Seahawks Showcase

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
During my goal to get the first 12 carded run that I completed recently, I also stumbled upon a few 21 backs I couldn't resist. Since then, I've been on the lookout for reasonably priced 21 backs and over the course of the last few months, finished the next 8. While I'd love to have a Boba Fett 21 back, I'm a realist and know that his price is way out of my league, so don't plan on getting him unless I win the lottery. Plus he wasn't in the original Star Wars (I don't count the Special Edition) so that helps with my reasoning. :)

Anyway, the last figure I needed was Luke X-Wing. Fortunately, there is a store that just opened up near me and low and behold, they had a very nice one. I went in and traded in several items to help offset the cost. Just like my first 12, some of these are far from mint (bubble damage, one pop cut, etc) they still look great in their GW Acrylic cases and I couldn't be happier. Very stoked to have the first 20 now on Star Wars cardbacks!

IMG_7286.JPG

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Thanks fellas. I photo my figures in the scene and tinker a bit with Photoshop to try to make it look a bit realistic. I'm sure many think I'm nuts, but it's a good excuse to get my toys off the shelf and out of boxes and get a chance to enjoy them. :)

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Most of my childhood figures have been stuck in a box for many years. I would pull them out occasionally to reminisce, but didn't put them in my main display case in favor of their more mint counterparts.

Well, boxed no more. I decided to proudly display my childhood first 21 together. Big thanks to Iain Sanderson over at GW Acrylics for the tier and figure stands that arrived today.

IMG_7749.JPG

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Pomse2001 said:
Looking great mate 8)

Thank you!

---

So my Dropbox account set all my pictures to private and I can no longer share them, so I went in and updated all of my posts in this thread that have pictures so they are visible again. S

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Childhood Figure Limelight

AT-ST Driver "Getting his ass kicked since 1984"

I have owned one and only one AT-ST driver in my lifetime, and that is this guy from my childhood. The middle image is a picture I took when I was 10 years old. As you can see, he is getting beat down by a couple of Ewoks. The image on the right is one I created with my oldest daughter last year. Needless to say, he is about to go flying courtesy of 'ol Chewie.

This old boy has been through quite a bit over his lifetime, but still standing tall. :)

AT-ST Driver.jpg

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Went to my folks yesterday to celebrate their 50th anniversary with them. They found a box full of family pictures, many of which I've never seen before. In the process of going through them, I came across this set of pictures from my birthday in 1979. Pretty cool to have photographic evidence of where my obsession began. :)

IMG_8161.JPG

IMG_8162.JPG

IMG_8163.JPG

IMG_8164.JPG

IMG_8165.JPG

IMG_8166.JPG

Seahawks

Jedi Knight
Snaketibe said:
Great photos, but what a fantastic T-Shirt! :)

lol - thanks man! I have plenty of pics where I'm wearing ridiculous looking shirts, but my folks definitely got this one right. :)

Here is the list of what I found while studying the pictures. I'm 90% confident that the last couple of pictures is me opening the Falcon. It makes sense as I've had it as long as I can remember (I actually did a full restoration of it a year or two ago).

Thanks for letting me share my trip down memory lane. These photos go right up there as the most cherished of my SW collection.

SW Toy ID.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom