Premier League 22/23 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
So after last night's result one of Everton or Leicester will definitely go down, I would actually like Leeds to beat Spurs this weekend now so we can dodge the Conference League and both went down! Who do you think will survive? I reckon Everton will scrape it, Leicester look like they've given up already.

I've also just noticed Chelsea will definitely now finish in the bottom half, that was 600m well spent :ROFLMAO: it just shows that much as people call City cheaters, money alone doesn't buy success.
Aye, I get the logic Edd, though surely Spurs as an English side, should have a decent shot at that Europa conference farce thing? Granted, It's Spurs and they'll find a way to **** it up, but you would be one of the favourites from the start. It may be a crap competition, but it is still a trophy.

Sadly, I think Everton will stay up. I'd like to Leicester survive, if only so Leeds and the Fat Sam BS get put to bed forever, and Everton pay the price for their years of horrendous mismanagement.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Well lads, as a long time Luton Town fan and ST holder I will be there on Saturday, 11 rows from the front. What a rocky ride it has been. I remember when we were playing the likes of Hyde and Barrow and getting beaten on those shitty, freezing winter nights but it has been worth it.

In a time where money rules football its nice to see us finally get our chance at football immortality, and do what hasn't been done before. 10 years ago we were in the conference after being docked 30 points by those bastards at the FA - and no one has been docked that much since. This means so much to us, and if we are successful it helps our new stadium being built and it also ensures we fought back from the dead when the FA tried to finish us.

Whether you support Arsenal, Man City or whoever this will be the biggest fairytale ever. Whatever happens its a good time to be a Lutonian!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I do love that for many teams and fans, just being in the premier league is a huge honour. I think a lot of supporters forget how lucky they are sometimes, some of these clubs have never won a major trophy

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye, good luck to Luton. I don't mind who comes up, if I had to pick one it would probably be Luton purely cos they have never been up, but both clubs have had their fair share of **** and both will effectively be new faces in the PL.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Well lads, as a long time Luton Town fan and ST holder I will be there on Saturday, 11 rows from the front. What a rocky ride it has been. I remember when we were playing the likes of Hyde and Barrow and getting beaten on those shitty, freezing winter nights but it has been worth it.

In a time where money rules football its nice to see us finally get our chance at football immortality, and do what hasn't been done before. 10 years ago we were in the conference after being docked 30 points by those bastards at the FA - and no one has been docked that much since. This means so much to us, and if we are successful it helps our new stadium being built and it also ensures we fought back from the dead when the FA tried to finish us.

Whether you support Arsenal, Man City or whoever this will be the biggest fairytale ever. Whatever happens its a good time to be a

Whether you support Arsenal, Man City or whoever this will be the biggest fairytale ever. Whatever happens its a good time to be a Lutonian!
The docking of points is fine for teams like Luton, yet the powers that be completely rejected possible points deductions of the Sky 6, when they were going to form the Euro Super League 'because it would punish the fans'! So their fans are different, are they? Sums up modern football.

Fantastic Luton have made the final- good luck!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Aye, good luck to Luton. I don't mind who comes up, if I had to pick one it would probably be Luton purely cos they have never been up, but both clubs have had their fair share of **** and both will effectively be new faces in the PL.
They were up for a while in the 80's. Bit of a fairytale if they make it all the way back up again though, after all they've been through.

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Same here chaps. My first game was against Man Utd in 1984. We had a good run I'm the old Div 1, and signed up for the premier league but unfortunately got relegated the season before.

We were treated like **** by the so it's been good to see the rise back from NL oblivion.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Top 4 wrapped up, so just the relegation battle to watch on Sunday. Assuming nobody cares about the Conference League qualifier :ROFLMAO: saying that I hope West Ham win it, and as you say @weasel it's still a trophy - I seem to remember last time Spurs were in it, we were disqualified because of a dispute over a rearranged fixture date due to covid. Add that to poisoned lasagne and the long list of other ridiculous reasons that only Spurs could suffer.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I'd forgotten about that disqualification Spurs got. They do have an amazing ability to find new ways not to win things.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Top 4 wrapped up, so just the relegation battle to watch on Sunday. Assuming nobody cares about the Conference League qualifier :ROFLMAO: saying that I hope West Ham win it, and as you say @weasel it's still a trophy - I seem to remember last time Spurs were in it, we were disqualified because of a dispute over a rearranged fixture date due to covid. Add that to poisoned lasagne and the long list of other ridiculous reasons that only Spurs could suffer.
Were they going to go through? Thought they'd struggled a bit, anyway- lost a couple and drew, if I remember correctly? Lost to Mura 😬

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I was quite sceptical about the Conference league- but have loved it. I know we've done well, but think it's actually a bit undervalued as a competition. Crazy that the venue for the final only holds 20k!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah that does seem needlessly small. I get UEFA trying to let "smaller" stadiums/countries host a European final, but surely there are bigger stadiums they could use? The final is still going to be a huge event for the two teams involved and given UEFA keep about 60% of the tickets for themselves and their "partners" (sponsors and people who pay them bribes) that really doesn't leave much for the 2 clubs involved.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Really disappointing, when you consider both finalists are big clubs, but have had little success, especially recently. The fans may not get another opportunity to see a European final for a long time. Misjudged, to say the least.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Disappointed to see Everton stay up. Delighted to see the latest instalment of the Fat Sam show end in relegation. Here's hoping Chairmen now realise he isn't actually that good a manager.

lejackal

Grand Master
In fairness (not that I think he's great or anything) he was handed a real poisoned challis this time.

I'm strangely annoyed Everton stayed up, maybe because we got the full "new manager bounce"

Overall it's been a fantastic season, I'm disappointed we couldn't get over the line, and almost as annoyed that Dortmund couldn't either.

What a send off for Xhaka today, so close to a hat trick

Latest posts

Top Bottom