Palitoy Vinyl Cape Jawa Update

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
They exsist.

I saw one last year at Joiners Empire Day.

Case Closed.

and if that was fake.....game over gentleman, your MOCs are worthless.

Knew it wouldnt be long before you started the JJ appreciation chant again Grant.Would i take your viewing it as proof-no.You saw it through a glass case-pretty good being able to detect evidence from outside it,you should work at Sotherby,s. I dont need AFA proof now,as you said one existed in JJ,s collection so the must exist,just like other 'real' items there last year.

I cant wait till more of these pop out of the woodwork.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't appreciate JJ--what are you talking about????????

I saw the VC Jawa out of the cabinet.

One more strike...and your outta here!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Is this because your a major Palitoy collector who didn't notice the Palitoy find of the decade right in front of you and your blood boiled?

Is that why???? :lol:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
**** off Grant.You pretend to be something you aint,whilst sittng behind a computer.You are full of bullshit,and full of yourself.You have no bollocks in the real world.

No wonder hardly anyone takes this place seriously with cunts like you around.Its all a big game to you,and you enjoy taking the piss whenever you can-one day,that mouth/attitude will get you the ****ing lesson you need.

Sorry to derail this great thread with this,but this bloke is a ****ing waste of space.

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Can't say I want to get involved,but if I had the opportunity to aquire a Palitoy VCJ and passed, think I would be a bit furious with myself.

Happy with the few Palitoy MOC's I have left in my collection though

Palifan

Sith Lord
It's a shame this thread is starting to turn a little sour. I've been enjoying reading updates on this find and I think we shouldn't loose focus of that. It feels like there's a lot of love for Palitoy here so maybe it's best to just wait until the COA turns up and we can all get a little more info from Richard about it.

If people have any issues then maybe the PM road would be the best place for it. I'd just rather hear about VCJ as one's never been graded before and until another's discovered this really will be the only place to get any additional information on it.

A hopeful Ian :)

Joe

Grand Master
Woah guys, some seriously heavy insults flying around now - perhaps time to cool off?

Sure we can discuss this all like adults from now on.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes take it easy guys, no need to fall out over a few toys. Everybody knows that this forum's main attraction is the freedom to say what you like with minimal moderation, but personal insults are not necessary. All of the various forums have their pros and cons, so if anybody doesn't like the way this one operates, there are several others to choose from.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Lee Gregory said:
Can't say I want to get involved,but if I had the opportunity to aquire a Palitoy VCJ and passed, think I would be a bit furious with myself.

Too right Lee! There are a few guys that are quietly kicking themselves for passing on this now graded VCJ believe me!! The kind of offers the new owner is getting for it are awesome to say the least! :shock:

It's all about being happy with what you have. There is always going to be someone who has more, or has that piece you have been hunting for forever!

Yep you sure have a few gems in your collection alright mate!! 8)

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Lee Gregory said:

Too right Lee! There are a few guys that are quietly kicking themselves for passing on this now graded VCJ believe me!! The kind of offers the new owner is getting for it are awesome to say the least! :shock:

It's all about being happy with what you have. There is always going to be someone who has more, or has that piece you have been hunting for forever!

Yep you sure have a few gems in your collection alright mate!! 8)

I'm quite happy with my reseal. All I need now is a reseal large head han to go along with it.

:)

Jason

plantman

Sith Lord
if you guys dont stop it ill have to post some boobs!

chill out and when you get all the docs get some pics up in all its glory :)

sith-smith

Grand Master
I've believed the VCJ could exist as many things seem possible in this hobby so now we have concrete confirmation it doesn't really come as a surprise to me. However as I predicted this would not end the debate/argument over this. But the need to have personal attacks on other collectors is taking things a little too far. These are toys at the end of the day. Too many people have forgotten this as this hobby has become rife with greed and fakes

Following on from what others have said about people turning this piece down I was offered this piece 3 times and obviously I passed on it 3 times.

Am I angry with myself?

Well, no. I turned it down each time for justifiable reasons. First time was offered to me by one of the questionable people already mentioned. The offer made me wary of both fakes and greed so I was not prepared to take the risk with such a large sum of money they wanted. While I'm happy to pay large sums of money for my collection I'm not prepared to pay it when the price is clearly out of greed.

The second time I was still wary of it being original.

3rd I had seen it and could not see any reason for it to be resealed/fake. It looked as authentic as any of the 350+ Palitoy cards in my collection. However by this time I was still dealing with the fallout from the attack and as I was forced to move all my money had gone elsewhere and I could not afford to buy it with that slight risk that it wasn't legit (which there still was as my observation/opinion is not really that authoritative)

Maybe in the future, others will show up. The large Head Han is a good example of this. Up until around 2004 only 2 were confirmed as existing now there must be at least 6. Already we have a possible second VC Jawa

So perhaps in the future when one comes up for sale again I will be in a much better position to put the money up. I'd love one in my collection as I always wondered about the VC jawa having seen it on the death star box.

But the main thing for me is that it has gone to the right person and sits proudly in the right collection. It could so easily have gone to a greedy, unscrupulous person, yet we now can look at a fantastic collection that has taken a lot of work to achieve and in the case of the VCJ a lot of courage! And we can add something new to the star wars collecting history, which is always good.

And that is far better than just adding insult and abuse, especially when it is only toys!

So on that point, no, I'm not furious with myself. There are enough problems with this hobby at times such as the fakes/greeds and arrogance already mentioned. I do not intend to add resentment to it. I started collecting because I loved the films and loved my childhood playing with the toys. I do not collect to have the best collection, recognition or superiority over other collectors or to gain large sums of money at other's expense. They are the worst reasons to collect.

It's sad at times people seem to forget that!

phreatobite

Jedi Master
Just catching up on this, fascinating how something new can turn up after so many years. Inevitable that there would be such a furore.

I look forward to some HQ pictures of this unique item.

Badderius

Jedi Knight
Think Gary has made a superb post regarding this, lets hope more are uncovered over the years,. I for one still believe that over the next 5 years there will be some huge collections found here and overseas from people sadly passing away and gems being found locked away in storage.

However as I only collect Kenner, wtf do I know :)

Have fun, enjoy the hobby because it is a hobby!

Garry

Heith

Padawan
heres my two penneth and please bear with me cause I'm coming in from a slightly different angle :p - coming from collecting vintage action man (palitoy btw) where there is quite a number of outfits that are known only from one or two boxed examples or even just the empty box has surfaced, there are even items that although never been documented in trade catalogues have surfaced and just this week I've come across 2 sealed baggies that I never knew exsisted! and although ended early was listed on ebay so I've never had any doubt that the Palitoy VCJ didnt exsist although it may be in very limited quantities, but I do quarantee from experience it wont be the last!, another example would be the Palitoy Mego Zorro, again not many examples are known and they do go for big bucks but I had one as a kid and have got the picture to prove it :D

PGowdy

Grand Master
Palitoy78 said:
No wonder hardly anyone takes this place seriously with cunts like you around.Its all a big game to you,and you enjoy taking the piss whenever you can-one day,that mouth/attitude will get you the ****ing lesson you need.

I'm just sad to find out that no one takes this sci-fi toy collecting forum seriously. :cry:
I think i may need to reevaluate things. :lol:

escapist

Jedi Knight
its all good...

one day:

toy-Vinyl-Cape-Jawa-MOcs-Everyw-abdb07_zpsf1e78911.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom