Premier League 22/23 Thread

lejackal

Grand Master
After the way last season started I'll take being one of only two teams that have a 100% record

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes I was looking at the fixtures earlier and Arsenal don't have to play ANY top six, or barely even any top half teams until October! Not sure how that's possible. So I reckon you'll be right up there still then, but as you say you'll have to play the tough teams eventually

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yep another baffling VAR decision, obviously nice when one goes your way to make up for the wrong ones you've suffered, but it would be nice if they just got them all right - like every single person watching at home on telly without the VAR equipment can! 🤦‍♂️

lejackal

Grand Master
I'm so conflicted right now, I need Pool to do better so my fantasy team goes top BUT I need them to drop points (along with others) to make top 4 easier and top 2/3 viable

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I will always admire your optimism 😂

But yeah Allison and VVD have screwed me on the fantasy!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So hands up who thought Arsenal would have four more points than Liverpool after two matches?! It's a funny old game. Next week's match between Pool and United will be interesting, I know who I think will win it but arguably Liverpool's points tally so far is worse than United's based on expectations. I'm sure it's just a blip though, while United clearly have much deeper problems.

lejackal

Grand Master
I will always admire your optimism 😂

But yeah Allison and VVD have screwed me on the fantasy!
Don't get me wrong the way we imploded in the first three games last season and then the last few I know two wins doesn't mean squat but if there wasn't hope and enjoyment then what's the point? I start every season thinking/hoping we'll win something

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
No I think it's a good quality, I'm not surprised any Arsenal fan that was following during the late 90s/early 00s has a winning mentality. Us Spurs fans on the other hand…

lejackal

Grand Master
63B3A594-BE02-4CD1-B840-22032673DD0B.jpeg

Okay the quoted sources are not exactly stellar publications but it's honestly like Man U haven't got a scouting department, or if they have it's the guy sat in the security box in the car park. It's ****ing hilarious.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It's probably got a lot to do with who they can attract. Would any player from a top six team in any of the major European leagues want to join Manchester United now? I know players are driven by money, but they want to win too. United don't really have many other options currently than buying aged ex-stars or nurturing academy players.

lejackal

Grand Master
It's probably got a lot to do with who they can attract. Would any player from a top six team in any of the major European leagues want to join Manchester United now? I know players are driven by money, but they want to win too. United don't really have many other options currently than buying aged ex-stars or nurturing academy players.
I'd argue throwing cash at people is what's got them to this point. They need to be looking to raid mid table established teams for their gems and be smarter with foreign recruitment. They can't challenge overnight but they need a cultural reset. That said as an arsenal fan the longer they're a mess the better

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
City and Liverpool have been signing players that know one had heard of for years now, ok City have started buying some big names in the last couple of seasons. The biggest problem is the board and CEO are not football people but bankers, they don't no how to negotiate. Richard Arnold and Edd Woodward have 0 experience in the football world but they've both over seen Utds transfers in the last 10 years. Edd Woodward was mates with the Glaziers before they bought Utd and he helped them buy the club and guess who Woodward went to Uni with, you guessed it Richard Arnold. Mates rates and jobs for the boys FC. Most of Ten Hags targets this summer were unheard of players who they still couldn't get because there incompetent. It's also why we can't sell anyone because they get desperate late in the window and throw money at players that aren't good enough. Imagine you have a big steaming pile of **** that know one will take away. Utd just keep adding to that pile of ****.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Some crazy results this weekend, thoroughly enjoyed watching Leeds beat Chelsea, and it's a shame Newcastle couldn't hang on to beat City, but a draw is still a great result! Maybe this season won't be a two horse race after all?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Don't worry we already know you've got your eyes on the treble! But it would be nice for it NOT to be another City vs Liverpool snoozefest for the first time in 5 years.

lejackal

Grand Master
One thing I will commit to, we have far better songs for our players than anyone else in Europe. I'd go so far to say that our away fans could win Eurovision

Latest posts

Top Bottom