Premier League 22/23 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
He was a stinker, but ehhh I give you Pogba and Sanchez at Utd.
Or Lukaku at Chelsea this season.

35m for Abramovic's Chelsea was pocket change, sadly.

lejackal

Grand Master
I mean he'll have been very well rewarded no doubt but he's pretty much wasted four of the five years (I think he was at Redding last season)

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Agreed. I think even he has admitted it was a disaster move. He wasn't asking to terminate the contract though….strangely. He was happy to pick up his whatever (a 100k at least I would assume, given he was a bit money signing) KPW salary.

Djade (spelling) Spence to Spuds from Forest looks to be done. Not seen much of him but he got great reviews in the Championship. Granted that is the Championship, and a fairly weak one at that, but he's a young attacking RB. Here's hoping, for Spurs sake, he doesnt go the way of Sessengon (Spelling, again).

lejackal

Grand Master
He played well against us in the cup but we were poor that game anyway. Being slightly pedantic I thinks it's actually Middlesbrough to spurs as he was only on loan at Forest 😉

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, I had thought that but the article I saw said Forest to Spuds.

Now talk of Spurs paying 50m for Richarlison. That looks like a superb idea lol

lejackal

Grand Master
Just once I'd like arsenal to get in, do the business early and then have all summer to prepare properly. Cue another drawn out summer with signings three weeks into the campaign

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Pepe never looked anything other than a massive mistake. Lacazzette did look half decent occasionally and Aubamayang was good……right up until he signed his contract extension. But Pepe has never looked even hakf decent, bar two or three games in the EL against some obscure part time kazakstani's.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Apparently Poch is leaving PSG, will be interesting to see where he ends up

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I suspect he'll wait for a decent job to come up. Spurs when Conte leaves, or one of the big name European clubs when they sack their manager.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Conte's not messing about, Bissouma signed apparently. And Kompany is the new Burnley manager, who just guided the biggest Belgian side to third!

lejackal

Grand Master
Hey, you missed our stellar 3 million winger from Brazil. Who realistically is probably already worth more than Pepe

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Conte's not messing about, Bissouma signed apparently. And Kompany is the new Burnley manager, who just guided the biggest Belgian side to third!
Bissouma is a great player, talk of 25m for him. That's a bargain if true. Assuming of course his sexual assault charge blows over. Otherwise Spurs have been had.

Spurs signing decent players, City and Pool spending big money on strikers and Utd......ehhh.....
If I was a Utd fan (eugh) I'd be a tad pissed off that the world and his dog know what the club needs and yet **** all seems to have been done AGAIN. I know Ten Haag isn't long in the job but it's not like he will have struggled to spot Utd need a DCM, two in fact, someone of the quality of ohhh I dunno Bissouma! Instead they flirt with Frankie De Jong, who is a decent player but ehhh not what they need, and he will probably end up staying at Barca or Utd will bend over and pay 100m Euro up front and have no budget left for anyone else. I'm a fully paid up ABU but even I get bored laughing at how badly run Utd are these days.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Like I said before nothing will change before the Glaziers sell and that's pretty much never going to happen. 5 players have left, Pogba, Mata, Cavarni, Matic and Lingard. I think I'm correct in saying that's about £50 million in wages a year. The club are saying that the squad was bloated last season. I'm taking that as Henderson and perhaps one more will go then we will sign a midfielder, a centre back and hopefully a left footed winger. No where near enough, the glaziers should be throwing the kitchen sink at this transfer window.

Interesting this DCM debate as the club clearly needs one, or has done. Ten Hag doesn't really play with one holding midfielder, he plays with a midfield 2. I'm betting he will buy a De Jong or Neves and play them next to Fred or McTomany. That's fine if you have two centre backs that aren't scared of pace and are comfortable holding the half way line. Some fans saying we're signing at least 5 players I can't see it. De Jong could end up at City as Barca want Bernardo Silva. Who knows! One things for sure, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, City, Newcastle and Villa are all having a better window than Utd so Ten Hag needs to be Harry Potter in disguise to get this group of overpaid, over entitled players any where near the top 4 next season. And if you need any more proof what a bunch of complete c###s these players are have a look at how Ralph is doing in his new job at Austria. Ok it's international football, a lot slower than the PL, but come on the way he has them pressing and the retention of possession shows me how the Utd payers refused to follow his instructions and through yet another manager under the bus. I'm not saying Ralph was the long term man for the job, but he's a decent coach with a wealth of footballing knowledge that has been wasted.

Last edited:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yep I don't understand why we never see players being sacked, why do the managers always take the hit when it's often not their fault.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Southgate finally being found out for the one dimensional coach he is and should be no where near a group of players like the England squad. I think there is only one more set of games between now and the World Cup? I may be wrong, but to give these set of players a fighting chance Southgate should be replaced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom