Willow Series - SPOILERS!!!

lejackal

Grand Master
Early thoughts, (caution, moaning ahead)

The world looks too clean - maybe I need a bit of a rewatch of the movie but this just feels a bit too clean and crisp.

Warwick- we all love him as Wicket and as Willow circa 1987, however this feels a bit like he's acting as him, rather than as the character. Maybe he never could act?

Please don't shoot me down too bad for treason but I'm struggling with this a bit on first viewing!!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I saw the first 2 episodes last night. I think they were great. But the monsters is not something I have seen in the world of willow before so I must admit I thought it was a little strange first. I also thought oh no will Willow be a lesbian tv series when I saw Kit Tanthalos kissing Jade Claymore, I hope it was just a very friendly goodbye kiss. Great to see some of the dwarfs from the movie back in the series (y)

lejackal

Grand Master
Just watching some more of this and I think it's biggest problem is the fact it's called Willow. If it was a generic sword and sorcery series it would be fine, okay, non offensive. The humour in Willow the film came from Madmartigan and the brownies, Willow himself was pretty serious. Maybe this is Warwick playing Warwick, not Willow. I'm so annoyed that I'm never t massively loving this, and for some reason, unlike the catastrophic SW sequels, I can't let it go without a bit of a grumble.

Is anyone else watching this? Thoughts?

jayums

Jedi Master
The tone of the show is just really odd. I appreciate it must be difficult to make a show that appeals to nostalgic adults and young teens, but the humour is jarring. I like the idea of a light hearted fantasy show that doesn't take itself too seriously, but it's just very clumsy. One or two characters should be light relief, not the entire ensemble. The love interests don't work either because of the poor writing and lack of character development. its not clear why they should all be that into each other, or why their relationships should be more important than, you know, the actual quest (which nobody seems that bothered about).

The last episode 5 was a real stinker and lost me entirely. The bone reavers just had to be noble savages (like the tusken raiders in boba fett) and everybody takes truth serum as a lazy plot device to explain their motivations. Lame.

Last edited:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Watching the first episode now, not going well as I'm browsing the forum at the same time. Where the fcuk is Willow and yes all above of what I've seen. It's a cross between Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, Zelda and hunger games. WTF

Pomse2001

Grand Master
The first 2 episodes was ok, but after I saw episode 3 and 4 then everything got wrong, garbage. When you touch something like willow from the 80s and make a new series then you do it with respect. I do not see disney made this series with respect for lucas great work in the 80s. The series is totally destroyed (n)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom