Today on Facebook...

scott82

Jedi Knight
poncho said:
Ive got a spare loose imcomplete mint chewie. I should it whack it on facebook and charge a fortune! Mwahaha

Ive heard of these special loose facebook edition chewie figures...... they're worth about a million quid aint they? :lol:

andygo

Padawan
Yep, it's insane.

Those super mint loosies that came from my mate's father-in -law that I've been selling at Farthest From for between 8 and 20 quid could probably have bought me a small island on facebook !!!!! :)
...but....most of them went into permanent collections where they'll be treasured and I got them at a good price so all good.... rather that than increase the madness !

One (probably the only) thing to come out of the facebook revolution is that it has shaken some reasonable harder to get items out of the trees...

Both the Toltoys and Kenner cardboard Death Stars I have came from Facebook sellers over the last couple of years, and to be honest, I didn't pay much more for them than I would have back in the day, as they were always fairly pricey anyway. There's been a few bits like that if you are patient and out for specific additions.

What has gone totally insane is the budget items for the £10-£50 bracket buyer and high AFA stuff. The first is annoying for people trying to build, say, a loose run or something where they're paying 'facebook tax' on stuff that used to be the entry level. As for the AFA stuff.... I just don't get it... even if it does come with an X ray, paying monstrously extortionate prices in order to obtain a sticker sharing someone's opinion who's probably been in the game less time than I have doesn't compute.... :)

.... I remember when you couldn't give tri-logos away... !! :) :)

maxf

Jedi Master
Prices are generally crazy - I understand the temptation to jack prices up as high as possible, but it's an incredibly short term view unless you're cashing out completely.

But, it's not just Star Wars - all manner of collectables have the same thing going on.

scott82

Jedi Knight
Every vintage line is the same, not just vintage for that matter i see a lot of toys from 00s that are going up to stupid prices, i looked at taking a break from SW to focus on one of the other lines i collect but they're just the same, average loose figures and run of the mill carded ones that used to go for a reasonable price are getting unobtainable for genuine collectors to get. :(

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
maxf said:
Prices are generally crazy - I understand the temptation to jack prices up as high as possible, but it's an incredibly short term view unless you're cashing out completely.

But, it's not just Star Wars - all manner of collectables have the same thing going on.

Very true. I've been trying to find a Masters if the Universe MOC for a mate for his 40th. He's not a collector but I thought it would be a pretty cool gift. Not a chance. You can't find one for less than £100, even for the crap characters no one remembers. And He-Man or Skeletor are £600+!

Transformers is the same. Sale I was at last week showed you couldn't get a nice one for less than £120. It's not just here, it's everywhere and everything from "our era". I guess every generation has to put up with it, it just so happens we're one of the first in this new dawn of hyper-connectivity and the global market place.

Edit - Scott beat me to it :)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I hope all the sealed computer games I paid peanuts for over the last decade are the next thing to rocket. Maybe I need to create a Facebook group :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
Anyone able to tell me when Klaatu became a £50 MOC? Am I missing something?

I paid over £50 for mine. It's a kenner Canada. Not sure which on but it has the round bilogo offer. I think I paid £60 for it.

I would pay probably pay £50 for a fluffy skirt ledi klattu loose if it was complete and in nice condition.......

lejackal

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
lejackal said:
Anyone able to tell me when Klaatu became a £50 MOC? Am I missing something?

I paid over £50 for mine. It's a kenner Canada. Not sure which on but it has the round bilogo offer. I think I paid £60 for it.

I would pay probably pay £50 for a fluffy skirt ledi klattu loose if it was complete and in nice condition.......
At least there is something different about them, I don't get the standard 65 Palitoy's and Kenners offered at £50/£55 - surely they are £30 ish any day of the week?

lejackal

Grand Master
Nick_IoW said:
lejackal said:
At least there is something different about them, I don't get the standard 65 Palitoy's and Kenners offered at £50/£55 - surely they are £30 ish any day of the week?

Between £10 and £30 at the last FF ;)
I know, if there's one show I need to get my arse down to.....

tobedesu

Jedi Knight
It seemed the average price of a Leia poncho has gone up £10 in a couple of months.
At least the last 3 I was bidding on...and backed out when it got that high.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
It's called Echo Base. It's actually one of the better FB groups and a lot of guys on here are on there. However, even the better groups have their fair share of crazy prices.

Latest posts

Top Bottom