Premier League 23/24 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I didn't see the Trossard incident so can't comment. Pool definitely more likely to drop points. If City win their next two I cant see them dropping any points for the rest of the season, bar maybe cos they rest everyone for a big CL game. Or if their game with Spuds is at shite hart lane, City's record there is poor.

I saw chunks of Utd Everton. Dear god that was two **** teams, playing bad football, badly. Utd barely got out of second gear, but I guess 2 up ( I missed the start) you don't really need to. Everton are DIRE though. They have NO CLUE what to do in the final third. They don't cross until the chance is gone and when they do the cross is shite, they take 57 touches when 1 will do and their strikers have all the killer instinct of a ****ing Care Bear.
The first Utd pen looked very solid in real time, though the replay, from the crowd side, looks like there was minimal contact. Mind you, why the feck Tarkowski dangled his leg I do not know. He almost deserved to concede a pen for that alone.

lejackal

Grand Master

Looking at it he looks like he's gone down quite easily but although this is a contact sport, it's not a contact round the neck sport.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
This was given earlier in the season no where near as bad as last night. And then you have the Liverpool goal that was ruled out for blocking. Don't forget the offside goal that City got right at the start of the season.

Attachments

• IMG_1075.png
    IMG_1075.png
    220.3 KB · Views: 14

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
City get a shocking amount of decisions in their favour. The goal against Fulham where yer man is stood RIGHT in front of the keeper but apparently not interfering with play. The pen against Wolves a couple of years ago where it hits yer man's side and arm pit (none of which is below the shirt line and thus not a pen) but they get a pen.
Still, not as if they have ever won a title by a single point so none of these decisions really matters.

And that Trossard one is weird. He definitely has him by the neck, so I guess it should be a foul and thus a pen. I'm not sure if Trossard would get to the ball, but I have no idea if they consider that or not. Strange defending all round. Did the Ref/VAR spot it/okay it?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah they reviewed it and said play on. No it doesn't matter if he can get to the ball or not, which I think is also ridiculous.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It never comes down to the big games, it's always a surprise result against Luton or something that decides it

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
I give up. VAR continues to be a blot on the game. What's the offside rule now? Who knows?! Burnley player basically juggles the ball with both hands, whilst facing the ball = no pen? Joke.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Can someone tell me how that Doku tackle wasnt a penalty? He boots MacAllister in the chest clear as day. Ref 6 feet away says 'play on'. VAR say 'no problem cos he got the ball first'. Ehh since when has that mattered? Does that mean if someone is going to head it clear and I fly in two footed but 'get the ball first' that the fact I kill him afterwards is fine?
No, of course it doesn't. It's dangerous and reckless. Pretty sure booting someone in the chest counts as that?
Curtis Jones got the ball first earlier in the season against Spurs and his was a red. There was no intent, nor was there with Doku, but it was a red.
Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a free and probably a yellow, but in the box is fine?

I don't want to sound like "one of those" fans but if that is anyone other than City, or was Nunez on KDB, that's a penalty all day long.

Still, it's not like we've ever seen City win the title by a point….twice.

Am I being biased here, or is that a shocker?

lejackal

Grand Master
Can someone tell me how that Doku tackle wasnt a penalty? He boots MacAllister in the chest clear as day. Ref 6 feet away says 'play on'. VAR say 'no problem cos he got the ball first'. Ehh since when has that mattered? Does that mean if someone is going to head it clear and I fly in two footed but 'get the ball first' that the fact I kill him afterwards is fine?
No, of course it doesn't. It's dangerous and reckless. Pretty sure booting someone in the chest counts as that?
Curtis Jones got the ball first earlier in the season against Spurs and his was a red. There was no intent, nor was there with Doku, but it was a red.
Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a free and probably a yellow, but in the box is fine?

I don't want to sound like "one of those" fans but if that is anyone other than City, or was Nunez on KDB, that's a penalty all day long.

Still, it's not like we've ever seen City win the title by a point….twice.

Am I being biased here, or is that a shocker?
I thought penalty after seeing the replay.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Was a penalty, and I bet if it was the other way around Man City players would have gone mental along with Pep on the side line.

Going to be some title race now, I see Aston Villa still have to play all the top 3.

What stood out for me in the City game was how much Liverpool dominated City in the second half through sheer tempo. If Liverpool show that intent and tempo next Sunday it will be a blood bath.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, getting the ball first made no difference to Romero's two suspensions

Latest posts

Top Bottom