PLEASE ARCHIVE - For Sale - Kenner Han Solo Bespin Outfit 41D Back Reseal - Still Available. Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - Now Sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
For Sale - Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 1st Issue - SOLD

£165 + postage

- Payment is via PayPal. If paying as a goods payment, please add 4.0% to the combined cost of purchase plus postage. If paying in a currency other than pounds sterling, please add 4.5%

- Postage within the UK will be by Royal Mail. Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm next day costs £11.15. 48 Hour Tracked delivery costs £9.95. 1st Class Signed For delivery costs £7.49. 2nd Class Signed For delivery costs £6.69; the buyer can choose which service they prefer.

Please note, Royal Mail prices changed on 01/04/23. I confirm the prices listed above are at the new rates.

- This will be sent very well protected to ensure it reaches you in the same condition it leaves me. I always pack items as I would wish to receive them myself.

Description:

This is a Palitoy Imperial Attack Base playset in good condition overall. The playset is complete and in good condition, with all parts and pieces present and in working order. The instruction leaflet is also present and is in good condition, but does have some slight discolouration (see photos). The original inner packaging is not present, however the playset will be sent with cardboard pieces acting as a makeshift inner packaging between the playset and the box to prevent punctures happening during transit. It will also be sent inside a DC deflector display case.

This is an example of the 1st issue Palitoy box of this playset; the box does not have the Bounty Hunter tokens printed on it, like the later issue had. The box itself has good colours, and is in fair to good condition, but has been carefully repaired / restored, with several small corner tears being glued with PVA glue. Two larger rips in the box have also been repaired with PVA glue and reinforced on the inside of the box with acid-free archival paper which has been glued in position with more PVA glue. One of these paper-reinforced repairs is on the reverse face at the bottom right-hand corner (see the 3rd, 12th and 13th photos), and the other is at the bottom of one of the end flaps (see the 6th, 14th and 15th photos). Additionally, there are multiple rubs, creases and other marks typical of a playset of this age (see photos).

All in all however, despite its flaws, the playset box still displays very well indeed and was happily in my own collection for many years.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Thank you and good luck!

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 01.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 02.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 03.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 04.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 05.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 06.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 07.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 08.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 09.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 10.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 11.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 12.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 13.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 14.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 15.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 16.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 17.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 18.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 19.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 20.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 21.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 22.jpg

Palitoy Imperial Attack Base - 23.jpg

For Sale - Vintage Kenner Han Solo Bespin Outfit 41D Back Reseal / Restoration

£130 + postage

- Payment is via PayPal. If paying as a goods payment, please add 4.0% to the combined cost of purchase plus postage. If paying in a currency other than pounds sterling, please add 4.5%

- Postage within the UK will be by Royal Mail. Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm next day costs £11.15. 48 Hour Tracked delivery costs £9.95. 1st Class Signed For delivery costs £5.39. 2nd Class Signed For delivery costs £4.69; the buyer can choose which service they prefer.

Please note, Royal Mail prices changed on 01/04/23. I confirm the prices listed above are at the new rates.

- This will be sent very well protected to ensure it reaches you in the same condition it leaves me. I always pack items as I would wish to receive them myself.

Description:

This is a vintage Kenner Han Solo (Bespin Outfit) 41D-Back reseal / restoration. The card is unpunched, the colours are good and the card is flat (see photos). The cardback, bubble, figure and blaster are all vintage originals. The footer is a custom one made from a vintage Star Wars cardback. The tape holding the blaster is modern non-yellowing archival tape.

The figure has been expertly resealed to its cardback and some damage to the litho repaired. A small area of the green litho behind Han inside the bubble at the top left (a vertical strip approximately 5 cm long and 0.5 cm wide) and also a similar small part of the silver racetrack next to it have been repaired using litho donated from other vintage Star Wars cardbacks (see photos). Additionally, a small area of litho at the top of the bubble that lifted when the card was originally opened has been glued back in place (see photos).

There was also some damage to the top of the card where a hole had been punched clean through the card from the back to the front below the hanging tag at the top of the word 'STAR'. This has been carefully repaired and restored by gluing it back together, and then carefully using tiny amounts of fine-tipped black pen to restore the look of the original litho around the repair (see photos). Additional tiny amounts of fine-tipped black pen have been used on small areas of the black lines beneath the bubble to better blend in the joins and give a better end result (see photos).

There is some light creasing to both the front and back of the card, along with some other marks and shelf-wear (see photos). Some of these marks and creases do not show up very well in flash photos, so I have also taken some additional photos without flash to try to capture them.

All in all, despite its flaws, this reseal displays extremely well and in my opinion would make an excellent addition to any collection.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Thank you and good luck!

Han Bespin Reseal - 01.jpg

Han Bespin Reseal - 02.jpg

Han Bespin Reseal - 03.jpg

Han Bespin Reseal - 04.jpg

Han Bespin Reseal - 05.jpg

Han Bespin Reseal - 06.jpg

Han Bespin Reseal - 07.jpg

Han Bespin Reseal - 08.jpg

Han Bespin Reseal - 09.jpg

Han Bespin Reseal - 10.jpg

Han Bespin Reseal - 11.jpg

Han Bespin Reseal - 12.jpg

Last edited:

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Imperial Attack Base now sold.

Kenner Han Solo Bespin Outfit 41D Back Reseal / Restoration still available.

Thank you.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Can't believe this Han has not sold, it's a great price and a super piece I already have a decent version of this, or I would have been in there like a shot at that price

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Please archive this thread. I have started a new one listing a Slave 1 and have added the Han Reseal to that thread, since it is still available.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom