Today on Facebook...

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
I'm selling a Fender amp on eBay and some guy asked me what Fender was? :? Bit like asking what Star Wars is

That guy clearly doesn't need a guitar amp, or indeed should he be allowed anywhere near a guitar for not knowing what a 'Fender' is.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
chipsteak said:
Elsewhere on the very same pages, apparent collectors will be asking what 'Palitoy' means.

Yes it's slightly worrying that people are so incredibly lazy these days that they use Facebook to try and answer their questions rather than a search engine

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
People are unbelievably lazy, I follow a general 'for sale' Facebook page in my local area, people post the most bizarre questions, like "does anyone know what time McDonalds opens"... why is that quicker or easier than using Google? :roll:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
It's amazing that someone would want to enter into any hobby and not want to read all there is about it, but ( I'll assume a minority ) of newcomers on FB are just like that. I got called a 'keyboard warrior' the other day for stating this opinon elsewhere. :lol:

stormcab

Sith Lord
People literally just want to look at pictures and hope all the info is in them. I posted a couple of things on Instagram recently with the description that I was in Hong Kong. I got "where is this?" and something about "random this being in the UK".

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
Apologies for the non-SW nature of this post, but... I help out with a local(ish) dog rescue charity who are usually put out calls for all kinds of assistance via FB. This is an organisation stretched to breaking point with employees/volunteers working all hours, but people seem to think they can get in touch via FB and it's down to you to chase them up. You get posts such as:

"Do you have a charity shop near me?" What am I? Yellow Pages?

"I want this dog. Please reserve it for me" usually followed by "Why didn't you reserve this dog for me?" when the dog was rehomed a week or two later and said 'interested' person hasn't even picked up the phone or visited.

"I'm interested in this job. Can you call me with more details?". Er, no. If you're really interested you'll demonstrate your interest by sending a copy of your CV or calling for more information.

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
peekaygee73 said:
Apologies for the non-SW nature of this post, but... I help out with a local(ish) dog rescue charity who are usually put out calls for all kinds of assistance via FB. This is an organisation stretched to breaking point with employees/volunteers working all hours, but people seem to think they can get in touch via FB and it's down to you to chase them up. You get posts such as:

"Do you have a charity shop near me?" What am I? Yellow Pages?

"I want this dog. Please reserve it for me" usually followed by "Why didn't you reserve this dog for me?" when the dog was rehomed a week or two later and said 'interested' person hasn't even picked up the phone or visited.

"I'm interested in this job. Can you call me with more details?". Er, no. If you're really interested you'll demonstrate your interest by sending a copy of your CV or calling for more information.

Priceless !!!! :lol: :lol:

chipsteak

Jedi Master
Supporter
I think there's a lot of relative newcomers to the internet whose introduction was via a Facebook app on their phone. I'm not sure they even know there's a www full of well laid-out information. That's kind of to be expected, sadly, but you'd think fans of a sci-fi franchise, especially, would reckon there might be websites about it.

indianawars

Sith Lord
It appears that I'm not missing out on much with these FB groups.
I almost feel sorry for some of these guys... They've probably paid three times as much for their collections than what they're really worth.
As Obi-wan said, 'Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?'

ewok13

Padawan
I know that auctions can possible get out of hand when it comes to the final price of an item, but today I saw on a facebook group that a beater wampa (Almost no brown paint on nails, and yellowed) was put up, with a starting price of £9 approx. (It was in danish currency). Even the starting price was almost too much. Now it has been bid up to £36!! Facebook WTF!

poncho

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
tiefighterboy said:
and some of these guys make fun of eBay prices.

Again, a facebook phenomenon. Misrepresentation by certain groups means some people are terrified of eBay, as everything on there is either fake or expensive.
there loss our gain i say :)

Top Bottom