Premier League 22/23 Thread

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Sam Allardyce leaves Leeds after 4 games, I wonder how many millions he earned in those 30 days :oops:

lejackal

Grand Master
Apparently a lot of their top players have relegation clauses as well, meaning they can just leave

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I think a lot of his pay was conditional on him keepeing them up, or at least a large bonus was due to be paid if he did. I'm sure he still did alright out of what was in effect (him doing) a ****ing **** job.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
What do we think the result will be tomorrow re FA cup final ?

for me my head says Utd will get over run as city have too much quality playing as a unit, my heart says ( going back to the Fergie days we will go for it)

would love to win the FA cup, but if it's not to be then happy as long as we play with passion as a team and throw the kitchen sink at it, then I will be happy, if we go into the match without conviction, then I will be bitterly disappointed. It's the F cup, iconic, so come on Utd show the metal ! I'll be shouting them on for sure !

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Will either be 1-0 to Utd or 3,4 or 5 to City. Famous last words. Unless we are 3-0 up with 2 minutes to go I'm convinced we will lose. Obviously a City win is more likely and I put at 80%.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye summed up quite well there, my money would be on a fairly comfortable City win, say by 2 or 3 goals.
I'm hoping they go one, or five, better than the 2019 final when they put six on Watford.

Have we had a double figures score in a cup final? 'Mon City, there's your challenge.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Expecting a significant win for Citeh as the form book suggests they will go on and win the treble, but of course this is football, so 0-0 at the death and Utd win on penalties would be my bet if I were a betting man

lejackal

Grand Master
Citeh now play Arsenal for the Community blue Peter badge trophy. Surely it would be more interesting/appropriate for Citeh A to play Citeh B?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Another nonsense VAR decision yesterday.
Dafuq is that a penalty?! Yes, it hits his hand but if you ask 100 football fans if they think things like that should be given, I would be surprised if mroe than 2 or 3 say it should. Even most Utd fans I know agree that it was a farce.

You see them given, Utd got another like that against PSG a few yrs ago and Pool got one against Spurs in thenCL final, but those should never be given as pens, they are just a farce.

The one City didn't get was more of a foul. Fred doesn't get the ball, if he had touched the ball then fair enough, but he just blocks KDB and the ball bypasses him. It's still a bit iffy but it's more of a penalty/foul than that nonsense handball against Grealish.

City now with a game against a midtable PL standard side for a CL title and a treble. When was the last time a team as weak as Inter made a CL final?Pool in 05? But even that Pool side had been decent sides in Juve and Roma en route (back when Italian sides were actually good).

It could well be Porto/Monaco in 03/04 or Jose's inter in 09 thought they were a solid if unspectacular side. This Inter are just very meh.

Cue either a 5-0 City win, or a Pep brainfart and Inter winning.

lejackal

Grand Master
6C2495DF-ECCF-4830-A32F-E4AFDFC153A6.png

@edd_jedi
@SAVORY100
@Snaketibe
Thoughts?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Don't wright off Inter Milan that much @weasel, they will put up more of a fight than Man Utd did. I obviously still have City as big favourites, but Inter are no mugs. Well organised and always have a clear game plan that hasn't failed them yet this season.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I'd rather get a manager in now than wait until the 3rd of August like we usually do! As I've said many times previously I don't think success in Scotland prepares you for the PL (Gerrard, Rodgers etc) but having had two serial winners get nowhere, and seeing Arteta do so well with no experience, I'm willing to give anyone a shot!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
He has done well in Scotland and Celtic were unlucky in the CL, they matched most of the sides in their group but the quality in the final third was the difference. Maybe with a better squad of players he might do ok.

It all depends on whether Harry Kane stays or pisses off to Real/Utd.

He is a bit of a gamble, but everyone else has either told Spurs to piss off, is employed, or is shite.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Don't wright off Inter Milan that much @weasel, they will put up more of a fight than Man Utd did. I obviously still have City as big favourites, but Inter are no mugs. Well organised and always have a clear game plan that hasn't failed them yet this season.
I just think City have their **** in order in this season's CL. They have literally run out of ways to **** it up and get knocked out. I think they will be 100% focused on winning it and no way will Inter have anything close to enough to live with them. Bar a Pep brain fart, Inter's best hope is nick an early goal and hold out. But I don't see them (or anyone, really) being able to do that.
They sure as **** can't go toe to toe with City and try and out pass or out score them.

I will laugh my balls off if Inter win, but I do think they are the worst side to make a final in a long long time

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well it's official, I need to learn how to pronounce his name now 😊 the good thing is he has some time before the season starts to both get to know the squad and maybe even make some changes. And thinking about it, Poch was managing Southampton before he came to Spurs so it's not like he was a tried and tested manager. The last two tried and tested managers didn't work out, so it's worth a punt.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
A four year deal does sound a bit more like Levy is going to let him try and sort Spuds out. That will take time and money. Obviously if Harry Kane goes, suddenly the budget gets a lot bigger but you also then need a new striker.

And, I think it's Pos-tell-og-ooo

Latest posts

Top Bottom