Today on Facebook...

ODB

Jedi Master
It appears to be handbags at dawn on Echo Base as the accusations of high prices and price gouging are flying round. Its OK though as they seller says he sells high end stuff only and the money is reinvested into the hobby. I don't know whats more stupid that logic or the people defending him.

lejackal

Grand Master
The justification of someone else saying certain high priced items go to serious collectors not bargain hunters made me laugh, still been back on there for a day and have managed to bite my tongue thus far

lejackal

Grand Master
Although that said I did try and persuade someone his price was fair after he was told he should be charging £600plus for an unused contents imperial shuttle.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Yeah. I had to say something to the prick who thinks you have to buy the absolute best to be a serious collector.

Being a serious collector has nothing to do with what you own or what you spend. To me, it's about time and effort invested within the hobby you love. I feel I have a reasonable working knowledge of some areas of the hobby that I will never own a piece of. I have great interest in them, and will read, research and talk to those who know about what I am interested in.

There's a truckload of knowledge out there. And best of all, it's all free!!!

Hooch

Jedi Knight
Mr-shifter said:
I feel I have a reasonable working knowledge of some areas of the hobby that I will never own a piece of. I have great interest in them, and will read, research and talk to those who know about what I am interested in.

or you could charge a 'great Echo price' :lol:

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Handbags indeed.
I put one of my carrier bag's on there just for a bit of sport.
Naughty me :lol: .
I have too much time on my hand's for once, funny thing with all the drama I didn't get a name and date message :lol: .
Might pop up my first shot Amanaman shortly :twisted: .

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
I agree , guy put his shuttle on for £400 , plus postage and fees works out around £436 , I said I would take it as other ones have sold between £375 and £500 minus fees , then everyone jumps on the wagon saying under priced .

Of course the guys backs down and removes it , i be had enough of FB , starting to leave the groups

Crazy and piss poor for the hobby !!! :twisted:

MarkG

Jedi Master
lejackal said:
Although that said I did try and persuade someone his price was fair after he was told he should be charging £600plus for an unused contents imperial shuttle.

Our very own Steve Obi Wan missed out on that shuttle due to people saying it was too cheap... if the guy was happy to list it for £400 then it should have sold for that.. people are more than happy for someone to miss out on a deal yet can't say anything if something is overpriced !! Although I think a new rule about that has just gone up..

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
steve obi wan said:
I agree , guy put his shuttle on for £400 , plus postage and fees works out around £436 , I said I would take it as other ones have sold between £375 and £500 minus fees , then everyone jumps on the wagon saying under priced .

Of course the guys backs down and removes it , i be had enough of FB , starting to leave the groups

Crazy and piss poor for the hobby !!! :twisted:

I noticed your claim buddy.
Rules are rules aren't they.

poncho

Grand Master
I nearly bought a cheapish loose variant for £10

Some guy chimed in saying seconds if it fall through and said what it was and was too cheap. To be fair the guy came back to me with a realised price.but it was rich for me at that time.

The guy should of researched it first imo before listing. To him it was a normal figure he wouldnt of known it was a unique. If it were me i would of sold it at the price i stated even if i found out it was a htf variant at time of sale.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
Mr-shifter said:
Yeah. I had to say something to the prick who thinks you have to buy the absolute best to be a serious collector.

Being a serious collector has nothing to do with what you own or what you spend. To me, it's about time and effort invested within the hobby you love. I feel I have a reasonable working knowledge of some areas of the hobby that I will never own a piece of. I have great interest in them, and will read, research and talk to those who know about what I am interested in.

Step aside and let the big boys play then. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Glad echo has got you guys talking :D :D :D

Anyway if any of you are near Redditch on Saturday

drop in to Echo Live!!!

Load of tables, loads of Vintage, hopefully loads of good price vintage.

Need anymore info drop me a pm.

Cheers

Paul

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I just saw one of the mods in a group raise the sale price of a £10 loose figure to £15. I'm all for stepping in if a newbie is getting shat on by some greedy c**t or somebody has no idea what they have, but when bog standard common as muck loose Jedi figures become subject to price policing, it's all getting a bit too big brother for me. It's amazing how a tiny bit of power goes to some people's heads.

ODB

Jedi Master
edd_jedi said:
I just saw one of the mods in a group raise the sale price of a £10 loose figure to £15. I'm all for stepping in if a newbie is getting shat on by some greedy c**t or somebody has no idea what they have, but when bog standard common as muck loose Jedi figures become subject to price policing, it's all getting a bit too big brother for me. It's amazing how a tiny bit of power goes to some people's heads.

Surely the correct thing would be to advise the seller either privately or publicly of his mistake rather than just the price? I take it they will be automatically lowering prices as well?

lejackal

Grand Master
So previously a "enter rebel base name here" price is now not acceptable as too low? and now a "enter rebel base name here" price is actually 10-30% above Ebay to allow resellers a margin?

Latest posts

Top Bottom