Retro gaming new acquisitions

lejackal

Grand Master
D9827922-8551-43D4-A4DB-8725CA39CBB4.jpeg

Got these the other day, both complete with manuals and unbroken cases. I actually wanted Virtua Golf but discovered it was never released 🤦‍♂️

lejackal

Grand Master
I've started collecting N64 CIB games this must include the cartridge bag. I kept the 3 Star Wars games from my original gaming days and added Battle for Naboo to complete the Star Wars set. Then decided to add games I owned back in the day and now decided to add games I wanted but never got….slippery slope this is. lol. Can't believe how reasonable they still are, it's like collecting MOC in the early 00's.
They look in great shape!

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
If anyone is looking to sell PS3 games please send me a list with prices. Looking to boost the collection (currently have around 200 titles). Doesn't matter is they are UK/US/JAP.

lejackal

Grand Master
How much entertainment can you get for 35 quid? This much apparently:
BCFDCBC0-C5A6-4451-A548-B764A320C884.jpeg

I don't normally pick up disc only bundles as most of the time the games are crap and the discs are fooked but I've wanted Gauntlet for a while and seeing as it's now a 30-50 game on its own I thought this was too good of a deal to pass up. As an added bonus the discs are super clean!
A803D8DD-B979-4FE2-A377-F9EEC7CEE802.jpeg

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Last year Sega released the Astro City Mini which is a tiny version of the famous 90s Astro City arcade machines (I remember Sega World being full of them.) What I didn't know until a couple of weeks ago was that they also released a full size arcade stick to go with it! As soon as I saw these I wanted one, but they were sold out everywhere. I found a seller in France on eBay with some, and due to the shipping cost it was almost the same price to buy two, so... 😊

They really are incredible! The joystick and buttons are genuine Sanwa which is what real arcade machines use, and the housing is HUGE (photo next to a Neo Geo joystick for scale) and made of metal! They are USB so work fine with my PC, so have been playing some Capcom games. Best thing I've bought for ages!

IMG_2677.jpeg

IMG_2676.jpeg

lejackal

Grand Master
Last year Sega released the Astro City Mini which is a tiny version of the famous 90s Astro City arcade machines (I remember Sega World being full of them.) What I didn't know until a couple of weeks ago was that they also released a full size arcade stick to go with it! As soon as I saw these I wanted one, but they were sold out everywhere. I found a seller in France on eBay with some, and due to the shipping cost it was almost the same price to buy two, so... 😊

They really are incredible! The joystick and buttons are genuine Sanwa which is what real arcade machines use, and the housing is HUGE (photo next to a Neo Geo joystick for scale) and made of metal! They are USB so work fine with my PC, so have been playing some Capcom games. Best thing I've bought for ages!

View attachment 179066

View attachment 179065
So do you need the mini AND the stick, or does the stick have built in games?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So do you need the mini AND the stick, or does the stick have built in games?

No the stick is just a USB controller, it works with the Astro Mini but also some other USB consoles (although apparently it doesn't work with PS or Xbox for some reason)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Impulse buy today in CEX, usually these are a horrible yellow colour (especially for discounted price) but both the console and controller are nice and white! Sonic was in good condition too with manual and a decent non-broken case. I already have a DC console and a few games but they're all new/sealed, so have never actually played it :ROFLMAO: now I can!

Attachments

• IMG_2690.jpeg
    IMG_2690.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 38

lejackal

Grand Master
Love the DC, first console I bought with my own money. I'm actually looking at putting a GDEMU in mine.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I modded my Gamecube last week to load game roms from an SD card. Optical disc drive emulators for other consoles such as the Dreamcast and Saturn are expensive, but this one is under £3! It's also really easy to fit unlike most others, just connects in the serial port underneath, no soldering etc. :cool:

IMG_3017.jpegIMG_3016.jpeg

Gadders

Padawan
I modded my Gamecube last week to load game roms from an SD card. Optical disc drive emulators for other consoles such as the Dreamcast and Saturn are expensive, but this one is under £3! It's also really easy to fit unlike most others, just connects in the serial port underneath, no soldering etc. :cool:

View attachment 179720View attachment 179719
Ooh that looks interesting Edd.. what else is needed to get games working from an SD card? Gonna order myself one of those ... ordered!

I've recently replaced my Amiga A500 floppy drive with a gotek drive and can now play Amiga games off a USB stick.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This is where I got all my GC roms from:

You need 3 things - the SD2SP chip with an SD card of games, a Gamecube memory card with the software on it (called Swiss) and a legit Zelda Wind Waker disc to boot from. You can buy memory cards with Swiss on it for about £15 on eBay, or if you already have one you're welcome to post it to me and I'll copy it on there for you.

Gadders

Padawan
This is where I got all my GC roms from:

You need 3 things - the SD2SP chip with an SD card of games, a Gamecube memory card with the software on it (called Swiss) and a legit Zelda Wind Waker disc to boot from. You can buy memory cards with Swiss on it for about £15 on eBay, or if you already have one you're welcome to post it to me and I'll copy it on there for you.
Cheers Edd. Just bought a second one of those chips things, along with CD version of swiss to boot up from.. for under £6 on ebay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom