Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Lee77 said:
Regarding Lee Grays point about a purple spot near Chewbacca on the 65 cardback. I don't think this links it to Toni. I had cards that were from childhood collections that had the same mark on the back. There doesn't appear to be any pattern on which this spot appears. It's definitely on cards that weren't from Toni and had price stickers on. Ill look at pictures later and try to figure out if there is a pattern to it. .

I've found the red dot on a Palitoy 45 Luke Bespin and a 45 Fett. The Fett was bought directly from Toni, the Luke came from Vectis which may or may not be from Toni.

I've also noticed a mark that could very well be the crescent/tweezer indent on the TT Fett, although it's on the very tip of the edge so it's bitchin difficult to see properly. I'd only found the crescent on double stems, but this is one of the big no stem palitoy bubbles.

Chris

søren

Jedi Knight
x-pack said:
Just one thing...

I keep seeing these melted seals and thinking 'I have an ESB Kenner Hoth Han like that'. Has no-one else got Kenner cards with melted seals? Pretty sure it's got the waffle pattern and everything but part of the seal is quite badly melted.

It's just that maybe the melt isn't proof of dodgy 90's sealing processes

Palitoy did sell / use kenner cards . I have always been thinking . Why send a hole moc from the US to the UK . If they could just send the cardbacks .

( why they did it in the first place i don't know . But maybe running out of carbacks or some kind of hold up in the printing house etc. made them do it .
Or Palitoy where just not keeping up with production )

You can see the card here , a ESB card with Acbar stiker offer . On that it has a palitoy offer and on top of that it was send to denmark and sold here :
th_palitoy005.jpg
and the back here :
th_palitoy006.jpg

I this album you can see some other Kenner cards with palitoy stickers on them . So the idea that some Kenner cards where left over at the plant and Tony got them is not that far out imho .

http://s222.photobucket.com/user/sorenarndal/library/palitoy%20cardbacks?sort=3&page=1

Richard_H

Grand Master
Did palitoy actually print the cardbacks or order them from a printing firm? If they were ordered in and the printer was delayed then why not use kenner ones?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Looks like it Iain. He says " I traded some tie pilots, bossk, stormtroopers, at at drivers"[/quote]

Yes, I should have said, were they really the only figures that you traded - i.e. no last 17 or first 12[/quote]
Never any last 17. I think I traded him one luke farmboy. As they are quite expensive as U85, surely he'd have been better off just buying mint one's on eBay.

I'm still finding it very hard to accept all this. I just can't believe this is wide scale fraud. I always thought of Toni as a decent bloke. Maybe he has been chancing his arm with some?.. But everything?... The mind boggles.[/quote]

Thanks Robbie. That's undertandable. Over what length of time were these 50+ u grade figures bought?

galactables

Padawan
Caswellbot said:
Looks like it Iain. He says " I traded some tie pilots, bossk, stormtroopers, at at drivers"

Yes, I should have said, were they really the only figures that you traded - i.e. no last 17 or first 12[/quote]
Never any last 17. I think I traded him one luke farmboy. As they are quite expensive as U85, surely he'd have been better off just buying mint one's on eBay.

I'm still finding it very hard to accept all this. I just can't believe this is wide scale fraud. I always thought of Toni as a decent bloke. Maybe he has been chancing his arm with some?.. But everything?... The mind boggles.[/quote]

Thanks Robbie. That's undertandable. Over what length of time were these 50+ u grade figures bought?[/quote]
About 2 years?
One striking observation over the years: All the non Toni Palitoys that I have seen have had a more brittle, yellowed or prone to yellowing bubble. Toni's twin stems are so strong and clear.

Lee77

Sith Lord
Thanks Iain and Chris. I'm ok cheers

I get that the cards shown at FF4 were badly sealed in the 90s but I don't get the relation of them to Toni. If it turns out he's been smart enough to do this for years, he's hardly gonna let ones that he's practiced with get out in to the open. Why does someone with a 'chequered' past keep these for all this time? Maybe I'm being cynical, but we've got someone who joined Swf a couple of weeks back, who admitted selling resealed or put together mocs from the 90's, now seeing the error of his ways and coming clean?
If billy boy came back, apologised and then dropped a bombshell such as Mr X has been selling re taped baggies for years, what would the outcome be?

Admittedly, its looking more and more likely that Toni has been making mocs to order, but if JJ really gave a toss, he could have let this be known years ago.

Going off of Joes feedback list and the figures Robbie traded with Toni, these are the exact same mocs that Toni has lots of. An almost limitless supply.

I guess the next step is to figure out exactly which figure/card combos are affected and go from there.
Spreadsheet anyone!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
That's fair comment lee and we are trying to work out exactly where they did come from. However, why would Jason bring them in the first place? If he had anything to do with them bring sealed that would be one foolhardy move.

Regardless of that, I think its clear to see that there is a lot of facts surrounding Toni's dealings that really don't stack up.

kraftdermacht

Padawan
Mattias, I quickly found four cards with the pink spot a Chewie's arm (not sure if this has cleared up already) but from the 3 rotj Fett cards I have none is this type:

pink_spot1.jpg

pink_spot2.jpg

Wolfgang

kraftdermacht

Padawan
wbobafett said:
Please check your Luke Farmboy! This is also a PBP (late) figure! I never saw one on a German card before! :O

Hi. My luck I did not buy this:

German_ESB_General_Mills_Luke_Skywalker.jpg

I noticed that the figure is cracked inside the bubble! I have to check who the seller was and what the history of this is.

Wolfgang

spoons

Grand Master
kraftdermacht said:
These are not from Toni:

non_toni_s.jpg

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang, these are potentially the most useful items in this thread. Do any of the bubbles have the crescent shape or dimpled pin-sized holes?

M4K3R1

Padawan
Lee77 said:
Thanks Iain and Chris. I'm ok cheers

I get that the cards shown at FF4 were badly sealed in the 90s but I don't get the relation of them to Toni. If it turns out he's been smart enough to do this for years, he's hardly gonna let ones that he's practiced with get out in to the open. Why does someone with a 'chequered' past keep these for all this time? Maybe I'm being cynical, but we've got someone who joined Swf a couple of weeks back, who admitted selling resealed or put together mocs from the 90's, now seeing the error of his ways and coming clean?

Most definatelly, this is exactlly what seems to be getting overlooked.
And quite shockinglly...accepted.

lee gray

Sith Lord
Hit front page of RS news now even though its still not been proven

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/eBay_Today_1389_A_Warning_About_Well_Done_Fake_Palitoy_General_Mills_Carded_Figures_155841.asp

M4K3R1

Padawan
Yes a hoarder, but why would you hold on to the absolute worst ones, with telling signs they are fake,
and sell off hundreds of others.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom