Retro gaming new acquisitions

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Cheers Edd. Just bought a second one of those chips things, along with CD version of swiss to boot up from.. for under £6 on ebay.
Ah nice, yes there are a few different ways to boot Swiss, I just chose the Wind Waker option as I already had it :)

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
My latest additions to the retro gaming collection. Will do a separate thread with my collection so far and update there with latest addition.

First 2 NES games I have so far.
20230308_153808.jpg

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Another couple of NES games turned up today.

20230309_145506.jpg

Also had a boxed Super Gameboy arrive but had to return to sender due to not disclosing the discolouration on the back. On the hunt again for another one.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Nice! I have also started putting together a very small NES collection, but only a handful of games. I never had one as a kid, but my neighbour did and I played on it sometimes.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Last one from me this month I think, spent way too much!!!

Super Gameboy SNES adaptor. Had one of these as a kid. Bit of a nostalgia buy as well as going into the SNES collection.

20230320_154838.jpg

lejackal

Grand Master
This is where I got all my GC roms from:

You need 3 things - the SD2SP chip with an SD card of games, a Gamecube memory card with the software on it (called Swiss) and a legit Zelda Wind Waker disc to boot from. You can buy memory cards with Swiss on it for about £15 on eBay, or if you already have one you're welcome to post it to me and I'll copy it on there for you.
Does this happen to make the GC region free, or do I need a different MOD? Or even just a Jap console?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Does this happen to make the GC region free, or do I need a different MOD? Or even just a Jap console?
I don't know about actual game discs, but yes for disc images from the SD card you can play any region

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Awesome- just need to figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if the Swiss disc I bought is just a duff
I think @Gadders had the same issue, it's because the GameCube can't play copied discs/DVD-Rs without a mod chip (does the Swiss disc you bought have a blue underside?) So you will need to use one of the game based exploits if you don't want to install a chip

lejackal

Grand Master
I think @Gadders had the same issue, it's because the GameCube can't play copied discs/DVD-Rs without a mod chip (does the Swiss disc you bought have a blue underside?) So you will need to use one of the game based exploits if you don't want to install a chip
Silver. So I guess I need to get Swiss on my memory card and get Zelda ghen

Gadders

Padawan
I can't remember what i was doing wrong, but i was missing one part of the jigsaw.
I have a spare of the little card you put in the bottom slot of the Cube, which you can have for free @lejackal if you need that - just DM me your address.
On top of that, I needed the memory card with zelda save, and Windwaker original game disc.

In fact, i think i was trying to use it all with the Swiss disc, rather than Zelda disc.

lejackal

Grand Master
I can't remember what i was doing wrong, but i was missing one part of the jigsaw.
I have a spare of the little card you put in the bottom slot of the Cube, which you can have for free @lejackal if you need that - just DM me your address.
On top of that, I needed the memory card with zelda save, and Windwaker original game disc.

In fact, i think i was trying to use it all with the Swiss disc, rather than Zelda disc.
Thanks mate- I've got the SD card holder and card with games, as well as the Swiss disc. Rather than get Swiss on a memory card and then buy Zelda (or whichever other game from the list) I've ordered the chip to hard mod the GC. Time to break out my not used in 20 odd years soldering skills 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom