Premier League 23/24 Thread

lejackal

Grand Master
Everton in 12th scoring 57 goals? Aye right. They haven't signed a single player and stayed up by the skin of their teeth the last two yrs, but obviously this season will be different.

Sheff Utd just sold their best/only striker and have spent about £4 in the last three or four windows, zero chance they stay up.

Pool 7th? Hhmmm. They are an unknown, given the midfield overhaul, but I would be amazed if they finished that low. As a Pool fan, I could see them finishing anywhere from 2nd to 6th. 7th seems too low given the quality they have though. This super computer has Pool scoring 11 goals more than Everton over the course of a season? Look at their respective forward lines and tell me there is only 11 goals difference between them.

Villa 3rd? They were solid last year and have done some very good business, but third? I cant see it.

City win it? With their **** squad and complete lack of a decent goal scorer, no way. Bottom five for them!

Rumours are the PL are to bring in a similar attitude to stoppage time as that used in the last WC. So Everton and especially Newcastle with their Atletico Madrid-esque levels of time wasting, will both be ****ed come January as they play 400minute games every week

@lejackal, funny, I remembered about the predictions thread in the middle of the night last night. I'll get it updated now.
Sheffield have just given us 5 million quid so they've over doubled their outlay 😉

Has to be said I don't see the table looking much like this, apart from probably having Manchester Dhabi at the top

lejackal

Grand Master
He is better suited to backs to the wall, conservative play, whilst running up for corners, but that's it. Nothing more, and defo not worth 20 million

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
No way Everton will sign him. I don't think they have 30m to spend and there is zero chance he will go from Man Utd to a side who barely stayed up for 2 yrs.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I think we pay him £20 million in wages! Joking aside there is a player still in Maquire, like you say though in a team that sits back with a back 6. He's. Not top 4 quality or UCL quality either. Don't think he ever has been. We've rejected £20 million already. That's the same as having an old toaster where only one side works and the postman brings you a brand new one and offers you £20 for the old one and you tell him to piss off.

lejackal

Grand Master
Again, red and white tinted spectacles etc, I think hes on a par with Holding, and we can't get above 5 for him

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I can't see him signing a new contract unless we make top 4 next season, which seems highly unlikely at the moment. I reckon Levy is stubborn enough to keep him for a few months and then sell in January just before his contract expires, he'll want to milk every last goal out of him and still get some transfer fee

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Talk today of Bayern coming in with a bid of 94m. Surely that will be enough? He has 1yr left on his contract, dodgy ankles and has wanted out for years.

Also, Utd turn down 30m bids respectively for Fat Maguire and McTominay both from WH. What the **** are they both thinking? Utd should be biting their hands off, neither player are wanted and both probably have high wages so take the money, save the wages and move on/reinvest. As for WH, I can see why they want Maguire, but I would still consider him and underwhelming signing (do they need another CB?), but 30m for McTom…..hhhmmmmm. There is spending your Rice money and then there is returning to your manager's old club and ****ing it away on mediocre squad players.

lejackal

Grand Master
That appears to be Raya in the bag - we've now got genuine competition in every position with the possible exception of Saka on the right

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Spurs have signed a defender and a forward, Alejo Veliz and Micky van de Ven. Never heard of either of them so can't put them in the predictions thread as either good or bad, but I like that we've signed 2 young players.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Maquire to West Ham deal agreed between clubs for £30 million. Ten Hag deserves a trophy just for getting him out the door.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yes agreed on Prowse, like Maquire West Ham and the Europa league is his level. And that's not being derogatory towards West Ham in any way, both good signings for West Ham IMO.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
JWP is an ideal signing for WH, I think they scored more set piece goals than anyone else last yr. Add in his delivery and they will be very effective. Probably horribel to watch, but effective.

30m for Maguire is probably a fair price, albeit I wouldn't touch him with 3 barge poles, but he is a good fit for WH under Moyes.

Does Lupetegeu (spelling) leaving Wolves count as a sacking? He wasn't actually fired, but he may as well have been given they have sold 90m worth of players and signed ****ing no one. That's pretty much 'constructive dismissal' and PL suicide.

Latest posts

Top Bottom