We are Generation Skywalker - And so are you!

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Who has listened to the latest episode of This Old Fossils? What did you think of our piece on SWFUK? Is it time for a comeback? Has Facebook become too much?? Keen to know what the hardcore SWFUKers thought. @db94 Col, have you finished it yet?

Available on all Podcast platforms

And for all those people who fancy something a bit different, we've just launched the final edition of the 'Revisiting the Trailers' where this time we finally get around to talking about the Sequel Trailers and reminisce about promises made, hope and excitement, "Chewie we're home"

Another great episode mate, I knew it was going to be a good one with the guest speaker and subject matter including SWFUK so I made sure I had some quality time in my wee SW room to listen to it properly with a nice cup of coffee.

Really enjoyed hearing you chat with Gary Smith, I could listen to someone talking about Palitoy all day but have no real interest in miss cards but found it very enjoyable none the less, hallmark of a good podcast - covering subjects that are both familiar and new.

Was pleasing to hear some love for the forum and the genuine feelings of nostalgia that were coming though in the comments from you all. You summed it up beautifully and I completely agree - SWFUK is the best resource for information and community, sure activity will continue to increase as people remember why the spent so long on here originally.

I can spend a couple of hours on FB and it feels like I've binged on junk food, sitting down and enjoying the forum feels much more substantial, a good hearty healthy meal that's set me up for the day.

Last edited:

Jez

Sith Lord
Just started listening to this today- not listened to a podcast for absolutely ages.
Oh no pressure then! I hope you find it tolerable. Please check the first post in this thread for some more info. We delve into lots of areas.
Thank you

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Oh no pressure then! I hope you find it tolerable. Please check the first post in this thread for some more info. We delve into lots of areas.
Thank you
Used to listen to TVR and GS podcasts religiously, mate. Just got out of the habit, for various reasons. Jealously watched the vintage unboxing vid the other day on YouTube :ROFLMAO:

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
@Jez have listened to most of this episode now. Really lovely to hear such genuine love and positivity towards SWFUK. It does sadden me a little that so many people have abandoned forums, in place of FB. FB is almost like an addiction- FOMO is really powerful and it becomes all consuming. Not great for mental wellbeing. I went back on FB last night and had had enough after 10 mins!

Completely different vibe on here, much nicer place to be IMHO, just wish more of the old guard would come back more often- it's worth the effort. If they all posted on here with the regularity that they post on FB, this place would be absolutely buzzing again. We seem to get a steady flow of new people, which is great, but inevitably lose a lot of these to FB, mostly due to sales.

Jez

Sith Lord
@Jez have listened to most of this episode now. Really lovely to hear such genuine love and positivity towards SWFUK. It does sadden me a little that so many people have abandoned forums, in place of FB. FB is almost like an addiction- FOMO is really powerful and it becomes all consuming. Not great for mental wellbeing. I went back on FB last night and had had enough after 10 mins!

Completely different vibe on here, much nicer place to be IMHO, just wish more of the old guard would come back more often- it's worth the effort. If they all posted on here with the regularity that they post on FB, this place would be absolutely buzzing again. We seem to get a steady flow of new people, which is great, but inevitably lose a lot of these to FB, mostly due to sales.
That's great to hear. Thank you for listening.
Check out the back catalogue, it's mega.

UKS

Jedi Knight
Listening to the ROTJ episode and heard Jez reference the Whiteladies road cinema in Bristol. Well, it's still there! Or more appropriately a few years ago was reopened after being shut nearly twenty years, as an Everyman. It's my local screen and I used to live 30 seconds away.

I personally saw ROTJ at a flea pit in south Bristol called the Gaiety.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Nice to hear it's reopened. I saw ROTJ in Cheltenham Odeon, which has long since disappeared. Last film I saw there was the ESB Special Edition.

Jez

Sith Lord
Great to have you guys listening and contributing. We're going to be recording a couple of 'committees' soon. It would be great to have a SWFUK partial takeover for a couple. Do any of you want to join in? Really simple concept. Give one a listen. I think we'llbe doing one on top10 ROTJ Toys and another on Figures soon. Let me know.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter

Funny you should say that Andy, I've just turned FB off and it's like a breath of fresh air.
I have more time, don't care what's being listed for sale and don't miss the drama or dick swinging.😳 ( and there is certainly too much if that)
I totally understand that's the place for sales (I've not sold anything on here for years and yes I do list stuff here, but it normally does on FB ) but this place just feels so calm it's like a mellow coffee rather than a Expresso.
If the old school members came back here to chat and still used FB to sell it would make a huge difference and that would be infectious to all.
I would also like to thank @Jez for the exposure he gave to the forum on the last show and hopefully this can continue.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Funny you should say that Andy, I've just turned FB off and it's like a breath of fresh air.
I have more time, don't care what's being listed for sale and don't miss the drama or dick swinging.😳 ( and there is certainly too much if that)
I totally understand that's the place for sales (I've not sold anything on here for years and yes I do list stuff here, but it normally does on FB ) but this place just feels so calm it's like a mellow coffee rather than a Expresso.
If the old school members came back here to chat and still used FB to sell it would make a huge difference and that would be infectious to all.
I would also like to thank @Jez for the exposure he gave to the forum on the last show and hopefully this can continue.
Nice one, Nick! Amazing what a difference it makes, isn't it?

Carl Waterworth

Jedi Master
I must admit a certain group on fb banned my mate because he thought a moderators actions was harsh by banning someone else for whitening a wampa,

my mate is new to collecting and probably dosent understandi the big deal in tampering, but for a mod to ban him on saying he was being harsh imo is a massive over reaction and power trip.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I must admit a certain group on fb banned my mate because he thought a moderators actions was harsh by banning someone else for whitening a wampa,

my mate is new to collecting and probably dosent understandi the big deal in tampering, but for a mod to ban him on saying he was being harsh imo is a massive over reaction and power trip.
Kinda sums it up, really.

Jez

Sith Lord

Facebook groups and the power trippin admins! Some of them are awful. Some of them don't practice what they preach either!!

Jez

Sith Lord
Blimey it's been a few months, and we've had some awesome content, if I may say so myself!!
THE COMMITTEE : VINTAGE RETURN OF THE JEDI TOYS - A discussion, debate on the best Vintage Star Wars from ROTJ
FARTHEST FROM CHRISTMAS 2023 PREVIEW - Have you listened to this yet? It'll make you want to go to Farthest From
RANDOM HOUSE WORD PUZZLES ORIGINAL ART BY KEN BARR - Craig and friends discuss their recent collaborative win at an auction.
THOSE OLD FOSSILS : GUIDE TO PALITOY : PART 1- Dan along with Dave Tree, Jon Aves and snippets of Craig give Part 1 of their 3 part Palitoy special. 1978-1979
THOSE OLD FOSSILS SPECIAL : DARKSIDE ALLIANCE - Hot off of the press, I interview the 2 owners of Darkside Alliance, one of the most successful Facebook pages dedicated to selling Vintage Star Wars. On this they hint at what they'll have on their 6 tables at Farthest From!!

Available on Amazon Music, Spotify, Alexa, Apple, you name it!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom