Andor! SPOILERS ALLOWED

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Done.

Loved it- was so different to what we're used to. The production quality, acting etc was superb.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Done.

Loved it- was so different to what we're used to. The production quality, acting etc was superb.
Totally agree and even the music was completely different than what's come before. I had a feeling that this one would start with a slow build, which is why they maybe dropped the first 3 episodes tonight, to hook people in. It'll be interesting to hear what the other SW fans think as it's not hugely in the SW universe right now and might put some off but it's just what I've been waiting for.

We've already got Mando for a more pure SW style and I think there's more than enough room in this universe for this type of thing.

Hopefully it will continue to build :)

Ian

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Watched the first episode tonight, really enjoyed it, can't wait to watch more! As said the production is great and back to proper character focus within this universe which is the secret for a great story for me.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Really enjoyed it, absolutely love that it's not dripping in member berries. So refreshing to see the Star Wars universe without tripping over the usual aliens and tech

TheJabbaWookie

Sith Lord
Really enjoying it. Tony Gilroy's writing is very different to the majority of Star War's creators. My understanding is he's not a Star Wars fanboy so is not afraid to do it differently and doesn't feel the need to pay homage to the characters and treatments of the OT. By all accounts his rewrites saved Rogue One and that's my favourite Star Wars venture of the Disney era.

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Watched all three now and really impressed. The acting is superb, and the fact this is a backstory to the main character in regard to rogue one ( which was a superb offering ) only makes it better for me.
another case of SW with a twist and for me it works as it's not trying to emulate the OT, it's doing it's own thing, superb in my opinion

UKS

Jedi Knight
I'm enjoying it - The vibe seems to be "right" for Star Wars. A WW2/Western feel. I like the fact all the bad guys are not always Stormtroopers. They were supposed to be the elite!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I thought the first two episodes were ok but nothing special but the third episode was superb. I'm into this now and looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Damn, this show is so good! I really enjoyed ep.4 and can't quite get over how good the acting is. The SW elements are really coming into play now but this looks better than the prequels ever did. Even the costumes are excellent and I love the new Tarkin type Imperial. I also love how all the high up Imperials are British and they're really embracing this from the OT.

This really is all could have hoped for so far from this show and just hope it keeps building :)

Ian

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Yep, the quality of the acting, combined with the character development are not something we're really used to in SW. Really refreshing. The production design is on another level.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I was not that happy about episode 1 and 2 but episode 3 got much better and episode 4 is the best so far, I guess I missed some imperials 😂

But I still think Disney changes something that they should not do. The empire as I have always seen it, is a racist empire for only white humans and they do not like other aliens, black humans etc. etc. Ok Thrawn from the comics and books is not human but the emperor see something in him that other officers do not see. So it feels strange to see Black humans in the empire in this series :unsure: Also the Pocket Lark that the rebel drinks from looks to much our world to me :unsure:

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Starting to really get into this now after Ep4.
This series is the very definition of 'a breath of fresh air', after all the crap we've been served up lately.

Heads above anything else we've been given on D+ SW (admittedly a low bar after the atrocious BOBF/Kenobi).

The acting, cinematography and the 'slow-burn' build up are great. Also fantastic to see all the Brit actors, which give the proceedings a sense of gravitas.

Admittedly, I'm kind of missing the more fantastical aspects of SW (e.g. more aliens), but I'm sure we'll see more of those in future episodes.
Also, I agree with Pomse about seeing black actors serving in a supposedly fascist organisation. Just seems a bit off to me, but that's a small nitpick.

Overall, I'm really looking forward to see where this series is going.

lejackal

Grand Master

14D6CAD2-118C-47DE-8D2D-CBD820CF8B83.jpeg

For those of you with a love of props, linking the OT with this new work, and just general geekery the above Facebook page is excellent. Not mine but well worth a look

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom