Premier League 22/23 Thread

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Don't worry we already know you've got your eyes on the treble! But it would be nice for it NOT to be another City vs Liverpool snoozefest for the first time in 5 years.
What you on about, Man Utd finished second 3 seasons ago!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah but let's be honest they never threatened to win the title, just as Spurs didn't when they finished second in 2017. It's been all about City and (more recently) Liverpool for at least five years now. The last time it wasn't either of those two teams running away with it was Chelsea in 2016-2017.

lejackal

Grand Master
The commentator saying pool are 7 off the pace and that's a lot to catch City up…..breaking news, theyre not 7 behind City 🤡

lejackal

Grand Master
I wouldn't fancy being Bournemouth next week mind you, the fixtures just aren't letting up for them

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Ten Hag master class. 😂 Liverpool will be back, that's the first time they have lost this year in the PL. I think last season has taken a lot out of them, still very early in a very strange season calendar wise.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Tough CL grouo for Pool again this year. Ajax, Napoli and Rangers.

City Sevilla, Dortmund and Fc Copenhagen isn't easy but at least City get 2 gimmes in Denmark.

Chelsea, AC, Salzburg and Dinamo Zagreb. Not easy, not too bad though.

Spuds will be delighted with Eintracht, Sporting and Marseille. All winnable without being a waste of time.

Real, Leipzig, Celtic and shaktar. Celtic have an outside chance of EL there.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ohh and I was on holiday and missed most of the Pool game but it sounds like they were ****ing dire, as they have been in both previous PL games this season. How do you go from comfortably seeing off City in the waste of time shield, to then scraping a draw with Fulham and Palace and making the shambles that is Utd look good?

Injuries havent helped, they pretty much left Klopp no options on Monday night, but that was as bad a performance as I've seen.

No chance they win the title from here. Not that I thought they would.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Just read that Forest have signed 16 new players! It shows ambition, but surely must 1) be difficult to manage and 2) seriously piss off the squad who got them back i n the PL?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I saw that. But the article says they lost half the squad that got them up. Loans ended and players were sold. So I guess that explains it to an extent. It does look like **** or bust though. If they go down how are they going to pay or offload all those players? I would also assume most were promised they would be a first team regular. You can't really have 16 first team regulars, plus whatever was left of your old squad.

lejackal

Grand Master
Just read that Forest have signed 16 new players! It shows ambition, but surely must 1) be difficult to manage and 2) seriously piss off the squad who got them back i n the PL?
Didn't Fulham do something similar the other year and then get relegated. As you say it's hardly fair on the existing squad but does show ambition

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I am hoping they stay up, I don't have any stats to back this up but it feels like except Norwich and Fulham, most other teams last more than one season when promoted?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
This could be a cricket score
It was.

Bournemouth were as poor as I have seen. No idea what their game plan was, 'bend over' isn't the kind of tactic that will keep you up.
I never rated Scott Parker as a manager, after yesterday, I rate him even less. Surely at 4 or 5 you just set up shop? They were wide open until the end.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Goal of the season contender from Saint-Maximin for Newcastle today, incredible. Richarlison's outsidde of the boot cross to Kane was pretty special too. As was him doing kick ups and then promptly being taken out by a sour Forest player :ROFLMAO:

And in case you don't read the fantasy football thread, how is it possible for Liverpool to score nine goals and Salah not be involved in any of them? That's got to be a million to one.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yer man's "clearance" to set up Saint-maximin was unreal. In no danger on the far corner of his box so he panics and hoofs it 'clear' to the top of his box at a lovely height for a volley. Still some finish, but if yer man doesnt panic…..

I also thought Wolves disallowed goal was harsh. There is contact, but Fraiser makes the most of it and ehhhh it's a contact sport?

On that note, nice to see City not getting any soft decisions. WTF was wrong with Palce's disallowed goal? Ederson throws it out and the Palace boy intercepts it. It's a goal all day long. I can only assume it broke the "City cant go 3 down at home" rule.
And as for Haaland booting Anderson (?) in the head…..yes, it was unintentional, but so was Mane's on Ederson and Greizman's in the CL and both got straight reds. Haaland does it and he doesnt even get booked. Dafuq!? It's the inconsistency that pisses me off. I know for a fact at some point in the season some poor bastard will get sent off for doing exactly what Haaland did. It'll probably be against City too!

Ohh and for consistency, Pool's 6th goal should never have stood. The defender only plays it (into his own net) cos Diaz is stood behind him, and is offside. If that isn't the definition of interfering with play, I dunno what is. The offside rule reallyis a ****ing joke.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Wow, Bournemouth sack Scott Parker after four games. Seems a bit harsh

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Agreed. It always makes me laugh when rubbish sides sack their managers after losing to far superior opposition. What did they expect would happen? They're Bournemouth, not Real Madrid, and they were playing Liverpool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom