scratch repair on DVD

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guys have any of you tried to repair or remove a scratch on a DVD ?

Some on the internet say use toothpasta, that did not work it got a lot more scratched :rolleyes:

Then I read about a machine called SkipDr CD & DVD Motorized Disc Repair System have any of you tried it ? does it work ?

or have any of you any other idea how to repair it ?

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
We had a PC Game shop that had a machine that could repair scratched dvds. Think it skimmed them, removed top layer usually fixing any problems.

lejackal

Grand Master
Toothpaste does apparently work, but I've not tried it - and I imagine technique and application count for a lot. As Colin said you can find shops that do free this service (game exchange type places most likely).
I'd probably only pay for the service if it was a disc that was hard to find, and I'd probably only buy a machine if I had multiple discs to repair (or wanted to start a side hustle)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Toothpaste does apparently work, but I've not tried it - and I imagine technique and application count for a lot. As Colin said you can find shops that do free this service (game exchange type places most likely).
I'd probably only pay for the service if it was a disc that was hard to find, and I'd probably only buy a machine if I had multiple discs to repair (or wanted to start a side hustle)
thanks so far I have found 2 that works fine when I play them, but I want to rip them so I can keep them on my pc. But my pc say they are damaged so I can't rip them. I have also tried to make a copy of them on my pc, but the copy does not work correct when I play it. It is dvd recordning i did meself years ago, not something I can buy and replace.

Latest posts

Top Bottom