Willow Trailer!

lejackal

Grand Master
For the geniuses amongst you you'll realise that this isn't Star Wars but it's cut very much of the same cloth imo and holds a special place in my heart as the first cool film I watched at the cinema…..

lejackal

Grand Master
Note the word cool in the above, the first actual film I remember seeing was Care Bears the movie 🙈🤣

lejackal

Grand Master
I mean objectively looking at a film you grew up loving is tough and not something I'm about to do. I did, and still do, love it though. Up there with Star Wars at least but please do take a look and let me know what you think Jeremy!

Palifan

Sith Lord
I'm the same as Jeremy with not ever seeing Willow (or at least I can't really remember seeing it), but I'll definitely give it a go as I know it has a fanbase and the trailer looks interesting.

Ian

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Add me to the 'Never Seen Willow' list.
It seemed to be a poor man's Hobbit/LOTR, which didn't really appeal.
I'll definitely check it out before the new series starts though.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Looks fun. I must admit however, that I've never watched the original film. I take it I should? :)
Believe me, you haven't missed much…😔
I re watched it a few years ago and didn't make it to the end before I hit the "stop" button.

James1977

Padawan
I really like(d) Willow. Its very Star Wars adjacent as has been said in terms of nearly all the characters, but in a fantasy as opposed to sci fi way.
Effects are still fairly good (as good as anything in the SW prequels?) Warwick Davis is great considering it was his first lead role, Val Kilmer at his best, Jean Marsh chewing up the scenery. I even like the Brownies. But then I never minded the Ewoks either. I'm looking forward to this one

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Add me to the 'Never Seen Willow' list.
It seemed to be a poor man's Hobbit/LOTR, which didn't really appeal.
I'll definitely check it out before the new series starts though.
Yes check it out, it is a great movie. I saw it the first time in the early 90s and have seen it many times first on vhs later on dvd :cool:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Brilliant movie, definately in my top 20. I'm very nostalgic like that though🤣

welshwookie

Jedi Master
Supporter
I think I recognise that scenery, Morlais Quarry and Ponsticill as Warwick was our way last year filming.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom