poor all I could say was a relatively thin black guy was drinking in a bar in Belfast apparently during the week….but they could have been shot any time.

The clip is funny, I played it for my wife and she didn't give off. Albeit she didn't laugh either. I suspect he guy in it is looking for a new job about now

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Rashford is a waste of space and Man Utd pay him £350k a week for the privilege. Sick note, he called in sick for training on Friday and like you say was in a Belfast club Thursday night. Apparently he got a private jet back to Manchester Friday early morning and called in sick.

lejackal

Grand Master
Surely they must be fining players for doing that? Not that the loss of one weeks wages makes a difference at that level

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I would assume so, and I dare say the player barely bats an eye lid.
Thought most are probably dumb enough that they think they will get away with it.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Shoutsport have been all over it today. Moved on from Klopp to Rashford wasting his talent blah blah blah

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I heard a bit, he's in the squad for Wolves. Player power rules at Man Utd. I can see ETH gone by March. I hope not.

Some good games tonight, great results for Luton and Newcastle.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah who saw rither of thsoe results coming. Fair ****s to Luton they are putting up a great fight.
With Villa's home record and Newcastle's away record, you'd have got great odds on that score line.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Liverpool smacked up Chelsea, doesn't look good for them in the League Cup final. Looks like Liverpool are on a mission this season!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I saw chunks of it and it looked fairly, but the match stats make it look like I saw the bits where Chelsea turned up. I did enjoy seeing Raheem sterling having yet another stinker. His decision making is getting worse if anything. He passes when he should shoot, and when he should pass he takes 27 touches so the chance is gone.

Hard to have ANY sympathy for Chelsea, an utterly hateful club.

Cue them winning the worthless cup final now.

Nunez sets a new PL record for the most times a player hits the woodwork (four) in one game. If he could shoot…..

lejackal

Grand Master
the chaos he brings is his strength - saw him described as an indoor whirlwind (Nunez obvs, not Stirling)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Some game for Utd last night. They really are a Jackal and Hyde team. They should have been 4 or 5 up at HT. Wolves were worse than appalling in the first half. Then Utd tried their best to **** it away. The penalty was a farce. NEVER EVER EVER is that a foul. He barely touches him and, as I get sick saying, contact does NOT equal a foul. It's. A. Contact. Sport!!!!!!

I couldn't watch a team that plays like that every week. I'd have pulled all my hair out and be in hospital with coronary.

Big game on Sunday, is it 'must win' for Arsenal or 'must not lose'?
Given they are in a title race with City, being honest, it is probably the former, but the latter at least keeps the hope alive.
If they lose, that's them fooked. 8 behind Liverpool and effectively 6 behind City. You don't close a 6 pt gap on City at this stage of the season. You definitely don't close a six point gap on City AND an Eight point gap on Pool. Especially with only 15 games left

Last edited:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Great performance from Villa yesterday, that's how you make a statement about being top 4 material. While Spurs are obviously missing Son, they did the opposite yesterday and limped to a pathetic draw at Everton, despite two really good goals. Spurs have scored only two goals less than City and Liverpool, 5 more than Arsenal, so to be 5th is really not good enough and just highlights the stupid, completely avoidable mistakes we keep making. In contrast to the Villa win yesterday, I can't remember the last time we won a game comfortably, it always ends up being a nervous finish. That's the number one thing Ange needs to sort, and Son being away has nothing to do with it.

Top Bottom