Farthest From VII

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
pizzathehutt said:
ANY PICS?

I'd love to come to one of these one day and meet the gang but its a bit of a trek for me to come to from the big smoke :(

https://www.facebook.com/mr.jason.smith/media_set?set=a.10152898681995149.1073741884.652110148&type=1&l=b95b0a21cd

Looks like you all had a blast! 8)

spoons

Grand Master
naughtyjedi said:
All i can remember about the quiz is providing loads of answers on the vintage collection round and richard ignoring them. Thats the only question i got right... But would have scored us points... If someone had paid attention!!!!!

Oh yeah.. And there was that question on vintage collecting which I 'spooned' out of literally nowhere ;)

You have LOM to thank for that :wink:

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
As a relatively new member of the forum it was with some trepidation that I chose to go to FF at all; I am not naturally the most sociable of people and didn't know anyone from the forum, so booking the meal on Saturday night was certainly something of a leap of faith. But, I am so glad I did; everyone was really welcoming and it really is a cracking Star Wars community event.

I have a fairly modest collection that I have been lucky enough to own since childhood and most of the guys have forgotten more than I know about the hobby but that didn't seem to matter. There's no one-upsmanship (well except perhaps when it comes to R2 pop-up sabers!) and the people that I met and spent time with on the Saturday night and throughout Sunday were really great, genuine people whom I hope to see again at future events.

I purchased a handful of loose vintage figures for my 4 year old son (my first vintage purchases for 30 years!) which I'll probably give him for Christmas and was even very kindly gifted a Vader (thank you very much once again) which is currently clenched tightly in my sleeping boy's hand as I type this.

I'm already looking forward to FF8 - if you have any doubts about coming to this event, just put them to one side; you'll have a blast.

Martin.

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Great post Lom,

especially this bit...

Lom said:
which is currently clenched tightly in my sleeping boy's hand as I type this.

They are a good bunch and make anyone feel welcome (except when they post on RS). Glad you took the leap of faith :wink:

Jez

Sith Lord
Awesome weekend. But maxed with work so will have a proper catch up review etc later in the week.
Two points for now though;
Once again, thank you Dave T, you rock.
My secret Santa, whoever you are, thank you; your presents were perfect, even the wife said so! Photo up tomorrow, of the presents not the wife!

David Tree

Jedi Master
Lom said:
As a relatively new member of the forum it was with some trepidation that I chose to go to FF at all; I am not naturally the most sociable of people and didn't know anyone from the forum, so booking the meal on Saturday night was certainly something of a leap of faith. But, I am so glad I did; everyone was really welcoming and it really is a cracking Star Wars community event.

I have a fairly modest collection that I have been lucky enough to own since childhood and most of the guys have forgotten more than I know about the hobby but that didn't seem to matter. There's no one-upsmanship (well except perhaps when it comes to R2 pop-up sabers!) and the people that I met and spent time with on the Saturday night and throughout Sunday were really great, genuine people whom I hope to see again at future events.

I purchased a handful of loose vintage figures for my 4 year old son (my first vintage purchases for 30 years!) which I'll probably give him for Christmas and was even very kindly gifted a Vader (thank you very much once again) which is currently clenched tightly in my sleeping boy's hand as I type this.

I'm already looking forward to FF8 - if you have any doubts about coming to this event, just put them to one side; you'll have a blast.

Martin.

thank you Martin, those are very kind words :)

if anyone fancies leaving a review of the show on Facebook, that would be awesome as it all helps on the visibility of the show in peoples feeds :) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Farthest-From-The-UK-Star-Wars-Retro-Toy-Show/583316165029365

Also, if we did an evening meal/ event for each show, would that be good? bad? indifferent?

SublevelStudios

Sith Lord
I'd certainly be up for coming down for a meal the night before, with the view of booking a hotel and making the weekend of it. Judging by the pics the evening segment was a blast. I'd love an opportunity to sink a couple of beers whilst talking vintage Star Wars.

Count me in.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
If you don't dave, I will just organise a curry anyway so if it benefits ff then go for it. Last time before there were 21 people that went for a curry so it gives you an idea of viability.

How about doing something with the raj next time? I will gladly help with the organisation if it makes life easier.

x-pack

Grand Master
Can you do curry Dave? I reckon everyone likes curry and if we went for a meal out it would be a curry. Just do a massive pot of curry, some rice and poppadoms in the town hall. Simples :)

Mmmm Curry! :D

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Medevial banquet. Just throw hunks of meat on the tables and get the beer wenches in. Salad for Rich obviously. We can pillage Daves shop afterwards.

Jason

spoons

Grand Master
some more photos of the main event

http://s122.photobucket.com/user/spoonsnorton/slideshow/FFVII

16_12_14016_zps39929a04.jpg

16_12_14013_zpsad0d02de.jpg

16_12_14012_zps9991915a.jpg

16_12_14011_zpsae4f665d.jpg

16_12_14010_zps47ea504c.jpg

16_12_14009_zps861aa560.jpg

16_12_14008_zps886251fa.jpg

16_12_14007_zps7f3bf050.jpg

16_12_14006_zps6393ea64.jpg

16_12_14004_zps692831b8.jpg

16_12_14003_zpse88c37fd.jpg

16_12_14016_zps39929a04.jpg

SOJ

Sith Lord
x-pack said:
Can you do curry Dave? I reckon everyone likes curry and if we went for a meal out it would be a curry. Just do a massive pot of curry, some rice and poppadoms in the town hall. Simples :)

Mmmm Curry! :D

And some smash and peas for Richard

David Tree

Jedi Master
Sorry it has taken a while, but here are the show pics, as mentioned, it was a blast :

FarthestFromVIIa_zps21d7251b.jpg

FarthestFromVIIb_zps5ed2c4a0.jpg

FarthestFromVIIc_zps087505a4.jpg

FarthestFromVIId_zpsd386f596.jpg

FarthestFromVIIe_zpsc137f18f.jpg

FarthestFromVIIf_zps6f09693d.jpg

FarthestFromVIIg_zpsa39f9ff6.jpg

FarthestFromVIIh_zpsdcb5202b.jpg

FarthestFromVIIi_zpsfebdaecf.jpg

FarthestFromVIIj_zps33f124c0.jpg

FarthestFromVIIk_zps927b0287.jpg

FarthestFromVIIl_zpsb06cb25e.jpg

FarthestFromVIIm_zps92d16f5c.jpg

thanks again to all who came and supported the show, helped out and made this the best one yet :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom