Non League Football Chat

chiffy

Sith Lord
Just thought i'd make this section as we have members who support Luton, Gateshead and Alfreton as well as my shower, the mighty mariners and maybe some others wanna come out of the woodwork in embarressment and admit their love for their local team instead of the Prem armchair supporters.

So i'll start. Is anyone gonna beat us before we lift the Championship? Looking at our stats are pretty good. Unbeaten in 12 games, best goal difference, least goals conceded, taken 15 out of 21 points off the next 6 placed teams in this league and not lost to any of them, lost once away in 11 months. Who wouldn't be confident to say with 16 games left we are heading back to the football league :roll:
Oh and toboot we are in the semi finals of the Mickey Mouse FA Trophy.

OK WE ARE PRETTY INDESTRUCTABLE :lol:

I know how quickly things can change though but i expect there's only Wrexham that are going to be upto the challenge. Mansfield are destroying everyone they play at the moment but have only faced pub teams. When they play the likes of the play off contenders they will come undone. That, aswell as others, have games in hand which could change the league standings but that means winning all of those games AND Grimsby losing them. The way we are going at the moment it's hard enough to score against us let alone beat us so doing that 3 times shouldn't happen if we are to maintain top spot. Luton will win the play offs in my opinion. Over 1 final which they've lost over the last couple of seasons they will this time have the fire power to go all guns blazing beating Wrexham again.
I also think it's about time we had this tinpot league changed to the next tier of the football league as there are better supported clubs with better resources down here. Some of the crowds in this league have been bigger than games as high as the Championship crowds on certain games. Lutons home crowds are awesome for this league altho they seem to get let down by performance but keep coming back for more. Away from home they have the best following aswell, followed by ourselves. AT LEAST GIVE US ANOTHER PROMOTION PLACE!!!
I must also comment on the good side of being non league aswell. Cheap admission (especially for the kids), cheap food n drink, good banter amongst both sets of supporters bar a few, non seggregation at certain grounds, even smoking allowed inside the stadiums! Oh and the most important thing....STANDING!!!
Anyone got any opinions?

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
I do go and see good old Nuneaton Town whenever I can... but £14 for entry and that doesn't get you a seat :eek:

Believe it or not (and I know there will be a few on here that claim there isn't a difference in football quality anymore :lol:) I can go and watch the Villa for £23

chiffy

Sith Lord
Oooh oooh we're playing at Nuneaton tomoz if the game is on m8. I'll let you know if i'm coming over to buy you a pint even if youre not off to the game, just depends if i can get off work early enuff and of course if the weather holds out at your end.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hey Chiffy Great Idea!

I agree with much that you have said!

One thing that can be said tho if you look at yourselves and your other promtion rivals namely the Welsh Clubs then you havent scored as many as them and if suddenly the goals dry up a welsh club could pip you to the post and then as we know the Playoffs can be a real lottery. Going for FGR and Mansfield along with Newport and Wexham forthe playoffs and for Mansfield to win it!

As for relegation well it still could be any 4 of the bottom 10.

My 4 are Ebbslfeet, Barrow Telford and Gateshead (Sorry Richard :( )

My club Alfreton are a bit of mix bag On our day we can beat anyone look at Home 4-3 win v Newport home 3-0 win v Luton one of the best performances it the clubs history. But when we are bad just look at the 0-3 home defeats to Nuneaton, Hereford and on Saturday v Woking WTF was Law doing playing his son out of postion in midfield he is one of the best right backs in the league for sure.

If we play to our potential a top 12 finish is very possible

We all know tho that Alfreton are punching waaay above our weight :D

Hyde score buckets full of goals and have a good GD so should be safe

And I think that teams like Tamworth and both Lincoln and Stockport who are big clus will have enought to stay up!

Sorry to rabbit on :lol:

silver grin

Sith Lord
Supporter
chiffy said:
Oooh oooh we're playing at Nuneaton tomoz if the game is on m8. I'll let you know if i'm coming over to buy you a pint even if youre not off to the game, just depends if i can get off work early enuff and of course if the weather holds out at your end.

It should be on mate - there's snow on the ground but nothing to stop a game of football. Don't think we're predicted anymore either.

****... I'd be well up for a pint but i'm taking the wife out for an early Valentine's dinner! Not sure if I can convince her that a trip to a BSq game is romantic :wink: :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
One of my best mates at Uni was a big Cambridge United fan. I went along with him to watch a few of thier games (both Bristol teams away in the league and the LDV Semi second leg away to BC) that was a long time ago now but I still keep an eye out for thier results. Not as easy now they have dropped down the leagues, think they were League one then.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Maybe I should start supporting the mighty U's!
Supporting them can't be as depressing as supporting ruddy Liverpool!

chiffy

Sith Lord
Hey Weaz as daft as it sounds a bit backwards, Liverpool are my 2nd team lol. Grimsby's game at Braintree was called off so luckyly for me the last game i went to was when the reds beat Norwich 5-0 a few weeks ago so i seemed to choose the best game of the recent tripe eh? Weird how they looked worldbeaters away at City tho :?: Anyways, off topic, this is gay, non league **** so back on it please :mrgreen:

Richard_H

Grand Master
No way will Gateshead go down! Look at their games in hand. We just haven't recovered from 2 promotions in 2 seasons yet. 5th bottom and I'll be happy.
Too much money in the BSP at the moment for my liking...

chiffy

Sith Lord
I'm surprised the heed havent gone under yet the amount of home games called off is ridiculous mate! All that lost revenue, players and staff to pay whats going on anything sorted?

Richard_H

Grand Master
Yeah, playing games at Durham afc which is a plastic pitch. Fortunately we don't have a lot of expenses and the owner has a little dosh.

Richard_H

Grand Master
And that's why Gateshead will stay up. Now you may see a 1-0 defeat but that's not really the story. Forest Green have money, a good team and really should have the automatic spot. All score at half time, a solid performance all round.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
After Nuneatons very late comeback Barrow who now loook doomed Tuesday game between Alfreton and Nuneaton wwe lose that one and we are dragged in the relegation dogfight big time :|

chiffy

Sith Lord
Cc4rhu said:
And that's why Gateshead will stay up. Now you may see a 1-0 defeat but that's not really the story. Forest Green have money, a good team and really should have the automatic spot. All score at half time, a solid performance all round.

I dont understand why Forest Green should really have the automatic spot m8? The table doesnt lie. We've beaten them. We are top. If we shouldnt have it at present then please explain to me why, just because they have beaten Gateshead, that they should have it?

Richard_H

Grand Master
I meant should have it on paper. they've thrown a tonne of money at their squad but haven't made the progression they should have.
of course the table doesn't lie and Grimsby deserve to be top.

chiffy

Sith Lord
Ah ok sorry bud i misunderstood so went all defensive cos' i'm sick of reading on forums how we shouldnt be top because we are **** lol. Hey, i'm allowed to call us **** but i go watch them, nobody else is!
Off to Dartford on Saturday with a 3 goal cushion then Wembley :mrgreen: Already booked 3 rooms to stay over for the final.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom