Resealed figure discovery debate - G.Kurtz Palitoy VC Jawa.

ace

Jedi Knight
JohnA said:
**Delboy75** said:
This pink dot thing on the card backs. Could it not be a simple case that some went to production, QA picked up on the flaw and pulled the lot, both carded and loose cards would then exist.

That same thought crossed my mind and I was actually going to bring it up. I'd like to think they'd be destroyed or marked in some way though. I know QC cards that passed inspection have turned up for Kenner and some Euro distributors. I've never seen anything that failed though. It's quite possible they failed and the whole batch, carded and cards, just got boxed away. Maybe these were even rescued from the bin, ala Steve "Dumpster Diver" Denny??

John

hi John

i think that maybe a possibility, i even think that maybe someone got ahold of this stock and attempted to put some of them together to to make them more sellable at the time they were first released from Palitoy ?,

but we have lots missing from the story right now ?,

by the time i got the list there was 25,000 items in the deal ,cards, figures, bubbles , and carded figures at that time there was many cards that had not been put together , that is a point in time well after Palitoy had closed.

that list shows a point in time when these figures had not been assembled.

then

Arthur had these package and was trying to sell it.

Then Toni and Arthur had the package for around 5 years together now it seems ?

Then Toni has been selling on his own for for 10 years it seems, and buying mint figures on line.

we are getting to the bottom of this the facts are coming together .

ace

Jedi Knight
skye said:
I was saying the same thing, John.

How about "mod-seals" indicating modern seals of vintage materials.

i think whatever its called it should explain to the layman what the figures history is , if its vague then people may just think its still an all genuine item ?

V/P vintage parts ?

V/C vintage componentes ?

just a thought ?

bobbybobs

Padawan
skywalker said:
Where the **** is Toni...???

How can he not want to defend himself..??

I'd say he's taking a well earned holiday on a paradise island spending all of our money. It's not easy being a one man Palitoy MOC factory for 20 years.

The real question is: What island is he on? What country doesn't have an extradition treaty with the UK?

escapist

Jedi Knight
ace said:
skye said:

i think whatever its called it should explain to the layman what the figures history is , if its vague then people may just think its still an all genuine item ?

V/P vintage parts ?

just a thought ?

Can we call them COC's and have done with it? Sod working out what it stands for. :)

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
skywalker said:

If you look up his profile on the member search and click through onto his profile, it will tell you when he was last signed in. As of now it was approx. 2:20 this afternoon, so:

Either he is looking at the for sale section and looking to buy mint loose figures for his bossk/yoda/C3po rem limbs/hothtrooper/boba fett etc etc etc focuses

Or maybe he is going to tell us what his fav xmas song is or post a picture of his christmas tree, probably decorated with £50 notes

Or he is following this thread with great interest waiting to see what happens, but choosing for the moment to hide in the shadows without comment.

TONI, ITS NEARLY CHRISTMAS. GIVE US A SIGN!!!

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
escapist said:
ace said:
skye said:

V/P vintage parts ?

just a thought ?

Can we call them COC's and have done with it? Sod working out what it stands for. :)

DT ? Short for a "Dirty Toni"

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
Do not google 'Dirty Toni'

Do not look at the first image returned on images.

Unless you have safe search turned on.

:shock:

Jason

spoons

Grand Master
ace said:
skye said:

V/P vintage parts ?

just a thought ?

If you don't like 'recards' how about 'T-cards' no need to explain what the T is for

Aren't they essentially modern unlicenced knock-offs. An East Sussex bootleg would cover it ;)

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
mr_palitoy said:
edd_jedi said:
Does anybody know if AFA have acknowledged this yet? There is now 100% concrete proof that at least some of these in circulation are fake.

AFA/UKG need to give a united front on this. They should be in here, driving this investigation.

They will need to do something with all the Tonis (both ungraded and graded) which are now winging their way for grading/authentication.

(And figure out what to do about the ones that they have already graded)

:eek:

Jason

AFA and UKG are getting these printed.

denyeverything_zps57556ac7.jpg

You aren't gonna see them within 100 miles of any of this carnage. Anything graded to date will stay graded, they'll be much more careful grading anything at all on the 'at risk' list in future and life will go on for them.

They can't do anything else (if they want any reputation at the end of this mess).

JohnA

Padawan
spoons said:
If you don't like 'recards' how about 'T-cards' no need to explain what the T is for

Aren't they essentially modern unlicenced knock-offs. An East Sussex bootleg would cover it ;)

LOL That's the thing. He's really only guilty, if proven to be, of unlicensed distribution. The parts are all real. From a collector sense it's a lot more but from a business sense just that. In fact, I'm sure I've heard of people taking leftover parts and assembling later to sell (not SW). I think there's even post retail lines of half real and half reproduction parts, something akin to the Frakensteined Lili Ledy figures.

Anybody here a lawyer/solicitor? Aside from collecting laws what actual laws did he break? Many times courts of law do not care much for collectibles. I know one of the shippers, maybe Fed Ex, will buy you a brand new of the same figure (read as modern) if your vintage one breaks in transit. Some don't even care if the package rips as long as the toy is fine. Our world doesn't always compute to them. The right judge may not be able to discern between sealed in the 90s and sealed in the 80s, in which case another angle may need to be pursued.

John

Lafos

Jedi Knight
bobbybobs said:
skywalker said:

I'd say he's taking a well earned holiday on a paradise island spending all of our money. It's not easy being a one man Palitoy MOC factory for 20 years.

The real question is: What island is he on? What country doesn't have an extradition treaty with the UK?
Does none of the UK collectors live in his neighborhood ?! Did anyone ever picked up a MOC personally from TT ?!

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
A few people live in his area Lafos but I doubt anyone knows where he lives or has been to his house. He does rent some cabinet space in a vintage shop in Brighton where he sells some carded and loose bits.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Going back to this idea of these cards being overstock or factory rejects as a result of printing errors, the GM 45 back cards he sells seem to have an area of red print over the ESB logo. Is this also evident on cards that we know were legitimately shop bought in Germany?

plantman

Sith Lord
the only people that would definitely be after him is the taxman if we produced all the sales recipts, and a lot of collectors would want to give him the opportunity to give them their money back face to face.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
His address is the one that is listed on the companies house record from his business with Arthur. It is also the address that was on his old adverts in the model marts that Jason had with him on sunday. He also goes into the flea market a couple of times a week. I could be round his house in ten minutes if I wanted to. Im not really sure what I would do or say if he answered the door though. I suppose I could take my "Dirty Tonis" round and ask for my money back.

lee gray

Sith Lord
I dont know if its on all the 45 back C but everyone I got from Toni had a little red blob right next to chewbaccas arm on the back

domfett_back.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom