Football shirt collecting article: Interesting parallels with vintage collecting

lejackal

Grand Master
0E21FE22-C10A-4444-89B8-A56C78BE4922.jpeg

I love a retro shirt (sadly this fits my boy rather than me but what can you do)

Prices vary widely and as we've got bigger as a nation (me in particular) 90's shirts for the fuller figured gent about town are tough to find

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
I still have a couple of 80s Bradford City shirts, but since they were bought for 15 year-old me they don't go anywhere near me now!! I can absolutely see the appeal of this hobby. Anything I collect either has to have a nostalgic attachment or an appealing design, and just like vintage SW there are so many different ways you can collect. I'm not going to be starting up another collection though ;)

How big is your collection @lejackal? Any particular focus?

lejackal

Grand Master
I still have a couple of 80s Bradford City shirts, but since they were bought for 15 year-old me they don't go anywhere near me now!! I can absolutely see the appeal of this hobby. Anything I collect either has to have a nostalgic attachment or an appealing design, and just like vintage SW there are so many different ways you can collect. I'm not going to be starting up another collection though ;)

How big is your collection @lejackal? Any particular focus?
I used to collect rugby shirts before and got to 50 or 60 at one point. That's down to about 15 now, although I've started adding shirts for Coventry Bears Rugby League, the team I played for locally and also the club that my lad now plays for in the juniors. Football shirt wise I've got one signed Arsenal shirt from around 2006 (so has Henry, Toure and a few others from the invincibles) and another 4 or 5 from the late 90's to mid 2000's. Very much a fledgling collection.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom