Premier League 23/24 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Utd doing ok at the minute. Though it sounds like the results are better than the underlying performances. Here's hoping that changes soon and results more accurately reflect the performances lol

Moyesy getting a bit of stick now, sounds like WH were poor.

Harry Kane turning Bayern into the German Spurs would be funny. 11 titles in a row and along comes Harry. Out of the domestic cup, 8pts off the lead in the league and lost their first leg in CL.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
You see one of his team mates came out and defended it? Said he thought it was a fair enough tackle. He did qualify it by saying he hadn't seen a replay and it was just from his impression on the pitch, but ehhh is that not where the Club's Press Relations guy steps in and says "his tackle was a shocker btw, best not comment on it."

lejackal

Grand Master
You can understand some fans in real time being pissed at a red card, even players and management etc, but the second you've seen a replay there's absolutely no defending that.

I did initially wonder if there was a slip that made his leg go so high but it's clearly just a shocker

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
**** me Arsenal! Maybe we should just ban you from the CL seeing you are apparently incapable of winning a knockout tie. Big pressure for the second leg.

I did see a stat that Pepe, everyone's favourite ****, has more CL appearances than the entire Arsenal squad (possibly match day squad) combined. Impressive.

In other news, Liverpool managed a game without anyone getting injured.
Alison, Matip, TAA, Thiago, Bajcetic, Jones, Sobozlai, Doak, Salah, Nunez and Jota. Lacking in defenders but that team would push for European footy, playing Kevin Keegan style football. Every single one of them is injured right now. Pool started with 4 under 21's last night and another 4, one of whom is 16, on the bench. The tea lady will be getting a medal for being part of the squad on Sunday.

lejackal

Grand Master
**** me Arsenal! Maybe we should just ban you from the CL seeing you are apparently incapable of winning a knockout tie. Big pressure for the second leg.

I did see a stat that Pepe, everyone's favourite ****, has more CL appearances than the entire Arsenal squad (possibly match day squad) combined. Impressive.

In other news, Liverpool managed a game without anyone getting injured.
Alison, Matip, TAA, Thiago, Bajcetic, Jones, Sobozlai, Doak, Salah, Nunez and Jota. Lacking in defenders but that team would push for European footy, playing Kevin Keegan style football. Every single one of them is injured right now. Pool started with 4 under 21's last night and another 4, one of whom is 16, on the bench. The tea lady will be getting a medal for being part of the squad on Sunday.
We did not have a good night at all, and to be honest we were lucky not to have conceded in the first half as well.

Random/interesting Pepe fact - he last played against Arsenal in December 06, a 0-0 draw in the CL. The previous match to that was in the September and Arsenal ran out 2-0 winners - goal scorers being Hleb and some bloke called Terry Henry.

That has to be some sort of record gap between appearances against an opponent?

lejackal

Grand Master
Dani Alves is a **** as well I see - obviously the prison sentence is something but the fine is less than he would have earned for a week 🙄

And yes, I get it, punishments are rarely means tested but it's like one of us dropping a tenner

edd_jedi

Staff member
So how predictable is it that Chelsea will win the EFL Cup this weekend? Liverpool have about 17 players injured, that would have been a nice advantage for Spurs in the CL final. Chelsea seem to have a knack of winning stuff while being incredibly average, which makes them probably the most infuriating team for a Spurs fan

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
It's ONLY eleven players injured @edd_jedi.

I see Sunday as lose lose for Pool. If they win "it's ONLY the League Cup" and "Chelsea are ****." If they lose, they lose a final, to one of the most hateful clubs in English footy and have to listen to their arsehole fans gloating. Plus they'll probably have 3 more stretchered off injured.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I saw the Alves thing, and knew he was on trial, but I assumed it was a formality for an acquittal.
His defence of 'I didnt shag her…..oh, ehhh, yeah, I did. But it was consensual. Honest!" Is right up there with the best of them.

lejackal

Grand Master
d4230f77-484a-4164-9309-111f23909b82.jpeg
0a4e4243-a605-4154-a70d-5e45d0bab528.jpeg
97efcba6-8f87-48c8-a095-3cdf18c42ec1.jpeg

Now I don't know why they got put on the naughty step but this is very very funny

lejackal

Grand Master
Liverpool deserve to win this from the watching the last 20 minutes or so - and if Chelsea's can't beat a mostly academy side they deserve to be sacked from the manager down

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I watched two hours of that, nipped out to put dinner on for thirty seconds and you can guess the rest. ****ing annoying.

I have to agree if you cant beat a Liverpool team featuring, that many kids you dont deserve to win anything.

GNev called them "Billion Dollar bottlers" that's a great line, and very apt.

Nice to beat that hateful club. Even if it was "only" the Worthless cup

Gravenbach off injured now makes it TWELVE players out and 13 fit. That 13 includes two keepers as well. If I was Southampton, I'd be playing my strongest side on Wed night, cos the Pool line up will be Kelleher, Quansah, Tsimikas and ehhh the under 16's.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ok, someone needs to explain to me why VVD's first goal was disallowed.
"A technical offside" whatever the **** thst means. I had assumed it was cos Endo was offside and blocked off Colwill who would have then (possibly) stopped VVD getting a free header. Even at that, it's soft as ****, cos you see people being blocked off EVERY SINGLE TIME there is a corner. EVERY TIME. Every club does it. It's not a 'dark art' like the tactical foul, it's just bog standard at every set piece.

Fair enough if that is the new rule, but two things. 1) Why was it introduced, without anyone being told, right before a cup final. 2) 80% of goals from set pieces will now be chalked off.

Returning to the Final, ehhh, here is what Endo does…..

If there is a foul in there, and I admit I am not neutral on this, ehhh I don't see it. Unless standing still and not seeing the bloke who runs into your back is now a foul.

Utterly bemused.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Bizarre. I heard Endo was offside and blocked the player. As you say, 'blocking' happens at every corner and free kick and that one looked very mild in comparison to a lot of the wrestling we see, week in, week out. They really need to sort out the grappling in the box- it's clearly fouling anywhere else on the pitch, but they stick their heads in the sand and ignore it.

Top Bottom