Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Good to see your post Lee and I hope you're well mate. You have definitely raised a few good issues.

With regards to the pics I took at farthest from 4 of the mocs jj brought along, they are helpful in so far as they do show that someone was trying to hone their skills in sealing these. It is obviously likely that over the years someone might get a lot better at it and the results now are going to be far superior to the early attempts. With the rise of the internet and forums it is unlikely that you would get away with dodgy seals like the ones we saw on sunday.
That said, other examples like sandtrooper-5's hoth trooper go to show that they are out there in peoples collections.

Chris

itfciain

Grand Master
Joe has posted the eBay ID in the other thread - this is it with the 30 odd name changes

http://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=t489ab

Joe

Grand Master
Cc4rhu said:
Joe doesn't use pm Jason. Is that the one from the screenshot in the other thread?

No he messaged me on FB I just forgot to send it to him :lol:

It is indeed in the screenshot for all to see.

Jason - there might be loads of threads but they are all discussing this thread which itself has turned into an 80+ pager. It's becoming increasingly hard to keep track of what's going on and information is being lost in the process..

The other thread I've just set up is purely so people can quickly look at one thread, one post and say "ok I know what to look for and I know what is suspicious".

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
kraftdermacht said:
Hi, I finally registered to SWF to give some input. I run the German GM 45 web page at Raumhafen.de http://www.raumhafen.de/cgi-bin/sho...wars/sw/esb_45back_d&titel=German ESB Figures It was mentioned in the thread before.

I still have all the GM figures I bought from Toni in 2000-2003. I bought all singles he offered and have the lists and dates of purchase. I have also several of the figures on card that were not offered by him like Luke. And I have most GM card backs loose that are definitely from childhood collections to compare. I will finally take these out tonight.

To you detectives out there (Matthias, Jason Palitoy, ...) Anything I should check to add to the picture?

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang, great to see you on here.

Your website touches on Toni (not by name) and the skew in rarity as a result of the GM MOCs he has been banging out over the years.
Most of these have the english text on the back, though a few do not. Michael from hell has also said a few of the ones with english text on
the back made it to market in Germany. Your insight here would be very helpful.

I do think its very telling that between us (about 75 cardbacks), not one has the english text on the back).

I have one German 2-1b single stem I bought directly from Toni, the seal looks pretty good.

I also have a German 2-1b double stem I believe originated from Toni which I bought from Chesunt. Looks pretty good too.

As for looking for printing errors, I don't think there are any or many on the GM cards, they were
rejected because of the English text on the back, unlike the Palitoy cards which failed QC due
to printing errors.

Good luck finding anything that can be of help!

cheers Jason

Joe

Grand Master
Oh and just to be clear, the feedback of the second account was actually always private, so you didn't miss any golden opportunity there.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
Joe has posted the eBay ID in the other thread - this is it with the 30 odd name changes

Which other thread?

cheers Jason

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
itfciain said:

Jesus, those 30 random user names certainly look like someone who dosen't want their identity on ebay found out,.

:eek:

Jason

itfciain

Grand Master
mr_palitoy said:
itfciain said:

Which other thread?

cheers Jason

This one - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18756

ace

Jedi Knight
hi Joe did you say you have put up a new thread ?

if you are going to i do think we need to run the fest post by at least a few of us just so its correct we have all come a very long way and we do not want to get it wrong or saying in a way that its not clear, there is way to much confusion already .

that first post will go viral with all card collectors , i am happy to read it before it is put up , Jason are you agreed we need a clear post in a new thread ?

things are still moving very fast on here still

jason

Joe

Grand Master
You are all welcome to give your views on what needs to be included and what doesn't need to be, I will actively edit and monitor that thread to make sure everything that is included in the first post is either fact or includes information that is deemed important to the discussion.

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
ace said:
hi Joe did you say you have put up a new thread ?

if you are going to i do think we need to run the fest post by at least a few of us just so its correct we have all come a very long way and we do not want to get it wrong or saying in a way that its not clear, there is way to much confusion already .

that first post will go viral with all card collectors , i am happy to read it before it is put up , Jason are you agreed we need a clear post in a new thread ?

things are still moving very fast on here still

jason

I've just taken a look at Joe's new thread. Looks great, I think having Joe pull out posts like that will help with people looking for an executive summary.

cheers Jason

PIGCITY

Sith Lord
I trust Joe as a very level headed, long standing unbiased member and this should be left to him to collate all relevant info. This is confusing enough as is

galactables

Padawan
Ok guys. I have been watching this thread with interest and thought it was time I added my 2 cents to all this:

I have been collecting Star Wars (as an adult) since around 1992. I bought lots of stuff via mail order from the likes of Wendy Wandsworth, Terry and Monica Deegan, etc. I joined the SW Appreciation Society (run by a certain Stephen Nelmes). I remember some of the Rotj Palitoys around then and some (esp hoth stormtrooper) had shabbily applied blisters, and even remains of glue over the card. I still believe that these were simply the last of the last to get knocked out by Palitoy. Sure, look at many of the tri miscards?!

I have been buying carded figures from Toni for a long time. I was always well chuffed with the quality. Toni knew what I wanted, and always charged me top prices, cos he said he could get them graded himself, and make more money.
I have traded loose u grades with Toni, mostly for carded Rotj hoth troopers and c-3po's. I traded some tie pilots, bossk, stormtroopers, at at drivers. I knew Toni had lots of carded troopers and c-3po's and thought it was just handier for him to shift some loose u grades of popular characters and also offload some of his inventory of those 2 carded figures.I did joke with some good collecting friends that Toni must be making these himself, but really couldn't believe that cards could be reproduced (and still don't think they can) to the exact type of the 80's. It's only when JJ said about 25000 card backs being around, that I started to seriously wonder?... 

Ed raised a good point about Toni only selling hoth troopers, c-3po, luke Bespin on eBay. I think he sold bossk Palitoys too. I've handled loads of his cards and if he's been 'at it' for all these years then it's been a master stroke. I personally do not think that all his Palitoys and Germans are 'Toni-Tooled'. Do I think some are? It's quite possible. I really don't know what to think anymore. I always had a good business relationship with him. I'm not out to drag his name through the mud. I've a lot of money in his stuff and this is quite worrying. I contacted Toni, and this was his reply:

Date: 15 December 2013 16:24:51 GMT
To: "Robbie Mullan" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Palitoy/ GM
Reply-To: "toni" <[email protected]>
hi no i havent been sealing figures. As you know youve had lots of carded stuff off me with which you have been satisfied and most of it seems to have gone for grading with out any issues and for sale on ebay by you . thanks
--------------------------------------------------
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 2:23 PM
To: "Toni Emchowicz" <[email protected]>
Subject: Palitoy/ GM
Toni
What is going on here?
Have you been sealing these yourself?
Please advise.
Robbie.

itfciain

Grand Master
Robbie - were most of the graded loose figure that you sold/traded with Toni the ones that have been highlighted in this thread ? Any ideas on quantities ?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
Robbie - were most of the graded loose figure that you sold/traded with Toni the ones that have been highlighted in this thread ? Any ideas on quantities ?

Looks like it Iain. He says " I traded some tie pilots, bossk, stormtroopers, at at drivers"

itfciain

Grand Master
Caswellbot said:
itfciain said:

Looks like it Iain. He says " I traded some tie pilots, bossk, stormtroopers, at at drivers"

Yes, I should have said, were they really the only figures that you traded - i.e. no last 17 or first 12

galactables

Padawan
itfciain said:
Caswellbot said:
itfciain said:

Yes, I should have said, were they really the only figures that you traded - i.e. no last 17 or first 12
Never any last 17. I think I traded him one luke farmboy. As they are quite expensive as U85, surely he'd have been better off just buying mint one's on eBay.

I'm still finding it very hard to accept all this. I just can't believe this is wide scale fraud. I always thought of Toni as a decent bloke. Maybe he has been chancing his arm with some?.. But everything?... The mind boggles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom