Andor! SPOILERS ALLOWED

jayums

Jedi Master
Andor was great, not so many "member berries" (love that expression used earlier in the thread) but obvious pains were taken to fit this story into the timeframe just prior to ANH... for example the moustaches and sideburns on many of the Imperial officers were really reminiscent of the 1977 movie style.

Really great show. Loved Andy Serkis in it too.

d.
Yep it absolutely gave me 1977 vibes - It felt very Star Warsy to me. More so than anything else produced so far by Disney. I thought the first episodes were plodding so maybe this put people off (along with kenobi and fett both being dreadful) but it developed really nicely. My only gripe is that Andor himself is perhaps the least interesting character in the whole thing, arguably because you know where he ends up.

Last edited:

jayums

Jedi Master
I don't think Star Wars output should necessarily be straight jacketed into a cannon universe. What you get is endless 'member berries and boring films constrained within a timeline where you know the ultimate outcome of everything. Everything SW since the OT (and arguably PT) has been fan fiction of a kind.

I quite like the idea of different writers and directors making what they want out of the source material. I'm cool with the tone and style of this show being very different to others and not feeling like they have to make it fit in. Star Wars is multigenerational so I think it'd be a lot better to have different shows geared towards different audiences rather than one size fits all.

Last edited:

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
agree … Star Wars is not just for the purists, it for all generations, good bad or indifferent the more the merrier for me !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom