Premier League 23/24 Thread

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah I may have to edit my PLP really think Wolves and Palace are going to struggle. Surely a sacking doesn't count before a ball has been kicked, unless you count the charity shield as the start?

lejackal

Grand Master
Yeah I may have to edit my PLP really think Wolves and Palace are going to struggle. Surely a sacking doesn't count before a ball has been kicked, unless you count the charity shield as the start?
Ditto - now West Ham have actually signed players they'll stay up

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
This is why I think the window should either close the day the season starts. Or it should never close.
It's almost as if the FA/PL/UEFA don't think about our predications thread when they decide this stuff

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Right, so Pool spend a month ****ing about over Lavia and then Chelsea decide to hijack it. Pool respond by bidding for Caicedo, who has been Chelsea bound for more than a month, and now Caicedo looks to be going to Anfield. And feck knows what happens to Lavia.

All very strange. Normally Pool are very good at transfer, this summer has been weird though. The Lavia thing was a farce, getting Caicedo for twice the price is proably better/less bad value for money. But 100m is massive massive money, especially for Pool.

Also, why bail on Bellingham over cost then go and spunk more on Caicedo?

Looks like Kane is off to Bayern. And just to kick Spurs fans when they are down, BBC Gossip page says they ate going to spend a chunk of the money on Lukaku.
Surely that can't be true. The man is a ****ing donkey. He has flopped at Chelsea, twice, and Utd. The only time he look half decent in the PL was at WBA and Everton. Does that not give a big hint to his level?
Richarlison and Lukaku has to be the worst PL strike force since Jason Lee and Andy Silenzin at Forrest in 97 and ehh they went down.
Also not sure Ange would want a huge lump up front. But if it does happen, I wouldn't blame Spurs fans for giving up on football.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
And now apparently Caicedo has decided he only wants to join chelsea. Which is nice!

I am biased, but why anyone would join Chelsea I do not know. Money is the obvious one. But that club is an utter shambles. I'd take any of the "big 6" over Chelsea. But apparently Caicedo thinks differently.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
This Caicedo thing is a ****ing farce.

Apparently it's his agent telling him to stall, cos the agent gets more money if he moves to Chelsea. Chelsea cant afford to match the package Pool have down so they are trying to interest Brighton in a few players on top of a fee. Chelsea have pulled out of signing Tyler Adams from Leeds too. That club is an utter utter shambles. Caicedo's agent is no better, even the Brighton CEO has slatted him.

This whole transfer is a ****ing mess. Wherever he ends up, he needs a new agent and Chelsea need to sort their transfer strategy out. What kinda club is left coming in with a last minute bid, after being gazzumped cos they were ****ing about, only to discover they cant afford the fee and trying to fire in a few squad players?
Will Brighton even want any of the players Chelsea offer? They would take Colvil but I doubt he is on offer. The rest……
Chances are they are on more money than Brighton can offer too so the player will be taking a pay cut. Plus, given how good Brighton are at scouting/recruitment, I suspect they would prefer 110m cash than some overrated and over paid cast off.

WHAT. A. SHAMBLES.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Liverpool finally sign a CDM…..paying 18m for a 30yr old Japanese fella from Stuttgart whose career reads….. Shonan Bellmare, Urawa Red Diamonds, Sint-Triuden and Stuttgart.

From Bellingham, Caicedo and the unheard of but promising Lavia, to a Japanese fella who doesn't fit the model Pool have worked on for years.

You can SMELL the desperation. To say I am underwhelmed would be an understatement. What's the word for being five levels below 'underwhelmed'?

lejackal

Grand Master
I mean I don't doubt Klopp will get a tune out of him, but surely there must've been someone between him and Caicedo that was available?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Would you want Hojbjerg? I always thought he was pretty good in that role, and looks like he's not getting any game time at Spurs

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Oh aye, klopp is good at finding unspotted talent. Or making average players better. But Pool have always gone for younger, cheaper, players. Partly cos they don't have the money for the top players and partly cos Klop's style require midfielders who can run and run and run. Yer man is 30. It's a big ask to learn PL footy and Liverpool's (traditional) high tempo style at that age.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Really wasn't expecting a Spurs win today, but it was a great game! United should 100% have had a penalty, but I still think we deserved the 3 points.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Just rubbish from United, desperately need a striker in the starting 11 and Mount and Bruno doesn't work. Antony is quickly turning into a flop.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Really wasn't expecting a Spurs win today, but it was a great game! United should 100% have had a penalty, but I still think we deserved the 3 points.
Liverpool had one like that last week against Chelsea and it wasn't given either.

On the MacAllister sending off, fair enough the foot was high, but there was FA force in it. It was never gonna be a leg breaker. A red card and a 3 game ban seems ridiculisly excessive. Especially when Chaoloba got Konate side on in the ribs last week and someone got Gakpo full on in the chest. Gakpo even took his shirt off to show the ref the stud marks. Both incidents are yellow cards. They can't be yellows if MacAllister is getting sent off.
But then we all know the standard of refereeing in the PL is utterly woeful and VAR is done by the same incompetent wankers.

The referees are getting worse too

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Horrible performance from us- we were absolutely abysmal from 15 mins until we got the second. Then, somehow, we pulled the result out of the bag and somehow ended up deserving the win. Hilarious that their penalty miss and penalty conceded were both players that cost 100m+. Ridiculous club. For all their possession, they didn't really create an awful lot. Got to say, Sterling looked back to his best. We couldn't live with their pace and power for a while, but they didn't do anything with it. Got a feeling, when it clicks, they will be very good.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Here's hoping it doesn't click for them. Too many new players who all need time to bed and and poor Poch cant decide which of the 97 players he has are his best options.

lejackal

Grand Master
Now I'll start this by saying we were a little fortunate to get our penalty and Palace unlucky not to get theirs, however, I've not a clue how Tomiyasu barely touching Ayew is worthy of a yellow and Ayew on Saka is not. Both players were already on yellows so we went down to ten men. Surely that's not right?

IMG_8687.jpeg

IMG_8688.jpeg

Top Bottom