The imaginatively titled Premier League 21/22 Thread

lejackal

Grand Master
This is probably a bit overdue, the fixtures are out and we're about 3 weeks away from Arsenals return to the top*

*for one day only, subject to terms & conditions

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Apparently the deal is done according to the papers, Kane is off to City for 160m. And guess who Spurs play in their opening game of the season?! I can't wait for that one :cautious:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
This is probably a bit overdue, the fixtures are out and we're about 3 weeks away from Arsenals return to the top*

You're probably not wrong there with a game against Brentford a day before anyone else plays. Meanwhile Spurs get to play City the day after all the other games, we'll be firmly rooted to the bottom :rolleyes:

lejackal

Grand Master
You're probably not wrong there with a game against Brentford a day before anyone else plays. Meanwhile Spurs get to play City the day after all the other games, we'll be firmly rooted to the bottom :rolleyes:
They've actually beaten us a couple of times in recent years so I'm not holding my breath. the two following fixtures are Chelsea and City so we'll likely be bottom half and presumably calling for Artetas head on a spike 🙄😂

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Not sure the Kane deal is true its from the Sun, they talk more **** than me. Also when do City spend £160 million in one window, let aloan on one player!!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter

Alphabetical Arsenal, you say?... I bet you dread the day Aardvark Academicals win promotion to the Premiership :p:LOL:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah that deal was done back in April for Ole apparently, they were going to anounce it after the Europa League final but we lost so they didn't. lol If he struggles this season fans will turn on him I reckon.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Lamela and Aldwerweirald leave Spurs, they've both had their moments but I think it's a good time for both to move on. I think the fact Alderweirald has gone to a Qatari club sums up his attitude, you don't leave the PL and go to an oil league if you still have any ambition, he's been coasting for a few years now. Lamela has given us some memorable goals over the years, but he's too hot headed and has been a liability at times. I've never seen Gil play (apart from at the recent Euros) so will be interesting to see how he pans out, but moving on old players and bringing in young ones in a step in the right direction.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Good transfer window for Man Utd so far, Sancho and Verane are the qaulity we need. Verane is a bargain at £36 million plus add ons. Not going to be any where to hide this season for the players or coaching staff, top 4 is a must.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Lamela and Aldwerweirald leave Spurs, they've both had their moments but I think it's a good time for both to move on. I think the fact Alderweirald has gone to a Qatari club sums up his attitude, you don't leave the PL and go to an oil league if you still have any ambition, he's been coasting for a few years now. Lamela has given us some memorable goals over the years, but he's too hot headed and has been a liability at times. I've never seen Gil play (apart from at the recent Euros) so will be interesting to see how he pans out, but moving on old players and bringing in young ones in a step in the right direction.
I agree. Alderwerweild is past his prime, so it's time for him to move on. And as for Lamela, when he's good he's great, but far too often he's too selfish for his (or the Team's) own good, squandering far more chances than he scores, and never, ever passing to a player in a better position to score than him. He's been super frustrating to watch, so I won't be sorry to see him go. Hopefully the new blood will do better.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I agree. Alderwerweild is past his prime, so it's time for him to move on. And as for Lamela, when he's good he's great, but far too often he's too selfish for his (or the Team's) own good, squandering far more chances than he scores, and never, ever passing to a player in a better position to score than him. He's been super frustrating to watch, so I won't be sorry to see him go. Hopefully the new blood will do better.
Yes I was quite shocked to read that since 2013 he only scored about 35 goals in nearly 300 appearances! Granted he was often a substitute, but that's a terrible scoring average for such an attacking player.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
The OGS contract is a strange one, and by that I mean....****ing daft.

WHY give him a new deal? No other big club would take him if you offered him to them, never mind would come in and try and pinch him. He knows he is never going to get a bigger job than Utd. So, he won't be playing X off against Utd to try and get a new/better contract. So all Utd have done is make it more expensive to sack him. Genius!

Given them credit though, so far, this has been a good transfer window for them. They need a CB, DCM and Right sided attacker. They have signed a CB and a RW. Ohh and a new 3rd/4th choice keeper, but still two out three problem positions addressed is good going. The Varane deal looks very good value. Granted that means FA but on paper he looks good value. Especially when compared to that lump Maguire. I know which deal I would rather have.

Talk of Tripier to Utd won't go away. That makes total sense. Utd only have AWB and Dalot, both of whom are younger and cost £50m and £20m respectively so that's definitely an area they need to strengthen.

Ohh and BBC gossip quoted some French rag that said Utd have offered Pogba to Pool. They may have well have written "bull ****" after the headline. Those two clubs don't buy/sell from/to each other. The last time that happened was.....I don't even know, 50's? 60's? It just doesn't happen.
Secondly, Pool have no money, and Utd would prob want 40m ish for him (ignoring any "**** you, you're Liverpool we're taking the piss" premium Utd would undoubtedly add). Thirdly, Pool don't pay the 300kpw wages Pogba would demand. Fourthly, Pool and Jurgen have this weird idea about liking Midfielders who ehh run and work hard. Pogba likes to stand about and be utterly anonymous for 90mins for weeks on end, before whipping out 2 or 3 great passes in a game, normally against some shite, and then disappearing again.
Fifth, Pool have no room in their PL quote for another non home-grown player. I am assuming Pogba doesn't count as home grown, I know Fabregas did, somehow.
Regardless, Pogba to Pool is as likely to happen as me winning Miss World this year.

Definitely my favourite utter BS transfer story of the summer.

I agree with Edd on Alderweireld and Lamela. Two players you won't really miss. Two wasted talents as well.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
The thing with Pogba is next summer he could go to any other side for free! Imagine that, Man Utd will have let Pogba go for free twice and bought him once for £90 million, what a joke. I can see this happening as well, the Liverpool story is complete crap, his agent may have offered him to Liverpool for next summer. Not sure who's going to pay the £400k a week that he's demanding thow, agree completely that he turns up when he feels like it. It's a bit like being offered a Playstation 4 or a Playstation 5, the only catch is the Playstation 5 only works every other day.

lejackal

Grand Master
For once Arsenal look to be having a decent transfer window, although 50mil for Ben White looks a bit much when we still need a midfielder and possibly a keeper

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Swearing ha ha go for it !
I think the signings for Utd are good and show a support for OGS, can't fault his progression
that's the issue in today's environment, show support for a manager, back him, instead of panicking and sea change of manager and back room staff, show a bit of commitment, hopefully the Utd signings show the progressive attitude of the club and the proof of the pudding is in the next season

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
For once Arsenal look to be having a decent transfer window, although 50mil for Ben White looks a bit much when we still need a midfielder and possibly a keeper
Yeah, and three other defenders, and a few more midfielders. Ohh and a striker!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom