SWFUK Fantasy Football 22-23

lejackal

Grand Master
It just means if you played it last game week, not if you played it any time before week 7. It's not brilliantly written

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So it's just tough **** if you had an entire squad of players from those six teams? Not that far fetched.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So what's the deal with this gameweek's postponement between Arsenal and City? Like many people I have six Arsenal and City players. Do I have to use my free hit to avoid having six players with 0 points? Or will I get those points for the postponed game back at some point? :unsure:

lejackal

Grand Master
I think you get them on the rearranged fixture, so either sub out or rotate the bench I guess. I'm humped as well

lejackal

Grand Master
Plus who would've bet on Shar and Anderson getting more points than Haaland and Cancelo

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah there's going to be a lot of low points tallies this week! None of my Arsenal players did well either. I made the genius decision to swap out Sa for Sanchez too, 13 points lost there :mad:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Another question! Does anybody understand the substitute rule? As you can see Hojgberg didn't play because he was injured and not in the squad (well after the transfer deadline, he wasn't even showing an injury during the match.) As you can see I have a midfielder in my substitutes. So... why hasn't he been automatically substituted in? As usual the official rules are uselessly unclear:

But if one or more player doesn't feature they may be automatically substituted. This makes ordering your substitutes correctly important.

If any outfield player doesn't play, he will be substituted by the highest-priority outfield substitute who played in the Gameweek and doesn't break the formation rules. (For example, if your starting XI has three defenders, a defender can only be replaced by another defender.)

So does this mean a substituation would only occur if my midfielder was in position 1, or am I reading it wrong? How the **** is that fair if so, you've got to guess which player/position will get injured!?

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 08.33.24.png

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
@lejackal have you given up after one week at the bottom :ROFLMAO: I was there for over a year!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 14.35.49.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-05 at 14.35.49.png
    125.8 KB · Views: 28

lejackal

Grand Master
I made it too hard for myself trying to not select Spurs players and for not accepting points gained vs Arsenal. Just generally not feeling it 😂

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well that definitely is a downside of fantasy football, it's pretty much impossible to play it without sometimes choosing players you don't like or score against your team

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
After one of my best weeks, just had one of my worst ever :cry: what really stitched me up was subbing in a player on negative points, surely they shouldn't do that!? Anyway luckily most other people did pretty badly too

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 08.14.29.png

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I realise I'm talking in an echo chamber because @lejackal gave up a while ago, but I'm pretty happy finishing in fifth considering I was rooted to the bottom for 90% of the season. Finished just outside the top 10% overall, and got nearly 400 points more than last season. I had a terrible start due to picking too many Liverpool players who had a slow start. I learned that while luck is a huge part of it, the main trick is looking ahead and utilising double game weeks for your bench boosts etc, something I was oblivious to last season.

Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 07.46.04.png
Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 07.45.54.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom