Premier League 23/24 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
It'll take Ange time though. He has only been in charge since the summer. Give him another window to sort out the squad. Spurs are still streets ahead of where they where when he took over.

Although, please keep leaking goals when you come to Anfield in May, cos we owe you one!

edd_jedi

Staff member
You're right he hasn't had long, but this has been a problem with Spurs for a decade, 5 managers and 20 odd different defenders through the revolving doors haven't changed it! :rolleyes:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Bloody Man Utd. Thought we were the better team until the last 20mins and ended up getting spanked 3-0. Didn't take our chances though and Onana decided to actually be a proper keeper for a change. Hammers looking a bit flat at the mo. Need Paq-man back ASAP!

Good on Luton- they're making a real battle out of it and dragging others in.

Great result for L'Arse. Makes it more interesting, for sure...

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I missed the entirety of the game, bar the thirty seconds either side of Konate's first yellow. which I thought was harsh, it looked like Martinelli (?) initiated the contact and it was pretty much 6 of one half a dozen of the other, after that. Other than that all I got was the odd clip from BBCsport. So, I'll assume Pool were the better team by a mile and Arsenal just used that legendary luck of theirs/cheated again…..especially when they tricked VVD and Alison into looking like Morons for the second goal. 😉

From the little I have heard and read, it sounds like Arsenal deserved it, albeit Pool were starting to take control before VVD/Alison had their collective brain fart. The third coming right at the end was probably due Pool pushing up madly in the vain hope of an equaliser (I'm guessing). Still, it keeps it interesting. Though it hands the advantage to everyone's favourite financial dopers.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, we all know they will win 15 of their last 16 games, including beating both our teams in March and then cruise to another title by 10pts.
Luckily it doesn't get boring, and FA/PL aren't dragging their feet over City's 115 charges and we all know they will totally be punished for them. A nice suspended fine of say £30k, that'll teach them. 🙄

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Don't worry Man Utd are going to the emptyhad in April. Martinez could be back by then. We will probably have a new manager bounce as well.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Truly horrendous performance, that has been coming, truth be told. The amount of chances we've given away recently is criminal and we've largely got away with it, until Sunday.

Very unlucky to lose 3-0 to Man U, but we were lucky to get nil vs Arsenal!

Moyes out? Probably yes for me now. Tough one, but I want to see some good football, on a consistent level. I know we've done comparatively very well with him, but I'm not enjoying it any more.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Who do you get in to replace him though? Not that many decent managers about. Pot luck on a random from over seas?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Potter isnt a bad shout. He cant wait for ever for his next job and WH are far from a small club

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Hhmmmm, I guess it depends. If he thinks he is 'chelsea standard' now then only a top 6 club will do. The problem is he flopped at Chelsea and none of the top 6 will want him.
Plus Chelsea are now midtable so you can argue half the PL are 'chelsea standard'.

Where else does Potter go? Overseas again? Not many jobs on the continent that are 'Chelsea standard' where he would be considered. Does he hold out and hope Villa or Newcastle come calling?

lejackal

Grand Master
He might fancy Leverkusen when Alonso inevitably gets the *insert big club here* job. WH are probably "bigger" than Palace but Palace might be more open to changing their culture with him - similar to Vieira but more experience?

Watch him get the Man U job when they bin off ETH

Latest posts

Top Bottom