Retro gaming new acquisitions

lejackal

Grand Master
7375E53D-1BC9-483B-8B3D-99DF1D67915E.jpeg

There it is, the (potential) end of my GameCube - wish me luck!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well chuffed with this, a brand spanking new Japanese "Model F" Game Boy Pocket. It even still has the original unused batteries, and the box etc is crisp. Got it from Australia for about the same amount that used ones usually sell for 😊

IMG_3324.jpeg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks, it was really cheap as well, cost me half as much as my regular French copy did from ebay.fr about a decade ago! I guess nobody on eBay UK wanted a French copy, and didn't spot the sticker/manual

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I almost certainly overpaid for this, but had to have it when I saw it on eBay. It's an official refurbished Nintendo NES which comes with the original paperwork (sadly missing the controllers and games mentioned on the inventory list, but I could always replace those easily enough.) If you can't read the small text, somebody sent this away for repair in 1996 and Nintendo sent back the console with new cartridge connecter and external shell, and new power supply and RF cable. Also it has a new 'refurb' serial number on the bottom, I have a Game Boy with the same type.

IMG_3423.jpeg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This is incredibly boring but I am chuffed to bits with it :ROFLMAO: back in 2018 I bought a brand new Sega Saturn from eBay, but it was missing the power supply, and they are Sega branded rather than just being generic like most others. I've been looking for one for 5 years, but my eBay saved search finally came up trumps last week, and this unused one cost me just a tenner to complete my console set 😊 I often think about giving up on my saved searches, I've got loads that never turn up anything, but this just goes to show they can pay off with patience!

sega-saturn-pal-11.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
I often think about giving up on my saved searches, I've got loads that never turn up anything, but this just goes to show they can pay off with patience!

View attachment 181746
I know what you mean- I have a saved search for my local rugby club - proper grass roots level, just on the off chance. It's turned up one rugby shirt and one fixture list in something like 8 years, sadly eBay's algorithm change means I now get spammed daily with links to beer mats and pint glasses 🤦‍♂️

Nice find by the way!

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes I regularly have to amend my saved searches to get rid of things like posters, mugs etc

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I've been picking up some Super Famicom games recently, I love the box art on these. I've got the 3 Star Wars games somewhere, will have to dig them out!

IMG_3523.jpeg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This is a bit of a gamble, they've been going for crazy money recently (£500+ in working condition) so I picked up this clean but non-working one for £200 last week. I'm going to send it to the guy who does all my console mods and see if he can get it going, I figured if it costs less than £150 to fix I've still done well. Will update later!

IMG_3531.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom