!!SPOILERS!! The Mandalorian Spoilers Allowed Discussion Thread

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
Still need to watch it but just haven't got the motivation.

I think a lot of fans feel like that. We've been blasted with so much average new content over the last 5 years, but The Mandalorian is refreshingly brilliant IMO and I can't wait for the next episode.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
StarWarsFan said:

I think a lot of fans feel like that. We've been blasted with so much average new content over the last 5 years, but The Mandalorian is refreshingly brilliant IMO and I can't wait for the next episode.

Yer very true, will never watch 7,8 and 9 ever again.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
StarWarsFan said:
theforceuk said:
StarWarsFan said:

Another great episode. Bring on Ahsoka!
Loving the Mandalorian at the moment, but wholeheartedly agree with these comments.

For me, Disney/Lucasfilm are very much on probation.
Hopefully, we've turned the corner and can look forward to the Kenobi and (rumoured) Boba Fett series as well.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Twin30mm said:
StarWarsFan said:
theforceuk said:

Another great episode. Bring on Ahsoka!
Loving the Mandalorian at the moment, but wholeheartedly agree with these comments.

For me, Disney/Lucasfilm are very much on probation.
Hopefully, we've turned the corner and can look forward to the Kenobi and (rumoured) Boba Fett series as well.

Thanks for the update mate. Sounds good. Wish they would do something with Luke though make 7,8,9 none canon and make Luke who he really is.

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
StarWarsFan said:
Thanks for the update mate. Sounds good. Wish they would do something with Luke though make 7,8,9 none canon and make Luke who he really is.

Give it go.
It's not perfect, but its made by people (Favreau/Filoni) who appear to have an understanding of what makes SW great. Some of the OT and Clone Wars references have been fantastic.

There's rumours that it may lead into the Sequel Trilogy storyline.
Let's hope they stay just that. Rumours.
Whether they de-canonize the ST or not, for me it's a non-issue.
I'll never watch them again. Once was more than enough :(

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
Twin30mm said:
StarWarsFan said:

Give it go.
It's not perfect, but its made by people (Favreau/Filoni) who appear to have an understanding of what makes SW great. Some of the OT and Clone Wars references have been fantastic.

There's rumours that it may lead into the Sequel Trilogy storyline.
Let's hope they stay just that. Rumours.
Whether they de-canonize the ST or not, for me it's a non-issue.
I'll never watch them again. Once was more than enough :(

Cheers mate will do. Agree Once was more than enough.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Loved the latest episode going to watch it again today, the Razor Crest needs fixing though it's stressing me out!

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
I loved episode 3! I think it might be my favourite episode across both series so far, in fact my only real complaint is that it was too short! How perfectly cast was Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan? A brilliant choice, I thought, and it gives me hope that Ahsoka Tano won't get ruined by being made into a live action character. Ahsoka is actually one of my favourite Star Wars characters across all media, so I admit I winced a bit at the thought of putting her in The Mandalorian in case they didn't make a good job of it, but the excellent treatment of Bo-Katan gives me real hope, so bring on the next episode! :-D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Frunkstar said:
theforceuk said:
Loved the latest episode going to watch it again today, the Razor Crest needs fixing though it's stressing me out!

You & me both, the state it's in makes the flacon look like a flagship :lol:

Maybe time for a new ride? :eek:

No way! It may not look like much but........lol

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
I loved episode 3! I think it might be my favourite episode across both series so far, in fact my only real complaint is that it was too short! How perfectly cast was Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan? A brilliant choice, I thought, and it gives me hope that Ahsoka Tano won't get ruined by being made into a live action character. Ahsoka is actually one of my favourite Star Wars characters across all media, so I admit I winced a bit at the thought of putting her in The Mandalorian in case they didn't make a good job of it, but the excellent treatment of Bo-Katan gives me real hope, so bring on the next episode! :-D

I just found out Katee Sackhoff voices Bo-Katan in the clone wars so the casting is literally perfect!
I too am excited for Ahsoka, she's one of the best things to come out of the prequel era.

Dantooine

Padawan
Episode 4 (or chapter 12) might be my favourite of the season so far. Works as a stand alone episode but also now starts to tie in to the larger plot. Pretty damn great. Quite a few call backs etc, just the right mix of old and new.

I think we can see we're this is all headed now... should be good.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
StarWarsFan said:
Watched the first episode, yes its very good just hope when it ends they don't **** it up!

I don't think they will, I've really enjoyed all the episodes so far. Glad you enjoyed the first episode!

Twin30mm

Jedi Knight
Another great episode. This series is developing into a really enjoyable addition to the SW universe.
The overarching story is starting to take shape.
Even the fish guy (Mythrol??) was tolerable in this one.

There's a rumour going around, that the bodies in the clone vats are Snoke(s).
I've got a horrible feeling they're gonna start making connections to Sequel Trilogy, which IMHO is a big mistake.
This series should stand alone and not be used as a plot-hole filler for the ST.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
theforceuk said:
StarWarsFan said:
Watched the first episode, yes its very good just hope when it ends they don't **** it up!

I don't think they will, I've really enjoyed all the episodes so far. Glad you enjoyed the first episode!

I hope not too. Just bitter about the crap ending to Supernatural.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
This episode was a slightly weaker one for me. It felt a bit more 'TV' in terms of the acting and direction, and the Merman character looks and acts like he wandered out of the make up dept for Star Trek Deep Space Nine - striking a rare false note in an otherwise very believable and real feeling series.

That said, the speeder bike chase and seeing Baby Yoda plonked down behind a school desk more than made up for it, and a weaker episode of The Mandalorian is still head and shoulders better than 99.9% of whatever else is on TV.

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
... And this next episode 'Chapter 13, The Jedi' was back to brilliance.

For me, so much of sci-fi fantasy is based on world building, and this episode was just wonderful in that regard. I have some knowledge of how these episodes are made, with 'the volume' but throughout this episode the visuals impressed me and defied easy explanation. There were times when the environment looked like a World War I hellscape, and times when it looked like an early Ralph McQuarrie painting brought to life. It had authenticity, used universe realism, and even an 8DB droid!

I also loved that little musical refrain when Yoda was mentioned. Magic!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom