latest film/ dvd you have seen

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I've seen a trailer and thought it looked dung. The one review i've seen was 2 stars (out of five). Happy to give it a miss

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
A host of my circle of friends have now seen Superman/Batman and all have said watch it if you want, but not on their recommendation... hardly a glowing review...
To be honest, I didn't fancy it as I dot really like the Superman or Batman franchises that much anyway and not having the comic-book knowledge to back it up I don't understand why they would be against each other, aren't they both meant to be good guys???

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
SAVORY100 said:
I don't understand why they would be against each other, aren't they both meant to be good guys???

Yeah, that's the bit i don't get. As far as I can figure it, some genius in Hollywood has decide if they make a film with both Batman and Superman in it then they'll make double the money. No need to worry about trivial details like plot or the like. :roll:

stormcab

Sith Lord
weasel said:
SAVORY100 said:
I don't understand why they would be against each other, aren't they both meant to be good guys???

Yeah, that's the bit i don't get. As far as I can figure it, some genius in Hollywood has decide if they make a film with both Batman and Superman in it then they'll make double the money. No need to worry about trivial details like plot or the like. :roll:

It's a comic book story, so it's going to make very little sense, and will make up all sorts of **** to progress the story. A girl I know who is into comics said "it's the best comic book film I've seen, and if you're a hater, you don't get comics". I don't get comics, so will give it a swerve and order via Lovefilm.

Just been to the US, and on the plane caught up on several films.

Legend - 5/5 yawn, felt very plodding, Kemp brothers one was more enjoyable. Looks like the special effects was struggling when having them both on screen. Back to The Future 2 did this successfully 27 years ago, it shouldn't be this much trouble now.

The Big Short 9/10 - excellent, and left me furious and scared

The Martian - 8/10 liked it better than I thought I would

Steve Jobs - 8/10 again liked it better than I thought I would, well done for making a film about the content

Bridge Of Spies - 6/10 didn't see what all the fuss was about. It tried to be serious about the cold war, but felt too Disney with the approach

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
well 9 months after seeing it at the cinema, I've finally re-watched Jurassic World. Back in June I rated it well and still think it was a good little action film. One thing though that really stood out on the small screen was just how violent it is... actually quite shocking!

x-pack

Grand Master
SAVORY100 said:
well 9 months after seeing it at the cinema, I've finally re-watched Jurassic World. Back in June I rated it well and still think it was a good little action film. One thing though that really stood out on the small screen was just how violent it is... actually quite shocking!

Yes! This is a violent movie. Considering its a kids film (sort of) some bits were jaw droppingly nasty ways to go, and mostly for innocent people. Still not as good as JP3 which makes me laugh out loud every time I see it

Clawrence

Jedi Knight
Watched "Norm of the North" with the kids the weekend....what a crock, terrible animation, unfunny and unoriginal
Give it 2/10 and that only because the Lemmings were quite funny....letting out farts now and again :D

sith-smith

Grand Master
Saw Horrible Bosses 2 yesterday.

Was actually quite funny. And Jennifer Aniston looks hot as a sex addict!!

timbo72

Sith Lord
Watched "Gone Girl" a while back. Slow burner but quite disturbing really with an ending that left me feeling quite uneasy...............strange film, gripping, good acting and not what you expect at all. Worthy of a watch

x-pack

Grand Master
CaptainAntilles said:
straight outta compton - not as good as i thought it would be

true romance - would recommend to anyone that has not seen it

True Romance is one of my all time favourites. Classic 90's movie.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Dead pool - great movie, plenty of laughing out loud, loved it!

MM Fury Road - decent, can't really understand how it got so much love at the oscars but what do they know :lol: , liked the 'real' special effects a lot, it's a nice departure from cgi based films, story was very dull and what was Tom Hardys grunting all about? The original MM had a speaking part didn't he? :D

Batman v Superman - a confused film trying to do way too much, feels like 4 or 5 films mashed into one. Makes the Marvel post film Easter eggs look genius, I mean trailing the Justice League toons by finding them on a data stick? Is that the best they could do? Thought Affleck was pretty decent, Lex was more like Son of Lex and was pretty terrible, and Wonder Woman got a good introduction. I've got a high tolerance for crap films so I thought it was passable, but I'm not surprised many people thought it was a dud.

sith-smith

Grand Master
On a deeper note, my girlfriend made me watch testament of youth, a WW1 movie.

She promised me there would be war scenes and battles etc....nothing! About some woman who got into university and her reactions to the men in her life dying in the war.

Total Chick Flick

x-pack

Grand Master
Scott said:
x-pack said:
Eyes wide shut

If there are any Kubrick fans I need to discuss this film :shock:

I thought it was underrated when it was released. But years later it is very respected. Same with Barry Lyndon. :)

I haven't got round to a second viewing but will do soon. Eyes Wide Shut had me gripped. It was kind of hypnotic, like a dream. On the surface you've got a hot couple having relationship struggles, she either intentionally or not makes him jealous, then he goes on a two night bender of bizarre sexual encounters during which he doesn't actually have sex with anyone, which is quite funny. That in itself was brilliant but I have a feeling there's more to it.

Just got myself a copy of Barry Lyndon so don't tell me anything. I have an idea what it's about. Even if the film sucked and I hated the story I know it will be visually stunning with such an amazing director. The reason I picked this up is because it's referred to in The Shining documentary Room 237 as "the work of a bored genius". in fact that's also the reason I picked up Eyes WIde Shut, because it's constantly referred to in that documentary.

sith-smith

Grand Master
weasel said:
How did she cope when you dumped her? :lol:

As it happened she fell asleep and i ended up watching the whole thing and had to explain it to her!

Still, earnt enough points to get her to watch star wars next time!

Latest posts

Top Bottom