weekend football predictions

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
ok not a gambling man but thought we could see who was any good at predicting scores

i will go for a liverpool win as they need this game to prove people wrong and i can see manu slipping against boro as they are a bit of a boogie team off theirs
others are

birmingham - wigan draw

chelsea to beat city
everton to beat derby
ports v wham home

newcastle to win
sunderland win
blackburn win

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ok, bit late in picking this one up but here goes;

Arsenal to win at Anfield by a goal, (Benetez to be slatted wether he changes his team or not)

Everton to beat Derby, surely that's as good as 3 points in the bank?
Villa to beat Bolton (Megson as manager!? WHY!?)
Spurs and Blackburn to draw.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
I think we are going to struggle today as I don't like Sami's chances against Arsenal's pace. :(

Losing Pennant will be a big loss but we should have Torres, Alonso, Agger and Arbeloa back soon (fingers crossed) !! :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Agger has been a huge loss, partly cos he is such a key player for Liverpool (and very under-rated in my opinion) and also cos Sami is SO slow. I think Benitez knew he needed another centre back as cover but he just wasn't able to get any he wanted before the transfer window closed.
I'll be amazed if they don't sign one in January!

Will also be interesting to see how Ramos gets on at Spurs.
Will he get the players he wants? (Ie an experienced centre back and a left sided midfielder, although, Bale is doing well) or will he be dumped on like Jol was!?

Jol "Can I have a left sided midfielder and a centre back please?".....
Board "What was that you said, you wanted a striker? Good, here's Darren Bent!"

I'll never understand the logic in one man 'managing' the team and another buying the players! SURELY TO GOD the guy who works with them day in day out is best placed to know where his squad is weak/needs strengthening? Not some arse-pick who sits in his Ivory tower all day!

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
weasel said:
I missed the game, heard most of it on the radio. Were the injuries bad?

****ing injuries .a plaster board fell off ceiling today and hit me on back of calf ,hurt like **** and can hardley walk but still getting up for work and if someone offered me Ã'£200 to play football i would make my self do it ,bunch of faggots.

question :why do footballers get injured so easy and rugby players never seem to

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
jabbawokkie said:
weasel said:
I missed the game, heard most of it on the radio. Were the injuries bad?

****ing injuries .a plaster board fell off ceiling today and hit me on back of calf ,hurt like **** and can hardley walk but still getting up for work and if someone offered me Ã'£200 to play football i would make my self do it ,bunch of faggots.

question :why do footballers get injured so easy and rugby players never seem to

Ehh not sure about that mate! :?
I heard somewhere that at any one time somthing like 25-33% of professional Rugby players are injured.

craignwo4life

Sith Lord
Wasn't Johnny Wilkinson out injured for 1 or 2 years?!! :wink:

No one cares about rugby so you never hear about players getting injured !! :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom