Premier League 23/24 Thread

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Spurs have conceded about 5 goals in recent games by opposing players literally body slamming the goalkeeper from corners, and they were all fine apparently, so can't help you with the VVD one

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree the goal should have stood, I also think it's ridiculous how Chelsea's goal was off side, I know it's the law but they need to change it. If your toe or shoulder is slightly in front of the last defender it's not in the spirit of the game to rule the goal out.

Liverpool basically beat a billion £ Chelsea team with there academy. 8 years of Klopp and that's what you get.

Interesting I think, Ten Hag and Poch continue to be under pressure, I think Poch probably should be doing a bit better but both Chelsea and Man Utd need to stick with the management and try and build something. The top 3 this season all have managers that have been in the job for at least 4 years.

Poch should be given a full summer window, although he will find it difficult with so many players on huge contracts.

See Everton have had there points deduction reduced. Although City still nothing. Mind boggling.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Agreed @Cazza . As soon as they start handing out penalties for it, word will spread and it will become less blatant. They wont do it though. Why would they when there are much more exciting opportunities to display your intimate knowledge of the rules of the game, by disallowing goals for "technical offsides". I mean everyone loves the refs showing us how goals should be chalked off for "technical" reasons, rather than them actually implementing the rules and stamping out some of the real blights on the game.

Good win for WH last night, I saw bits of it. Who the **** was marking Bowen for his third? Some dig for the fourth too. Brentford bang in trouble.

Chelsea are a shambles of a club, Utd aren't much better. Utd MAY be heading in the right direction under yer man from Ineos, time will tell. But Chelsea are buggered if those boys on long term contracts turn out to be ****. Massive wages and 8yr deals mean they cant sell them AND they are spreading their transfer fee of future yrs spending. Clever IF it works. If not, you're ****ed. And if ever a club deserved to be ****ed for financial doping it's the original rich man's play thing.

Here's hoping City get the book thrown at them too.

lejackal

Grand Master
I wonder how much Arsenal have dodged bullets with Caicedo and Mudryk - or is it simply terrible coaching and club structure? Not sure what the latter was like pre transfer but Caicedo looked great for Brighton?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Mudryk has looked a horrendous since about the day he signed. I have half a notion of him looking half decent in an early game against Pool, but other than that he has barely looked PL level, never mind a 85m player.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Utd vs Pool in quarter finals. Pool may even have half a team by then.

Hard to know what to make of last night's game, Saints should have been two up before Pool scored and Saints could have another right at the start of the half. Is that unfortunate for them, or did they get what they deserved for not taking their chances? Six of one….
They did okay though, they play some decent football. I know they made a few changes as well, which is a bit strange given how weak that Pool side was but I guess promotion beats a cup run (that will never end in them lifting it). Saying that, they will do a Burnley if they come up and try to play like that. Pool's kids were having joy pressing their back four, what **** will a full strength side do to them?

On another note, on Sunday Jayden Danns played 27 minutes of first team football…..and won more trophies than Harry Kane has won in his career.
Yesterday Jayden Danns made only his second senior appearance and has now score more goals than Anthony this season.

Weird, but funny, stats.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Liverpool at home in the quarter final of the FA Cup……….cant wait. 🤦 Utd will have Martinez and Shaw out for that game so we're screwed. Would be any way.

I'm taking each game as it comes, Man City away on Sunday. 😂

lejackal

Grand Master
Liverpool at home in the quarter final of the FA Cup……….cant wait. 🤦 Utd will have Martinez and Shaw out for that game so we're screwed. Would be any way.

I'm taking each game as it comes, Man City away on Sunday. 😂
I'd be eternally grateful if you could rustle up a draw

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Interesting, explains a lot
IMG_4882.jpeg

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Interesting, but it doesn't take any account of squad size, the likes of SU and Forest are a lot less able to cope with injuries than "the big 6".
I think all those injuries for Liverpool mist have happened in the last 2 weeks lol.

Endo on crutches now apparently. But possibky Nunez/Salah and or Sobozlai back for tomorrow. So they might have 11 players who can play without needing a note from their mum!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Can't really see Utd getting anything tomorrow. Martinez, Shaw, Rasmos Hojlund are out. That's like Man City having Walker, Harland and KDB out. Even if Utd could put their best 11 out and every player put in an 8/10 performance I doubt it would be good enough. City may have an off day but I doubt they will have one until next season now.

Here's a list of players that aren't available or on loan because of 'off field problems' but are on the pay role.

Hojlund
Martinez
Shaw
Malacia
Wan-Bissaka
Martial
Mount
Maquire

Players taking a wage of combined £400k a week.
Sancho
Greenwood

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Aye, it's hard to see anything but a City win. They have Utd this week, Anfield next week then Arsenal at the Etihad. Title decided then. Three wins and it's all done and dusted.

I'd love to see Utd nick something but the odds are on a par with a City 5-0 win.

Ps, Martial will play better injured than he does when he is on the pitch!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree damage limitation tomorrow. My worry is we are screwed down the left defensively. I expect KDB to play on the right and if he does he will have a field day.

Yeah Martial and Maquire are probably more use to us injured some how.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Lindeloft is no LB. But then who is your third choice LB? I saw a stat on Luke Shaw's injury record. I think he averages missing about 20 games a season, that's a hell of a lot. It's over his 10 ish yr Utd career as well, so not just one bad injury affecting it.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Malacia is our back up, he's been injured all season. I would sell Shaw in the summer because of his injury record. We had Regulon (spelling) but sent him back to Spurs. Will probably be Amrabat tomorrow. We can't even play Dalot left back because AWB is out.

Liverpool need to score here!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Malacia is our back up, he's been injured all season. I would sell Shaw in the summer because of his injury record. We had Regulon (spelling) but sent him back to Spurs. Will probably be Amrabat tomorrow. We can't even play Dalot left back because AWB is out.

Liverpool need to score here!

Never in doubt! Nunez the new Origi.

Nice to see yet another side who have boys booked for time wasting during ET moaning when Pool score in added time at the end of extra time. Your own fault boys. If you hadn't been so blatant about taking the piss, you might have got something. As it is, you got what you deserved.

And, yes, everyone time wastes, but when you have two boys booked for it in ET, the ref is always going to add more time. It's pretty much the definition of 'no **** Sherlock!'

Malacia's second season and he's been injured for most of that time. Still no idea if he is any good or not. Third choice LB? Dalot if AWB is fit? Lindeloft or Amrabat isn't much of a choice when you have KDB to mark.

Regulion is at Brentford now. Loan, I assume

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Malacia, Mount, Martinez and Antony all ETH signings and have probably been available less than 60% of the time they've been at the club. That's about £200million worth of signings. If I was INEOS or Sir Jim I would be looking at the fitness department and saying to ETH look you worry me with your signings. You've made some good ones, Rasmos, Cassa and Martinez but you need help with recruitment! I like ETH but he's far from perfect.

This weekend is going to put us out the top 5 race for now with Spurs and Villa winning.

Some turn around from Spurs and Ollie Watkins what a season he's having, wander where Villa would be without him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom