Vectis Mega sale July 19th and 20th

maxf

Jedi Master
ScruffyLookingNH said:
jedisearcher said:
kvavik said:
i heard rumors there are now people in Dubai winning all these high graded items on ebay.

Yeah vintage Star Wars collectables fit nicely with Premier League football clubs, airlines and most of the property in London.

This is, sadly, true. That $20k graded DT Vader? I have it on good authority that it went to the Middle East.

While the notion of top tier SW stuff being casually opened and thrown onto a pile of 'grail' pieces by a crowned prince of Saudi is kind of funny, I'd bet it's more likely an IT contractor who is just enjoying working tax free for a couple of years. Or isis (#dailymail).

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
maxf said:
ScruffyLookingNH said:
jedisearcher said:
Yeah vintage Star Wars collectables fit nicely with Premier League football clubs, airlines and most of the property in London.

This is, sadly, true. That $20k graded DT Vader? I have it on good authority that it went to the Middle East.

While the notion of top tier SW stuff being casually opened and thrown onto a pile of 'grail' pieces by a crowned prince of Saudi is kind of funny, I'd bet it's more likely an IT contractor who is just enjoying working tax free for a couple of years. Or isis (#dailymail).

:lol:

sith-smith

Grand Master
:lol:

Are you suggesting ISIS is attempting to gain world domination through control of grail Star Wars pieces?

It's an interesting thought.

I might add it to my next lesson 8)

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Isis definitely won't have an equivalent of a grail as they do their best to destroy anything idolatry.

They must be big fans of U grading then!

sith-smith

Grand Master
Technically i think the holy grail is a Christian thing originally.

Now it's used a a term to describe the most sort after object.

Same with Mecca....holiest place to Muslims but used to refer to a place of importance

Or a Bingo hall! :lol:

spoons

Grand Master
Popped up to Vectis yesterday and Cathy and John were kind enough to give me a tour of the lot. Some of these have been posted before but definitely worth seeing again :)

3B6AE5B8-0C7E-4C76-BF2F-EC4E8D7696D5_zpspkzig3tk.jpg

E85E1E64-1444-487E-A2D3-AC5E5E67DE06_zps5o5fcnx3.jpg

D95035F7-AC0C-4871-888C-AD519D1870D2_zpsb7afjpvq.jpg

B244F742-51C9-4ADB-B48D-81FE1B8F038F_zpsufljiluw.jpg

140886CA-9C7F-4C4A-AF01-A053C7D3CE51_zpsl5y7qqvm.jpg

FA5E4B4A-20F0-4D2D-ADA5-88000B0ECF1D_zps31rw3hej.jpg

C9481E91-8B27-4A6D-B392-0803C70A89D6_zps4thhqx0r.jpg

970F910F-1646-469F-B369-AD1C461CE83D_zpsuj1c0lmz.jpg

Haze

Padawan
Supporter
So many Pailtoy DSC's again, makes you wonder how many boxes full were left somewhere.

Love those Meccanos but they'll go for silly money. Hopefully manage to snag something nice in between the big guns :)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
poncho said:
Where did the pali dsc stock come from?

Has all the sw beeches stuff sold now?

I had heard from an extremely reliable source that there were more boxes of palitoy Dsc. I believe that the best 24 were used in the one that sold previously so I guess these must be the rest.

My advice to anyone is that this card is rapidly becoming the palitoy equivalent of the jawa to the meccano square card world. If you want one wait it out. There are plenty about. It also helps to illustrate what a poor investment buying and grading these to resell is.

It is worth bearing in mind that no one knows with any certainty how many of any production item are out there. How many more finds will we see over the coming years and what else that is unknown will come out of the woodwork.

punk_pat

Jedi Knight
Another case load of Pali DSC!! Oh man. Yellow bubbles this time though?

Is it known whether they shall be sold in one lot of are they going to be auctioned individually?

spoons

Grand Master
plantman said:
is there an easier way to view whats going to be auctioned like a list? their site is awful to browse through

its being sorted now so what's being shown is what stuff out for valuing or has been valued - the Imperial Cruiser came out of a box as I walked around so there is still stuff yet to appear. Once sorted getting a catalogue is probably the easiest way of seeing what is there.

poncho said:
Where did the pali dsc stock come from?

Has all the sw beeches stuff sold now?

All the Beeches SW stuff has gone but other reps and staff re now realising the worth of what is in their lofts. Us Brits missed a trick as there could have been US style road trips 15-20 years ago to get some of this stuff off Palitoy staff. Would have been a lot cheaper then :)

And I think the DSCs will be sold as a lot

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom