Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

Joe

Grand Master
olisuds said:
escapist said:
olisuds said:
Anyone care to name the 10 most common figures found on Toni's MOCs?

From ebay Feedback between 2007 and 2013 (not including Kenner cards):

58 x Palitoy ROTJ Hoth Stormtrooper 65bk
53 x Palitoy ROTJ C3PO (inc 1 AFA graded)
17 x Palitoy ROTJ Walrusman 45bk (+ 1 Clipper ESB)
15 x Palitoy ROTJ Luke Bespin 65bk
13 x Palitoy ROTJ Stormtrooper 65bk
11 x General Mills German ESB Han Solo
10 x Palitoy ROTJ Gamorrean Guard 65bk
9 x Palitoy ROTJ Logray 65bk
8 x Palitoy ROTJ Boba Fett 45bk
7 x Palitoy ROTJ Lobot 45bk

Comparison of his 10 most abundant carded figures against the 10 most recent loose figures he has purchased (last 16 days):

Carded:

Hoth Stormtrooper x
C3PO x
Walrusman
Luke Bespin
Stormtrooper x
Han Solo
Gamorrean Guard
Logray x
Boba Fett
Lobot x

Loose:

Hoth Stormtrooper x
2-1B
FX-7
Luke Farmboy Brown hair
Stormtrooper x
Logray x
Bossk
Rebel Commander
Lobot x
C3PO x

Good comparison Oli, that's exactly why the second ebay account was so worrying. It's worth noting though that the data being used is pulled from Ebay sales only, we all know Toni sells a lot of stock directly through his site or through email so it's entirely possible he has sold carded 2-1B's, Luke's, FX-7's etc :(

I am still 100% on the fence but I doubt anyone here thinks there is a perfectly logical explanation as to why he is buying mint loose versions of the very figures he sells mint on card..

spoons

Grand Master
Joseph_Y said:
Captainsolo1978 said:
Has Toni got photos of the Palitoy cases the figures he states hq bought from Arthur were in.

Seems without a good response no one will be buying these German Esb figures again.

Seems like some asshole on TIG is willing to take a chance on them..... :lol:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6570-wtb-any-and-all-palitoy-esb-rotj-and-german-45bksworried-about-them-being-realdump-them-to-me

What is he paying for a GM Stormtrooper?

olisuds

Sith Lord
Joe said:
Good comparison Oli, that's exactly why the second ebay account was so worrying. It's worth noting though that the data being used is pulled from Ebay sales only, we all know Toni sells a lot of stock directly through his site or through email so it's entirely possible he has sold carded 2-1B's, Luke's, FX-7's etc :(

I am still 100% on the fence but I doubt anyone here thinks there is a perfectly logical explanation as to why he is buying mint loose versions of the very figures he sells mint on card..

2-1B, Luke Farmboy (brown hair) and Bossk are also pretty common Palitoy figures!!

spoons

Grand Master
**Delboy75** said:
So are there any non Toni GM's that have these odd holes/dimples around the bubble like spoons posted.

I sold all my GM's, but have CU pics on my pc and a lot of them have these marks.

I'd hazard a guess that any narrow heat sealed bubbles with dimples are a result of 'home' sealing.

Hope I'm wrong - happy to sell Joe Y my Bossk too (for the right price ;))

Joseph_Y

Padawan
spoons said:
**Delboy75** said:
So are there any non Toni GM's that have these odd holes/dimples around the bubble like spoons posted.

I sold all my GM's, but have CU pics on my pc and a lot of them have these marks.

I'd hazard a guess that any narrow heat sealed bubbles with dimples are a result of 'home' sealing.

Email me pics and we'll see what we can do...my email is : [email protected]

Cheers
J

theslider

Sith Lord
What designates a Palitoy trilogo hybrid? I thought it was a Palitoy card back with a trilogo bubble on it.

itfciain

Grand Master
theslider said:
What designates a Palitoy trilogo hybrid? I thought it was a Palitoy card back with a trilogo bubble on it.

The Hybrids are ROTJ fronts and Trilogo backs - there are only six of them - Greedo, Snaggletooth. Hammerhead, CCP and both Bespin Guards. There are plenty of other examples of Trilogo bubbles found on ROTJ cards - but these are not Hybrids

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
I find that open discourse and deregulation of forum rules allows a self policed SWFUK to be a an atmosphere where fellow collectors can share their passion through respect and unity.

Just saying.

Joseph_Y

Padawan
Maulster79 said:
I find that open discourse and deregulation of forum rules allows a self policed SWFUK to be a an atmosphere where fellow collectors can share their passion through respect and unity.

Just saying.

.....And even when the fellow collectors don't respect each other, SWFUK allows that to run its course as well. Which can be also be a fun thing.
:lol:
J

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
spoons said:
I don't know who to believe but I've just taken a second look at my UK and German 45 backs, and the AFA German Stormtrooper has me worried.

Does anyone have an obviously shop bought double stemmed card, with a series of pin sized holes around the bubble. Should be two on the top, two on the left hand side and one on the bottom.

Stormtrooper45GMGermanfront.jpg

I will ask again....I have found more:

14a10a10.jpg

All three bubbles are different! We have two different single stem and one more double stem on Stormtrooper!

Does any one else have cards with that holes????

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Good work oli. Very fishy activity indeed. With regards to joe y's offer to buy out everyones cards, that looks pretty foolhardy from where I'm sitting right now!

batman

Padawan
I did a simple experiment to see if i could seal part of a blister to a german cardback using materials that were available in the early 90's and this is the result
german45_zpsd55e9831.jpg

german45blister_zpsea0ee00b.jpg

I've discussed the details of the experiment and how to use it to seal full blisters with Joe_o and i think it's safe to say for now myth plausible .

spoons

Grand Master
Joseph_Y said:
spoons said:
**Delboy75** said:

Email me pics and we'll see what we can do...my email is : [email protected]

Cheers
J

Wolffs posted a picture of the Stormtrooper below, and the Bossk is a few pages back

theslider

Sith Lord
itfciain said:
theslider said:

The Hybrids are ROTJ fronts and Trilogo backs - there are only six of them - Greedo, Snaggletooth. Hammerhead, CCP and both Bespin Guards. There are plenty of other examples of Trilogo bubbles found on ROTJ cards - but these are not Hybrids

Ahh, makes sense now!

Joe

Grand Master
batman said:
I did a simple experiment to see if i could seal part of a blister to a german cardback using materials that were available in the early 90's and this is the result
german45_zpsd55e9831.jpg

german45blister_zpsea0ee00b.jpg

I've discussed the details of the experiment and how to use it to seal full blisters with Joe_o and i think it's safe to say for now myth plausible .

Glad you posted this Batman and yes I do believe that your test was conclusive proof that you can seal bubbles to cards with minimal effort.

If it's not clear to those looking a the pictures, the side of that original bubble was sealed by Batman to the blue area behind the figure and then the rest of the bubble was cut away so you can see how just well the plastic had attached to the card.

In my opinion if you had original bubbles and cards, sealing them together would be pretty easy. I can assure you guys that Batman's test was not carried out using thousands of pounds worth of tooling and machinery either..

spoons

Grand Master
Anyone here whitegloves22 on eBay?

There's a Palitoy 45 fire sale going on - a sign of things to come.

Joe

Grand Master
spoons said:
Anyone here whitegloves22 on eBay?

There's a Palitoy 45 fire sale going on - a sign of things to come.

Haha, that made me laugh but I don't think it's related Andy. That seller has been trying to move his collection for months now, before any of this came to light.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom